CenterAK winch cutoff switch mounting bracket

chaosjake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR (Dolly/Ahab), 2017 WRX (Hilda)
Jeep Gladiator CenterAK winch cutoff switch mounting bracket PXL_20231118_213821796.NIGHT

The last step after I finally mounted up my Badlands winch last weekend was figuring out what to do with the cutoff switch. This little bracket from CenterAK is designed to fit the most logical spot for the switch. It reuses a factory bolt and includes the other one. Perfect fit, arrived by priority mail about two days after I ordered, $29, and made in the USA. Seems like a great product.

Jeep Gladiator CenterAK winch cutoff switch mounting bracket PXL_20231118_213831964
Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I got to admit, it looks like it belongs there. I just have a problem paying $30 for a small piece of sheet metal. Just me and my cheapness coming thru.

My solenoid bracket might have cost all of $2 when you figure in paint and the rivets.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I got to admit, it looks like it belongs there. I just have a problem paying $30 for a small piece of sheet metal. Just me and my cheapness coming thru.

My solenoid bracket might have cost all of $2 when you figure in paint and the rivets.
I know what you mean.
Counter argument is when I fabricated mine, I probably spent close to that in sheet metal, paint, bolts. Not to mention my time, which would’ve billed out to way more than $30.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I know what you mean.
Counter argument is when I fabricated mine, I probably spent close to that in sheet metal, paint, bolts. Not to mention my time, which would’ve billed out to way more than $30.
I hear you.
Fortunately for me, the metal came out of my scrap bin, the paint I had, the rivets I had from another project as well as the bolt and the rivnut. I probably spent 10 minutes in total drilling, cutting and making the edges smooth. painting was between other projects. My time on a weekend doesn't count when it's Jeep related. 🤣

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Nice clean installation. I would have gone with this $30 mount if it had been available when I fabricated the mount I used.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Order one early yesterday and had tracking info by the end of the day.
Sponsored