Sponsored

Yokohama GEOLANDAR X-MT - Any one have them?

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
I have been trying like mad to get 37s on my JTR and nobody has them. I almost had Mickey Thompsons in my sausage fingers, but they got bought right out from under me just as I was closing the deal. Apparently everyone from Nitto to BFG to any of the other decent usual suspects are on national back order for 37 MTs. All but Yokohama.

Apparently there are some Yokohama GEOLANDAR X-MTs available out there. They look pretty nice, but I get a little concerned when they are the only tires available and everyone else is out. I'm not sure if its a manufacturer location thing or if its because they have issues. However, there seems to be a lack of reviews on these and I don't want to pay up some big money for something that may not last or that I end up regretting.

Does anyone have the Yokohama GEOLANDAR X-MT tires and if so, whats your thoughts?
Sponsored

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
I recently was in the same boat and ended up with x-at's which so far I've been impressed with
very solid tire, The only real unknown I feel is how long they'll last but 45.000 isn't bad
no telling when all the other tires become available again either could be a month or 6

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I was able to get the 37" Goodyear Kevlar MTRs in Jan. from Discount/America's tire from their representatives on this forum. So, far I love the tires - super light, and great grip ! They are made in the USA, so, you might still be able to get them.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have XMTs.

Pros
They’re great off-road and didn’t need balanced.

Cons
Wet traction is going to not be as good as a tire with ample siping and they are loud.

OP
OP

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
All great to know... thanks for the feedback.

Luckily Don from @Discount Tire was able to get the shop to find me 5 Nitto Trail Grapplers... so right now, I may be good to go. Thank you Don!

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I have the X-ATs. Have been extremely happy with them so far, roughly 10k miles on them and they look brand new. Have heard good things about the X-MTs as well.
Sponsored