Sponsored

Worth upgrading the lower front control arms with core 4x4 adjustables?

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 30519

I was wondering if it's worth upgrading the lower front control arms with core 4x4 adjustables and waiting to do the rest later. I've been running a 3.5" coil lift right now with a rubicon express rear adjustable track bar and front adjustable track bar.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Few things will improve your drivability more than getting caster up above 6°

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Yes! Get them. Adjust them 1/4" longer than the stock arms at a minimum, maybe more.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Thanks guys. What should be next in line when I decide to upgrade again ? The rear lowers or should I do front uppers? I spent a ton already on my JT so I'm trying to take it easy now and not go overboard.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I looked at the core lower control arms. I ended up buying teraflex Alpine. I like that they had the OEM bushings. I would buy them again.
A little bit of Castor goes a long way.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks guys. What should be next in line when I decide to upgrade again ? The rear lowers or should I do front uppers? I spent a ton already on my JT so I'm trying to take it easy now and not go overboard.
Are your remaining stock control arms limiting your suspension travel? I’m just wondering what you are trying to achieve. The internet might try to convince you that you need a full set of control arms, but most people really don’t.

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I was wondering if it's worth upgrading the lower front control arms with core 4x4 adjustables and waiting to do the rest later. I've been running a 3.5" coil lift right now with a rubicon express rear adjustable track bar and front adjustable track bar.
today I added the AEV geo barckets. I already had 3.5" lift with aca and adjustable track bar. truck road like shit till today, installing the geo brackets is a must for any of you fools that care about having a good ride.. I pushed my lca out to 24.5" center to center with stock uca's.. Truck drives 1000x better and I have not had a alignment at all.
doing this upgrade has me thinking that most of ya'lls steering issues are geo related.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Are your remaining stock control arms limiting your suspension travel? I’m just wondering what you are trying to achieve. The internet might try to convince you that you need a full set of control arms, but most people really don’t.
Is argue even stock Rubicon/Mojave trucks do, honestly. The difference between 5°-5.5° caster and 6°-6.5° is a huge improvement to driving manners. Especially at speed.

Maybe not a full set of adjustables; but knowing what i know now, id have gotten Mopr control arms for my Mojave installed while i was signing paperwork.

$.02

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Is argue even stock Rubicon/Mojave trucks do, honestly. The difference between 5°-5.5° caster and 6°-6.5° is a huge improvement to driving manners. Especially at speed.

Maybe not a full set of adjustables; but knowing what i know now, id have gotten Mopr control arms for my Mojave installed while i was signing paperwork.

$.02
Yeah, I’m not suggesting that lower arms aren’t needed. The Mopar arms are great option for dialing in some more caster, at only $60. I was suggesting that the rest may not be necessary. The internet has convinced people that they need WAY more than what is entirely necessary in many cases.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I just ordered the core 4x4 t4 front lowers. Thanks for the help guys. I figured charcoal would be the closest thing to my billet silver and silver shocks and coils.

Jeep Gladiator Worth upgrading the lower front control arms with core 4x4 adjustables? Screenshot_20210221-200142~01
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: