Fall run at Rausch Creek 10/22

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Looking to get a group together for Rausch Creek or AOAA some Saturday in October. Summer's winding down and I finally see some weekends opening up for me and want to get a day in at one of the parks. The foliage makes it very enjoyable. I'll mostly be sticking to greens but I'm sure we can get enough numbers for a couple of groups if some are looking for something more challenging.

Just making a few quick updates:
Date: 10/22 at Rausch Creek

Attendees:
@Jaxmax
@NachoRuby
@Elff
@AmishMike
@TheOpa
@Cbieh589
@Wilsonb80
@Arcticelf
@Dlish
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Joe, Pat and I would like to go without talking to her yet, 15th and 22nd look like best possible dates, Surf fishing the 8th and Halloween weekend might have something going on. I think Pat is doing a Florida trip to grandkids sometime but I can go solo!......Jack

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Joe, Pat and I would like to go without talking to her yet 10th and 15th look like best possible dates, Surf fishing the 8th and Halloween weekend might have something going on. I think Pat is doing a Florida trip to grandkids sometime but I can go solo!......Jack
Great! 10/15 would be a great date I think too. Puts us a solid month out

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Oops 15th and 22nd!, editing my reply!J ack

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just throwing this out there, wanna do Crawl Daddy or Crawler Ridge (whichever is more doable in a near stock JT)?
I'm done for whichever one. I finally replaced the side steps with some rock rails so they won't be hanging down anymore. I know @Rusty PW did both with his JTRD that i dont believe is lifted yet, but i think he said it required some winching.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I'm done for whichever one. I finally replaced the side steps with some rock rails so they won't be hanging down anymore. I know @Rusty PW did both with his JTRD that i dont believe is lifted yet, but i think he said it required some winching.
It's doable. But have a winch with you. Expect damage underneath if you don't have protection on the suspension points. If you don't have lockers, don't try.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI
10/15 is a fund raiser event Krawlin for K9's
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/krawling-for-k9s-2022-tickets-194137429277
If this is anything like Krawlin for Cops, it's gonna be very crowded.

I will be at RC on 10/22 with my Jeep Club. BMJA. They do a good job of dividing up green, blue/black and black/red groups. it would be a good day for everyone to go up and be guaranteed to have a guide that knows the park for each skill level. I am positive they would love to have a bunch of

Just throwing this out there, wanna do Crawl Daddy or Crawler Ridge (whichever is more doable in a near stock JT)?
Crawl Daddy is a Red. The left side of Crawler Ridge is narly, but the right side is doable.
that's the place where we took a break and walked around a bit.
Jeep Gladiator Fall run at Rausch Creek 10/22 1662769924447

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just an FYI
10/15 is a fund raiser event Krawlin for K9's
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/krawling-for-k9s-2022-tickets-194137429277
If this is anything like Krawlin for Cops, it's gonna be very crowded.

I will be at RC on 10/22 with my Jeep Club. BMJA. They do a good job of dividing up green, blue/black and black/red groups. it would be a good day for everyone to go up and be guaranteed to have a guide that knows the park for each skill level. I am positive they would love to have a bunch of

Crawl Daddy is a Red. The left side of Crawler Ridge is narly, but the right side is doable.
that's the place where we took a break and walked around a bit.
Jeep Gladiator Fall run at Rausch Creek 10/22 1662769924447
Nice, thanks for the tip, I might try to go the 22nd then. I remember when we stopped, that's where we saw the Ridgeline lol.

Also just an FYI for anyone first time at Rausch. You have to buy a yearly membership, but if you purchase between Oct and Dec, it's good for the following year

Sponsored

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Here is some useful information for first timers
Rausch Creek said:
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
All persons 16 and older, whether a driver or a passenger, must become members of the park. The membership costs $50 and is good through 12/31 of the year you join (those joining Oct-Dec will be good through 12/31 of the following year). Once you are a member, the daily entrance fee for the vehicle and its driver is $65. Passengers are $20 each (the $20 is waived the day a passenger pays for their membership). Children 15 and younger free. Included in your daily fees is primitive camping (reservation required). All children 17 and younger require their parent to sign a parental waiver. We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and cash. For our frequent visitors, we offer some specials. A Frequent Driver Pass for $260, which is good for five visits, or a Season Pass for $600. These passes are seasonal, running through 12/31 of the year you purchase (those purchased Oct-Dec will be good through 12/31 of the following year).
I'd be happy to see everyone again on the 22nd

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Looks like the 22nd is the day it might work for just, I’m good for that day and a newbie. I can get all the membership stuff done online ahead of time?….Jack

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly no
You can download and print out the waiver and membership, but you will need to fill it in and provide it on your first day when you pay.
At the end of the day, you go back to the office and they will give you a laminated card for your membership.

AOAA has everything available to be done online.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Okay! I’m in!!
(Surprised you would let me back in)
Anyone for Crawl Daddy? I miss that one every time.
Sponsored