Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
$32 for the scanner?
They currently only show 2 that they recommend for the JT Gladiator (Yea, I know they pretty much all work for reading, but reliably writing usually requires the better ones)

https://jscan.net/supported-and-not-supported-obd-adapters/

1659109428763.png

The cheaper of those 2, the VLinker MC+, is currently on sale on Amazon for $60. The better one is $140. I bought the $140 one, along with AlfaOBD (like Jscan, but works on stuff besides just Jeep) because supposedly that is the only one that can access EVERYTHING.
I have used the one on the top left multiple times in both my JT and my wife's JL, and have had zero issues getting it to write what I needed.

(Not saying it CAN'T happen, but I would hate to see someone waste a ton of money purely out of paranoia.)
Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Love my Jscan. For the price and what I need its a no brainer. Recalibrated tire size, change from halogen to LED, and enable off road pages.

If you want to turn off ESS then Tazer is the way to go. I personally don't mind it so Jscan was the easy choice. It does everything I need.
There's an Auto Start/Stop adaptation in JScan. Does it not work or something?

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
There's an Auto Start/Stop adaptation in JScan. Does it not work or something?
Last I checked Jscan had that adaptation but it didn't fully turn off ESS like the Tazer, from what I read. I may have to go back and check to see if there has been any updates.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Last I checked Jscan had that adaptation but it didn't fully turn off ESS like the Tazer, from what I read. I may have to go back and check to see if there has been any updates.
It only turns off the Start/Stop menu in the cluster (the one that says if it's "ready" or "not ready" and maybe a couple of other status messages). It does not turn off ESS.

Jeep Gladiator TAZER MINI vs JSCAN 1664986584615

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have used the one on the top left multiple times in both my JT and my wife's JL, and have had zero issues getting it to write what I needed.

(Not saying it CAN'T happen, but I would hate to see someone waste a ton of money purely out of paranoia.)
The cheaper one works fine for things almost anyone here would do.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer doesn't turn it off, either. It simply sends the PCM a signal at each restart that you pressed the disable button. It doesn't technically disable squat. It can't. That's why it has to be left in place.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Or just find someone with the AlphaOBD setup, and then you don't even need to buy a Jscan license, since AlfaOBD is unlimited VINs.
Yup. Anyone in my neighborhood, I'll change the settings using my copy of AlfaOBD and you won't have to buy anything.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
How??
Is it as easy as double tapping the mute button??
Itā€™s one of the options on the radio. I moved it to where itā€™s one of the choices across the bottom of the radio screen so I just push that button on the Home Screen and it comes on.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s one of the options on the radio. I moved it to where itā€™s one of the choices across the bottom of the radio screen so I just push that button on the Home Screen and it comes on.
I did that in the first month I owned my 2020. Haven't done it on this one yet, but plan to.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Don't know if you can do that on the 2 smaller screens?
I have the 7", and I'll be damned if I can figure out a way to put a radio button on the bottom of the screen when Waze is running. It usually gives me my podcast player, occasionally the media controls or Audible. To get to radio I need to hit home, then uconnect.

Really, the Tazer live feature I most wish Jeep would do natively is controlling the bed and reverse lights from the fob. I use that a LOT when the days are shorter and it almost always seems to be dark out whenever I'm going anywhere.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Don't know if you can do that on the 2 smaller screens?
I have the 7", and I'll be damned if I can figure out a way to put a radio button on the bottom of the screen when Waze is running. It usually gives me my podcast player, occasionally the media controls or Audible. To get to radio I need to hit home, then uconnect.

Really, the Tazer live feature I most wish Jeep would do natively is controlling the bed and reverse lights from the fob. I use that a LOT when the days are shorter and it almost always seems to be dark out whenever I'm going anywhere.
I have the 7ā€. To move one of the buttons you just press and hold it and drag it to where you want it.
Sponsored