First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator Willy's edition
Occupation
Correctional officer
Can the Willy's edition with non max tow, regular Dana 44 handle a 35inch tire offroading.?
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
yes

OP
OP
Rburgandy 2021
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Correctional officer
My understanding is that the jeep JL Rubicon axles and the gladiator non-
max tow axles are the same minus lockers.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My understanding is that the jeep JL Rubicon axles and the gladiator non-
max tow axles are the same minus lockers.
Actually it is the Max Tow and Rubicon axles that share the same housing width but there is also more differences than just the lockers between the two. The Max Two and Rubicon axle shafts have a different spline setup.

I know the Willy's has been marketed as a "Rubicon Lite" to some extent but they cut costs in some places vs. the Rubicon to make the price point. Still plenty capable regardless.

OP
OP
Rburgandy 2021
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Correctional officer
I know the gladiator Rubicon and max tow share same axles. I was referring to the wrangler JL Rubicon. I read somewhere the axles were the same as the regular gladiator 44s with 32 spline. I have arb lockers and 4.56 gears ordered was main reason for not going Rubicon,
I'm just concerned on what size tire the Willy's axles can handle if offroading

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I know the gladiator Rubicon and max tow share same axles. I was referring to the wrangler JL Rubicon. I read somewhere the axles were the same as the regular gladiator 44s. I have arb lockers and 4.56 gears ordered. I'm just concerned on what size tire the Willy's axles can handle if offroading
37's are pretty safe on a Gladiator if you are smart with the skinny pedal. I have a few guys I wheel with on 38s and 40s on Rubicons and no issues yet. JL/JT's don't have the same axle tube weakness the JKs did.

OP
OP
Rburgandy 2021
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Correctional officer
37's are pretty safe on a Gladiator if you are smart with the skinny pedal. I have a few guys I wheel with on 38s and 40s on Rubicons and no issues yet. JL/JT's don't have the same axle tube weakness the JKs did.
That's good to hear. I didn't know about the sport s with max tow package when I got my Willy's. Just making sure I didn't screw up in the long run. The 1.5 width difference on the max tow doesn't bother me since my aftermarket wheels backspace with make up for that. Strength is my main concern.
Sponsored