WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro-Blue Pearl Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Sport models (at least model year 2021 when I bought), came with the 5" Uconnect, no power windows or doors, basically a like a sport vs Sport s.
So when you look up the VIN so all willys models come up as willys sport then the options seperate wether its a willys or a willys sport? or is there a issue with my VIN?
Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
No idea. But if you have auto windows and door locks, it's a Willys, not a Willys Sport. Those aren't (at least weren't) even options on the Sport when I bought.

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
No idea. But if you have auto windows and door locks, it's a Willys, not a Willys Sport. Those aren't (at least weren't) even options on the Sport when I bought.
Yeah, mine as all the options except for the adaptive cruise control. I was looking to trade it annd when they ran the vin and made me a offer it was really low. and i was trying to figure out what was going on. And from what ive found is they made the offer based on a Willys sport due to how the VIN came back

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Maybe see if @JeepCares has an idea why? That's messed up if your truck VIN is showing as the economy model when it isn't.

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
Next up….steel rear bumper and that’s it for a bit. The Mopar front bumper with Maximus 3 hoop was not cheap 🙃

1DDDEC31-8676-4E79-BEFE-3BA98B9BA40C.jpeg

Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
That looks sweet! Also, you have the tidiest garage I've about ever seen.

I have steel bumpers, KC lights, and a winch being installed a week from today. Stoked to get 'em on. It bugged me having plastic bumpers on this since the day I got it. Shame they don't offer the steel bumper group on this trim level.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So when you look up the VIN so all willys models come up as willys sport then the options seperate wether its a willys or a willys sport?
This confusion has been brought up before. While Jeep likes to market the Willys as a separate model, they handle the building of them as basically upgraded Sport or Sport S models with the Willy package added.

A "Willys Sport" is a base mode Sport with the Willys package.

A "Willys" is a Sport S model with the Willys package.

You have to sometimes hand walk an appraising dealership through the difference, especially if they are not a Jeep dealership. KBB will delineate the difference, others may not, especially auction referencing.

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Yeah, I finally figured out where the confusion was coming from. The VINs just say willys sport, with no designation between the two. May make getting the KBB a little tougher. Honestly it's a very ignorant way to do it

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Yeah, I finally figured out where the confusion was coming from. The VINs just say willys sport, with no designation between the two. May make getting the KBB a little tougher. Honestly it's a very ignorant way to do it
That's Jeep for you. The model is determined by the 7th digit in the VIN, so for example:

1C6JJTBxxxxxxxxxx

If your VIN looked like the above, you'd know you had a Rubicon because the 7th digit is a B. In the case of sport (and Willys) the 7th digit is 'A'. Technically Jeep doesn't consider these different models. The only models they recognize (from a VIN perspective) are:

• Mojave
  • Sport
  • Rubicon
  • Overland
However, this shouldn't affect your ability to get a good estimate for your vehicle prices, because the VIN also doesn't include many things about a vehicle that make it worth more (or less) than another similar vehicle. Such things like the cold weather package, etc., are not encoded into your VIN, but still are accounted for in a KBB (or other) estimate.

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
That's Jeep for you. The model is determined by the 7th digit in the VIN, so for example:

1C6JJTBxxxxxxxxxx

If your VIN looked like the above, you'd know you had a Rubicon because the 7th digit is a B. In the case of sport (and Willys) the 7th digit is 'A'. Technically Jeep doesn't consider these different models. The only models they recognize (from a VIN perspective) are:

• Mojave
  • Sport
  • Rubicon
  • Overland
However, this shouldn't affect your ability to get a good estimate for your vehicle prices, because the VIN also doesn't include many things about a vehicle that make it worth more (or less) than another similar vehicle. Such things like the cold weather package, etc., are not encoded into your VIN, but still are accounted for in a KBB (or other) estimate.
Correct but a willys sport and a willys on KBB are $7k different. When you put the VIN in it comes up as a willys sport, the lower value one

Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Correct but a willys sport and a willys on KBB are $7k different. When you put the VIN in it comes up as a willys sport, the lower value one
Out of curisotiy, what is the 7th digit of your VIN?

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist

1C6JJTBxxxxxxxxxx

• Mojave
  • Sport
  • Rubicon
  • Overland
I have gotten a few quotes and the come in at about 40k and when I do it on the KBB it comes in at 47k. So I guess the reason I felt like this might be tough is because they will have to take my word that it's not a willys sport, even though I have every option except for proximity locks and adaptive cruise. Looking at it from thier view to I trust this person enough to give them 7k more than what the website shows? I dunno, I haven't talked to the people that made the offers yet, just by email

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Thanks!

I have gotten a few quotes and the come in at about 40k and when I do it on the KBB it comes in at 47k. So I guess the reason I felt like this might be tough is because they will have to take my word that it's not a willys sport, even though I have every option except for proximity locks and adaptive cruise. Looking at it from thier view to I trust this person enough to give them 7k more than what the website shows? I dunno, I haven't talked to the people that made the offers yet, just by email
Yeah, Given your VIN I have no idea how they came to the conclusion they did. If you'd used my VIN tool (http://do.fetch.vin) I would have labeled it as a "Sport", but for KBB to list what they do... 🤷‍♂️

On the topic of a seller, they don't have to take your word for it. Show them your window sticker right from Jeep!

Use: https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=XXXXXX

Where XXXXXX is your VIN.
Sponsored