First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
I actually asked that same question yesterday.

I'm wanting the smallest possible gap with the RTT extending slightly over the cab. Was hoping with the brackets sitting on top of the revolver rails that it would give it that extra clearance. They said I could get by with the 22", but that I'd be safer at 23" with the amount of cab flex that's possible.
Yeah I was going to go with theirs but ended up going with an OVS for the adjustability and construction simplicity. And resale later for the fact it'll fit any other truck if I get a cap down the road.
Sponsored

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Are both the racks in posts above the 48 inch long rack? Any reasons to go 48" vs the 56" I'm leaning towards the 56 inch. I'm looking to have it be similar to bed length and I figure I can always cut a few inches out of the 56 but can't stretch the 48....

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Are both the racks in posts above the 48 inch long rack? Any reasons to go 48" vs the 56" I'm leaning towards the 56 inch. I'm looking to have it be similar to bed length and I figure I can always cut a few inches out of the 56 but can't stretch the 48....
My rack is the 56" rack, it mounts to my tonneau cover rails instead of the mounting point in the bed. If you use the mounting points in the bed you have to use the 48" rack.

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Did you ever figure out your latches? I saw your post on the fb group but figured I’d ask here. I just ordered the new xtr3 one this weekend and got the raise up panels as well. But no latches. I have an idea of what I want to use but wanted to see if you had anything else I could brain storm off of

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Did you ever figure out your latches? I saw your post on the fb group but figured I’d ask here. I just ordered the new xtr3 one this weekend and got the raise up panels as well. But no latches. I have an idea of what I want to use but wanted to see if you had anything else I could brain storm off of
I talked with Jon and he mentioned they have some latches in the works, so I might just buy whatever they end up coming out with.

Sponsored

kbknoll

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude 2022
Been working on this rack for a while with the guys at Xtrusion-Overland, I'm running it with the mounting brackets for the Revolver X4s tslot rails. They do custom sizes, and it is a completely modular system. I am currently finishing up lifting side panels, need the ball studs for the gas struts, and the latches.
20220207_111300.jpg
20220207_111311.jpg
20220206_095325.jpg
received_294711219280691.jpeg
@Fcmalie what height of Xtrusion rack is that? I'm trying to decide what height to order and I like yours and might even go an inch shorter.

kbknoll

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is 21". It's about 1" shorter than the soft top.
Awesome, thanks. I'm thinking 19" for mine then. I'm wanting the bottom edge of the top rail to line up with the top edge of the back window... basically as low as possible without obstructing rear view.

kbknoll

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Newlife you have any pics of your XTR3? I was looking at the XTR1 but haven't seen what an XTR3 looks like on a Gladiator.

DustyGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Mojave, 22' Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Network systems engineer
@Fcmalie

I have the BAK revolver X4S (same tonneau cover as you) and This is exactly what i've been looking for. I am currently running the RCI rack as when I purchased it, i dont believe there were any opther options that would have allowed me to have a rack and a tonneau cover at the same time. In any case, I am torn on whether I want to go the route that you went ant use the t-slot rail on the tonneau cover, or if I would be better served to have a bracket mounted under the tonneau cover. Are you at all worried about the weight rating of your current setup? I have a rather large and heavy roof top tent that I'll be running on top. The last thing I want is to have my tent, rack, and tonneau wind up in the middle of the trail, or worse yet on the middle of the highway.

I have attached pictures of my current setup as well as a mashup pic of my setup and what the rail looks like on another gladiator.

Jeep Gladiator Xtrusion-overland XTR-1 20221119_123531

Jeep Gladiator Xtrusion-overland XTR-1 20230728_160257

Jeep Gladiator Xtrusion-overland XTR-1 20230728_160602

Jeep Gladiator Xtrusion-overland XTR-1 20230729_152116-COLLAGE

My rack is on the left and a pic I found in instagram is on the right. It looks like that mount would work with the revolver X4S? What say you? What's the best option?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
@Fcmalie

I have the BAK revolver X4S (same tonneau cover as you) and This is exactly what i've been looking for. I am currently running the RCI rack as when I purchased it, i dont believe there were any opther options that would have allowed me to have a rack and a tonneau cover at the same time. In any case, I am torn on whether I want to go the route that you went ant use the t-slot rail on the tonneau cover, or if I would be better served to have a bracket mounted under the tonneau cover. Are you at all worried about the weight rating of your current setup? I have a rather large and heavy roof top tent that I'll be running on top. The last thing I want is to have my tent, rack, and tonneau wind up in the middle of the trail, or worse yet on the middle of the highway.

I have attached pictures of my current setup as well as a mashup pic of my setup and what the rail looks like on another gladiator.

My rack is on the left and a pic I found in instagram is on the right. It looks like that mount would work with the revolver X4S? What say you? What's the best option?
I love the Xtrusion-Overland rack combined with the X4S. I'm still running it mounted to the X4S rails and have had no issues with movement even after adding a 200lbs+ tent to the top.

20230115_150037.jpg

DustyGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network systems engineer
I love the Xtrusion-Overland rack combined with the X4S. I'm still running it mounted to the X4S rails and have had no issues with movement even after adding a 200lbs+ tent to the top.

Jeep Gladiator Xtrusion-overland XTR-1 20230115_150037
What is the length of your rack? I was looking on youtube and the videos that I saw all seem to have a shorter rack. You have 5 of the molle panels and theyoutubers that I have seen have only been able to get 4. Do you have a longer rack or is it the difference between the XTR1 and the XTR3?

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
What is the length of your rack? I was looking on youtube and the videos that I saw all seem to have a shorter rack. You have 5 of the molle panels and theyoutubers that I have seen have only been able to get 4. Do you have a longer rack or is it the difference between the XTR1 and the XTR3?
I'm able to run a longer rack because it's mounted to the rails and not the mounting points in the bed

DustyGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network systems engineer
I'm able to run a longer rack because it's mounted to the rails and not the mounting points in the bed
ok. Just read through some of the earlier posts. It looks like I have to choose what route I want to go before I order. 48" rack if Im using the brackets to mount under the tonneau cover or 56" if I use the t-slot in my bak revolver x4s.
Sponsored