First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Glazier
Now that is been awhile for most people in this thread, what do you think of the tires now? Getting ready to order but nervous about wet traction. Found a couple reviews that didn't sound that positive. My wife will be driving the kids to school and don't want her to have a reason to not like the Jeep lol
Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Now that is been awhile for most people in this thread, what do you think of the tires now? Getting ready to order but nervous about wet traction. Found a couple reviews that didn't sound that positive. My wife will be driving the kids to school and don't want her to have a reason to not like the Jeep lol
It rains at least once a week here during the spring and summer and i haven't noticed any issues with traction in any way. The tires feel good on asphalt and smooth concrete as well.

Silverslayer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Glazier
It rains at least once a week here during the spring and summer and i haven't noticed any issues with traction in any way. The tires feel good on asphalt and smooth concrete as well.
Thank you. It seems every time I look at has at least some complain about wet traction. Think it probably comes down to inflation, vehicle loading etc. It probably also doesn't help that most of these reviews come from hd trucks with at least 800lb ft of torque.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Thank you. It seems every time I look at has at least some complain about wet traction. Think it probably comes down to inflation, vehicle loading etc. It probably also doesn't help that most of these reviews come from hd trucks with at least 800lb ft of torque.
You also have to remember that people are more likely to leave a review if they have a negative experience.

Silverslayer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Glazier
Got some 285/70/17 mounted up today. I like that they are taller than the rest. Specs say 33.1". Can hear them but not load at all just obvious compared to the highway tires.
Jeep Gladiator Yokohama Geolandar X-AT 20201112_161421
Jeep Gladiator Yokohama Geolandar X-AT 20201112_161250

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Had Mastercraft Courser MXTs on 18"s. Performed great for me on and off road for 52,000 miles. Went down to 17"s with the same Yokohamas. Like riding on Glass.

Hworkcvo

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, jeep jk, jeep gc
Occupation
Highway
I have these yoko tires on my wife's 2010 jk four door in 33". They have been pretty awesome and are wearing well for the 10k miles that we've had them.

jbrx87

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
They are great tires, I am not sure what people's complaint about wet traction is....all trucks suck in the rain and you can make any tire spin with how heavy you want your foot to be.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
So looks like I'll be driving into a snowstorm on Wednesday, I'll be sure to report back what kind of snow performance we have.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I've never ran Yoko ATs but did run the Yokahoma Geolander M/Ts on my JKU, 35 12.5 17, and as far as performance it's probably one of the best tires I've ever ran. Two reasons they aren't on my JT and why I switched to BFGs, 1. was road noise, I have never talked to anyone running a Yoko brand tire that didn't complain about them being loud and mine were no exception. That is not a deal breaker for me but it was a consideration. 2. Only got about 22,000 miles out of them before they were totally trashed and I mean they were darn near bald when I finally bit the bullet and installed new tires. If I had a dedicated trail rig it would be the tire on it though.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
So looks like I'll be driving into a snowstorm on Wednesday, I'll be sure to report back what kind of snow performance we have.
Forgot to respond at the time, but the tires were rock solid in the snow storm.
Even a little frustrating that it was so difficult to manage to throw the rear end out while messing about in a parking lot in about 4 inches of snow.
Sponsored