First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
If you got the one with two fuse holders, that it like mine. The other type has one fuse and a wire for the extra circuit.
Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
Ended up going down to advance and picked up one of the add a circuit fuses for the switch. I'm going to wire it up today. It has 2 fuse spots for the old circuit and the new. Not sure what you meant by it can go 2 directions
Installing it the correct way, you keep the existing circuit separate from the new circuit. Installing it backward, the original circuit fuse is protecting both circuits. Just verify each circuit can work independently and it is installed the right way.

billfraley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I know exactly what it is and how it works - already "got the point" as to what it was and how it worked (electric is my thing) - I was just wondering why such a complex device when all you need to do is break the hot cable to the winch up front.

So you'll only use two of the posts - one from battery to that device, another post for from that device to the winch. 0 need to break ground. Besides, some winches ground through the winch body so you technically can't break the ground.

That's basically just an electric switch that reverses polarity coming out to reverse the winch motor if it was installed for winch control.
So it can still be a simple "on/off" switch, but when "off" in your case, the other terminal will be hot.
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. There are similar solenoids that only have a single polarity. When using this in a single polarity configuration, only the input positive connection will be hot, until whatever connected switch is placed in the on position. When switched to on, the positive input will short to one of two posts, depending on whether it is the "in" or "out" switch post that is activated. When the switch is off, no post other then the input from the battery will be hot.

Because I plan to isolate the battery completely(positive and negative) two of the posts will never see positive at all. This is accomplished by simply using only one switch post on the solenoid. This doesn't work as a toggle. You have to activate "in" or "out" using separate switch posts on the solenoid. If nether is active, the battery is isolated from the output of the solenoid.

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Installing it the correct way, you keep the existing circuit separate from the new circuit. Installing it backward, the original circuit fuse is protecting both circuits. Just verify each circuit can work independently and it is installed the right way.
So apparently I bought the wrong size fuse holder thing lol. I didn't know the Jeep had smaller fuses than the standard square ones. Can you post a link to the one you have? I just hooked the switch to the battery for right now as it has an inline fuse going to the switch already. I'll take it back off later after I stretch the line out.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
So apparently I bought the wrong size fuse holder thing lol. I didn't know the Jeep had smaller fuses than the standard square ones. Can you post a link to the one you have? I just hooked the switch to the battery for right now as it has an inline fuse going to the switch already. I'll take it back off later after I stretch the line out.
My fuse tap came with my S-Tech kit. I think you are looking for the micro 2 tap,
not the mini. Amazon link with 3 sizes...
Nilight 12 Pack 12V Car Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Standard Mini Micro2 and Low Profile Fuse Taps 4 Types ATO ATC ATM APM Fuse Holder for Cars Trucks Boats https://a.co/d/6eYV4Hv

Advanced or any of the other box stores should have it.

FHM20200ZPA at Advanced Auto

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
My fuse tap came with my S-Tech kit. I think you are looking for the micro 2 tap,
not the mini. Amazon link with 3 sizes...
Nilight 12 Pack 12V Car Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Standard Mini Micro2 and Low Profile Fuse Taps 4 Types ATO ATC ATM APM Fuse Holder for Cars Trucks Boats https://a.co/d/6eYV4Hv

Advanced or any of the other box stores should have it.

FHM20200ZPA at Advanced Auto
Awesome thanks. Clearly I haven't had a new vehicle in a while lol

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
When you say standard, you must understand that we had glass fuses as a standard then smaller glass fuses, then ATC, mini and micro. European standard had ceramic inserts before the glass type. I know there is an old guy watching who can give more details than I.

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
When you say standard, you must understand that we had glass fuses as a standard then smaller glass fuses, then ATC, mini and micro. European standard had ceramic inserts before the glass type. I know there is an old guy watching who can give more details than I.
Lol yes I know but as far as I remember there were mini. I didn't know micro 2 was actually a thing until today. I've looked in that box plenty of times and never even noticed they were smaller.

Where are you mounting the switch, just curious ?
I did a temporary solution. I slid it under a screw on the airbox for now until I get some mounting brackets. I didn't even think of it at the time.