Sponsored

With Most Of The JL Info Leaked How Are You Feeling About The JT?

With Most Of The JL Info Leaked How Are You Feeling About The JT?

• Positive

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • Neutral

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Negative

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Like the title says, how are you feeling about the how the JT will be now with the owner manual leaked for the JL?

For me I'm a bit disappointed with the JL, but still interested. Its not meeting all my hopes but most of the stuff I have been let down on is relatively small (hard top not having removable panels and the same old JK front seats). I think the deciding factor for me will be how much better the road manners get.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I'm pretty excited! Not sure I have enough patience to wait for JT or 3.0L...

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty excited! Not sure I have enough patience to wait for JT or 3.0L...
I'm a 100% waiting on the JT as really want a truck, plus unlike the JL the JT will be completely new so it was have way more "cool" factor to it. :P

spdster m38

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys M38
I have been waiting since 2016 for the Jeep truck, I have been needing a new truck since 2015, now we are being told 2019. Much like a politician promise an owner's manual isn't set in stone it can be changed and denied since it was a leaked document it's not official yet. It will be another song and dance show at SEMA or next Auto Show to keep the Jeep enthusiasts interest built up. Will FCA hit or miss on the design or promises? They've been missing on the promises so they better have a great design. Now the next question is does one wait to see if there are any design/bugs faults in the first year of production (common theory wait til the second year of production to buy a problem free car) another poser is are the dealers going to put a premium on the first year due to the demand (remember the GMC SSR truck dealers put a nice premium on it thus low sales) is FCA willing to stop this practice? Will they have enough diesel motors to match demand? Even AMC didn't take this long putting a car into production. Do I want one - yes but my patience is wearing thin.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
ill wait & see what theyre like when they finally get here if im less than impressed then ive still got the cj10 wont be selling that anytime soon

Sponsored

kevinspocket

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinspocket.com
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler Sport, 2016 Jeep Patriot Sport SE
Vehicle Showcase
I think the JL is cool, and pretty much exactly what I was expecting ( an updared JK, just as the TJ was an updated YJ).

The JT truck is what I've been waiting for for a while, and so far I'm still excited for it to get here, even if I have to wait another year for it.

VA6489

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, 56 F100 4x4,
Ever since AEV built the 4 door Brute I have wanted one. However, ( pause for effect) I did not want to sell my house for one and it wasn't big enough to live in. So I am welcoming the new JT and hoping like hell there is a Rubicon like trim level with a diesel. It would be a bonus if there was a manual trans, but I am thinking not based on current industry thinking.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Now after see the options sheets on the JL I'm leaning hard on whatever the Rubicon version of the JT will be called. For a while was thinking a less optioned version, but sold on the highline fenders and a lot of the based equipment.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now after see the options sheets on the JL I'm leaning hard on whatever the Rubicon version of the JT will be called. For a while was thinking a less optioned version, but sold on the highline fenders and a lot of the based equipment.
Ditto

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Back in high school I always wanted a Gladiator, but we had a hard time finding one in good condition for a fair price. I settled on a CJ-7 that was a little battle worn, but not bad for a first car. I beat the crap out of it as I suppose every 16 year old does with his Jeep. Hell, my buddy had a brand new 92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade and he beat the crap out of it too. Anyway fast forward to 2005 and I hear that Jeep is putting out an extended wheel based Wrangler called the Unlimited while I'm over in Iraq. I'm like this is as close to a brand new Gladiator as I'll ever get so I picked up one as soon as I got back in July 2005. Now I know the Unlimited is a far cry from a Gladiator, but at the time I loved the extra room. In short time I grew out of my Unlimited as I increasingly found that I was treating the rear cargo area (with the seat out) as a pickup bed and destroying the interior. Too many tailgates, camping and hunting trips. I was constantly saying how nice it would be to have a Jeep with a true pickup bed. Then I see the AEV stuff, but I don't have 100k lying around. Then we hear the rumors for a few years and now its going to happen.

In short... take my money... and whatever is left the aftermarket can have.

I'll probably opt for a Rubicon, but pass on the diesel as its going to be an option for me that I cannot justify spending the money on. Its hard enough justifying buying a new Jeep when I have a company car that covers gas and insurance with a very liberal personal use policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

ZMB KLR

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32
Do you think we will even have a "rubicon" option? I thought it was base/premium?

I guess there wouldn't be much room/interest for a Sahara type trim pickup.

I have a feeling this isn't going to be just a JLU with a bed. What I mean is they might not be marketing this to the rock crawler crowd, but more of the utilitarian. Base being a bare bones medium utility pickup, premium being an upgrade across the board.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Do you think we will even have a "rubicon" option? I thought it was base/premium?

I have a feeling this isn't going to be just a JLU with a bed. What I mean is they might not be marketing this to the rock crawler crowd, but more of the utilitarian. Base being a bare bones medium utility pickup, premium being an upgrade across the board.
Hmmmm, hadn't thought about that. I would really like a JT Rubicon Diesel. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Im sure the Premium option will be Rubicon like. It just might be names something specific for the JT and not copy over from the JL. The reason I'm almost positive about it is if you look at the Colorado it has the ZR2 Trim and if you look at the Tacoma it has the TRD Pro trim. Jeep is going to want something to be competitive with that.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No JT Rubicon would be a UUUUGE mistake.

Cd304yYUIAAeXOo.jpg
Sponsored