Sponsored

How do you protect your JT when topless?

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
That's not an "oh *$%^!" handle - it is a poorly constructed riveted handle for carrying the thing if you remove the four bolts and take the box out of the Jeep. If you put any lateral stress on it the damn thing will tear right off the box. You can guess how I found out...
Ouch... hard way to learn that.
Sponsored

Shawnd23

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I never have my doors on, but like to keep the soft top on. The Mopar cover is just a little too small to cover everything with the soft top is on. Is there a better cover that works for anone that leaves the soft top on?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Water does get in. It’s not waterproof, but for a daily when it’s a light rain, it keeps you dry on the ride home. Wish it was a little longer in the back. If it’s a downpour, you’re going to get a little wet.

if it’s a weeks worth of rain, the hard top is coming out.
I just took advantage of a Quadratec sale. Should be here tomorrow or Friday. Between this and maybe some rain gear, hopefully I can keep my top off for a while

Dimmick15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Rubicon
I just took advantage of a Quadratec sale. Should be here tomorrow or Friday. Between this and maybe some rain gear, hopefully I can keep my top off for a while
I hope it works out for you. Best part of the Savanah Top is you can quickly roll it towards the windshield and secure with the velcro straps and enjoy a total topless ride whenever you want or roll it back out for shade and rain protection.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
rain gear for me.
Works well even with soft top still on a doors off
Jeep Gladiator How do you protect your JT when topless? Cab cover
Jeep Gladiator How do you protect your JT when topless? Rain gear cab cover

Dimmick15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Rubicon
I just realized the one I bought is different. It's a Mastertop Bimini. Hopefully it does the job. It's already on the way.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastert...er-combo-integrated-grab-handles-gladiator-jt
Heard the Bimini is a pain to put on and you have some extra strap length flopping around the bars. If you’re looking for something quicker/cleaner to install/remove, the Savanah brief top:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...black-diamond-sailcloth-gladiator-jt-13594.36

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I never have my doors on, but like to keep the soft top on. The Mopar cover is just a little too small to cover everything with the soft top is on. Is there a better cover that works for anone that leaves the soft top on?
I have the Rain Gear cover and it covers everything nicely with the soft top on. It's kept the interior dry through several storms.

Last edited:

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for Rain Gear. It fits great in any configuration (soft or hard top, with or without windows, roof panels, etc.) I have both tops and in the summer, my soft top is in safari mode most of the time. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and I parkmit outside for 48 hours at a time. It's been through several severe thunderstorms (the kind of storms that cause flash flooding and uproot trees and cause heavy branches to break and block roads). The interior has been kept bone dry. The key to deploying it, for me anyway, is to store it rolled up so you unroll it from the middle of the back of the cab forward. I'm also short at 5'10" tall and it only takes me 3-5 minutes to put on or take off from inside the bed.

20210523_140919.jpg

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I got this on today. @Dimmick15 , you're right. Too many straps. I don't know how I feel about it yet. If I can find a way to hide them, I guess it's ok. It'll keep us mostly dry and will allow me to keep the hard top off for a while. The back window unzips, and the whole rear section is removable for a more traditional Bimini/safari top look.
Jeep Gladiator How do you protect your JT when topless? IMG20220730222815

Jeep Gladiator How do you protect your JT when topless? IMG20220730222819

Jeep Gladiator How do you protect your JT when topless? IMG20220730232403

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Okay guys, I'm seeing a lot of talk about covers and not enough mentions of ours! To help that I'm going to send a Bestop Gladiator Trail Cover to the next person who posts in this thread, tags me, and posts a picture of either their Sunrider-equipped or topless Gladiator.

LETS GO!!!

https://www.bestop.com/products/all-weather-trail-cover-jeep-2020-2022-gladiator-for-installed/

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
No fair, I'm at work and it's hot AF out... I WISH it would rain and I'd actually need one...