Sponsored

Would you pay 1% below invoice now?

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I just got a quote from a dealership on a Sport S with max tow factory order, they quoted 1% below invoice. If offered this deal right now would you take it or wait until the rush is over in hopes of a better deal?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
No, that's a terrible deal. I would wait. I would not accept any price above 6% below invoice. There's just no reason to -- that will be the going rate once it dies down, which won't take very long. Maybe another two to three months at most. Seems like a no brainer to save another $2k.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
If you can wait don't buy now. I'm waiting for November or December.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, I paid way below that on my LE. Research how using the forum.

KirkG

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 2017 F-150, 2019 JLUR
Nope you can do much better than that

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Seriously, if one MUST and NEEDS this truck NOW, then I can see how spending an extra $3k-5k is worth not waiting. However, beginning of next year... or maybe even at the end of this year, everyone will be able to buy/order the Gladiator 5% below invoice.

OP
OP

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, I paid way below that on my LE. Research how using the forum.
I have researched a lot of threads here and it seems like a lot of dealerships that were offering better deals have backed off. This dealer is about 4 hours from me and is in the same state, the other dealers I've been reading about are way further than that I'm not sure the few percent is worth the trip. I'm going to take this deal to a local dealer and see if he will better it.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Seriously, if one MUST and NEEDS this truck NOW, then I can see how spending an extra $3k-5k is worth not waiting. However, beginning of next year... or maybe even at the end of this year, everyone will be able to buy/order the Gladiator 5% below invoice.
Where are you getting 3-5K difference?

The difference between 1% and 5% below invoice is less than $3000 on a fully loaded Rubicon. On other models or less than fully loaded it would be even less.

Last edited:

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Here's the thing. If the truck is ready, on the lot, and it's exactly what you want, and you need it within 30 days, then yes, I think that's an okay deal. But if any of those things is not true then I would order, get what you want and get 5%+ off invoice instead. You're going to be driving your truck for x years. I think waiting 30-60 days is worth getting exactly what you want, cost savings notwithstanding.

OP
OP

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the thing. If the truck is ready, on the lot, and it's exactly what you want, and you need it within 30 days, then yes, I think that's an okay deal. But if any of those things is not true then I would order, get what you want and get 5%+ off invoice instead. You're going to be driving your truck for x years. I think waiting 30-60 days is worth getting exactly what you want, cost savings notwithstanding.
None of the above are true, the only dealers that seem to be offering 5% below invoice are hours away. The Gladiator I spec'd was about 47K so the 4% difference is 1880.00, travel will take a few hundred off that, I'm also trading a vehicle so it will be a crap shoot on my trade value, I could go all that way and get low balled on my trade. The dealer I got the quote from has gone 5% below invoice according to other members here, I asked if they would do 5%, we will see. I'm also going to give my local dealer a chance to better the 1%.

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
None of the above are true, the only dealers that seem to be offering 5% below invoice are hours away. The Gladiator I spec'd was about 47K so the 4% difference is 1880.00, travel will take a few hundred off that, I'm also trading a vehicle so it will be a crap shoot on my trade value, I could go all that way and get low balled on my trade. The dealer I got the quote from has gone 5% below invoice according to other members here, I asked if they would do 5%, we will see. I'm also going to give my local dealer a chance to better the 1%.
Oh, yeah, the trade-in definitely complicates things. What are you trading in? Keep in mind, you can have the vehicle shipped to you. I live in SoCal and I've ordered from NC. My hope is that the shipping is less than $1000, but given that SoCal dealers want MSRP or above it was a no-brainer for me. If I had found a local dealer that would do 2-3% below invoice I would have probably done it locally but Travis gave me 7% below invoice (ordered on April 29). That's a $10k difference I can spend on lift and tires and some more goodies.

JeepGuyTexas

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Firecracker Red Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Recruiting Manager
Oh, yeah, the trade-in definitely complicates things. What are you trading in? Keep in mind, you can have the vehicle shipped to you. I live in SoCal and I've ordered from NC. My hope is that the shipping is less than $1000, but given that SoCal dealers want MSRP or above it was a no-brainer for me. If I had found a local dealer that would do 2-3% below invoice I would have probably done it locally but Travis gave me 7% below invoice (ordered on April 29). That's a $10k difference I can spend on lift and tires and some more goodies.
How are you getting $10k with 6% off MSRP? 10% off MSRP at $62k is only $6.2k.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahahaha. Good luck with that shit. :like:
Actually, I hope he sells it at that price cause I'd already have like $25k in equity. Heck maybe I'll sell mine for a profit :)
Sponsored

Reactions: Gtb