Willys, manual with heated seats?

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Hey guys, Jeep's build system won't let you add heated seats to a Willys with the manual transmission but I noticed a Willys at a dealership had a manual transmission AND heated seats? Does anybody know the reality of this?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hey guys, Jeep's build system won't let you add heated seats to a Willys with the manual transmission but I noticed a Willys at a dealership had a manual transmission AND heated seats? Does anybody know the reality of this?
Call the dealership.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I have a willys with heated seats and steering wheel. Its also a manual transmission. I purchased it 3 months ago. Its probably a glitch on the website if you cant order it like that, it might have to do with the package that includes the heated seats. I believe the remote start is included in that package but obviously that wont be installed in a manual transmission. I wish the max tow option was a glitch lol. Make sure you really want a manually before you get one. You will be living in 3rd gear when driving, especially if you live in an area with lots of hills.

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a willys with heated seats and steering wheel. Its also a manual transmission. I purchased it 3 months ago. Its probably a glitch on the website if you cant order it like that, it might have to do with the package that includes the heated seats. I believe the remote start is included in that package but obviously that wont be installed in a manual transmission. I wish the max tow option was a glitch lol. Make sure you really want a manually before you get one. You will be living in 3rd gear when driving, especially if you live in an area with lots of hills.
Sweet! Thank you! I have read a lot about how underpowered the manual feels with the taller gears. It's unfortunate. I was hoping to re-gear for 35's after I wear out the 32's. I grew up with manual and now they are disappearing so I am being a little stubborn about it.

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Sweet! Thank you! I have read a lot about how underpowered the manual feels with the taller gears. It's unfortunate. I was hoping to re-gear for 35's after I wear out the 32's. I grew up with manual and now they are disappearing so I am being a little stubborn about it.
Its not that it feels underpowered with the stock tires but if you want to go to 35s or larger you probably will never shift out of 4th gear. Then again, i saw on youtube some guy put 37s on a manual and went offroading with no complaints lol. Im sure hell have issues eventually if he doesnt regear. He trashes a lot of cars on his channel so im sure he doesnt care.

So i went with a manual because i plan on never selling this truck. I know the penstar is reliable enough with reg maintenance but ive always been iffy about auto transmissions. I guess its from working at a used car lot lmfao.

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its not that it feels underpowered with the stock tires but if you want to go to 35s or larger you probably will never shift out of 4th gear. Then again, i saw on youtube some guy put 37s on a manual and went offroading with no complaints lol. Im sure hell have issues eventually if he doesnt regear. He trashes a lot of cars on his channel so im sure he doesnt care.

So i went with a manual because i plan on never selling this truck. I know the penstar is reliable enough with reg maintenance but ive always been iffy about auto transmissions. I guess its from working at a used car lot lmfao.
I would like it to feel atleast somewhat peppy, so thats why I was planning to re-gear, but I know this isnt a sports car. I also know how you feel! I work for Subaru and the price of a new CVT would make your eyes pop outta your head. The new tech is very efficient and drives incredibly smoothly, but it is un-affordable to fix.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Sport S, not a Willys, but I have cloth heated manual seats, heated steering wheel, and a manual transmission. It probably wont let you add the package online because the cold weather package typically comes with the remote start option, which you will not be able to have if you get the MT. I was willing to forgo the remote start in favor of the MT.

I don't have any regrets going with the MT, it's pretty dang cool to be able to buy a 2020 convertible truck with a 6 speed MT. I wish the max tow package was a possibility but obviously that wasnt a deal breaker for me. If you love rowing gears then save the manuals.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
What color?
Congrats!

Sponsored

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swap out the factory headlights they suck really bad. Oracle bi pods are the ones i went with.
Jeep Gladiator Willys, manual with heated seats? 20210123_165138
Your rig looks great!! Sting ray is a great color for the black accents in the Willys!

I absolutely plan on it! I just didn't want to finance it.
Sponsored