Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Thanks, @JAY.

Stupid question but is the dealer wholesale the same or close to the "invoice" pricing? I was ready to pull the trigger this week on a 23 Mojave on the lot but the dealer wouldn't show me the invoice pricing and how the Tread Lightly discount would reflect on that. They kept telling me this was the best they could do but Gupton could have ordered the same truck for me for almost $5K less.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
If a dealer won’t show you the FFP and you’re using TreadLightly… go somewhere else.

Invoice pricing is that correct term. But others use wholesale in its place. This is of course still nebulous and not really what something costs the dealer in the end. But it’s a known point to negotiate off of.

Gupton could obviously do better, but they are doing more off of invoice than the standard treatlightly.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, @JAY.

Stupid question but is the dealer wholesale the same or close to the "invoice" pricing? I was ready to pull the trigger this week on a 23 Mojave on the lot but the dealer wouldn't show me the invoice pricing and how the Tread Lightly discount would reflect on that. They kept telling me this was the best they could do but Gupton could have ordered the same truck for me for almost $5K less.
If the dealer is already trying to play games, I would honestly walk and go somewhere else. It’s just going to be a hassle throughout the whole process.

.:eMETAL:.

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Hospitality
Take the last two replies as fair warning. If the salesperson isn't playing cleanly it will showcase how the dealership is run. Therefore if the salesperson is allowed to act in such a manner than the rest of the dealership will have it's shortcuts as well. I purchased from a dealer that had a great owner and then he sold the dealership mid build of my gladiator. When it arrived, the new dealership group tried to play games on me and ended up winning slightly with financing after I held my own on the original negotiated build cost. I now service elsewhere and refinanced. Make the trip to Gupton... I will next time and will enjoy the trip as a little mini-vacation. Just remember that with Gupton you won't be including your sales tax in the price so you will be paying that when you get back to your state.

Sponsored

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Thanks everyone. There was a lot that didn't pass the sniff test.

I was willing to pay a little more than ordering from Gupton because it was Hydro Blue, had all the options I wanted except aux switches and I could drive it home instead of waiting.

I told them I'd use their financing to make sure they were getting taken care of since i'm an out of state buyer and wouldn't be back for service. Thing is, after they ran my credit 6 times they came back with a rate substantially higher than my credit union would do, they then told me the price was the same if i came in with my CU or their financing. Thanks, guys. Didn't need 6 hard pulls when I could have called my CU.

The final for me was they wouldn't show me the invoice pricing, just kept telling me I was getting a "good deal." I threw the option that at a specific price if they could put a dealer installed tonneau and the aux switches on I'd fly in Nov 14 to sign and drive it home.

I got a text message from the salesman with a photo of the deposit refund and no further comms. His sales manager did reach out and I told him how disappointed I was that we couldn't come to terms and that if it was still sitting on the lot end of the month, give me a ring.

Not holding my breath.

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
I don’t see the Safety Group options in the 2023 ordered guide.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
It isn’t avaliable for ordering right now. So they’ve removed it until further changes.

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks everyone. There was a lot that didn't pass the sniff test.

I was willing to pay a little more than ordering from Gupton because it was Hydro Blue, had all the options I wanted except aux switches and I could drive it home instead of waiting.

I told them I'd use their financing to make sure they were getting taken care of since i'm an out of state buyer and wouldn't be back for service. Thing is, after they ran my credit 6 times they came back with a rate substantially higher than my credit union would do, they then told me the price was the same if i came in with my CU or their financing. Thanks, guys. Didn't need 6 hard pulls when I could have called my CU.

The final for me was they wouldn't show me the invoice pricing, just kept telling me I was getting a "good deal." I threw the option that at a specific price if they could put a dealer installed tonneau and the aux switches on I'd fly in Nov 14 to sign and drive it home.

I got a text message from the salesman with a photo of the deposit refund and no further comms. His sales manager did reach out and I told him how disappointed I was that we couldn't come to terms and that if it was still sitting on the lot end of the month, give me a ring.

Not holding my breath.
I’m not sure how far Phili is for you but I went to reedman toll in jenkintown (I’m from ny) and got 5k off MSRP for my rubicon a few months ago. I just checked and they have some decent prices on mojave and rubicons. None in your blue so not sure how attached to that you are. Maybe worth a look

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
I’m not sure how far Phili is for you but I went to reedman toll in jenkintown (I’m from ny) and got 5k off MSRP for my rubicon a few months ago. I just checked and they have some decent prices on mojave and rubicons. None in your blue so not sure how attached to that you are. Maybe worth a look
Good looking out, thanks. I'm under 2 hours from Philly.

They have a Hydro Mojave but doesn't have the Moroney available online to check options outside what the website info says. I'd be almost willing to forgo the factory LED package if I could get Selec-Trac and then kick around doing Oracles down the road. My better half's cousin just retrofitted OEM LEDs to his JK. Woof. That's pricey as hell.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Good looking out, thanks. I'm under 2 hours from Philly.

They have a Hydro Mojave but doesn't have the Moroney available online to check options outside what the website info says. I'd be almost willing to forgo the factory LED package if I could get Selec-Trac and then kick around doing Oracles down the road. My better half's cousin just retrofitted OEM LEDs to his JK. Woof. That's pricey as hell.
I had to make some concessions when i got my rubicon. They had my color, cold weather and hard top which were top things on my list. No LED headlights or aux switches. Total cost for both and install was around $1200 which (and I may be mistaken) is the cost of adding the lighting package if you added on build.

edit: forgot to mention if you decide to get in touch with them, they’re super friendly and will work with you on price. I honestly called and said “you have a gladiator i like, it’s 57.5. I’ll do 52k.“ and they said sure. Didn’t have spray in bed liner. I asked how much to add, they said $600. I said split it. They said sure. If you want pics of videos they’ll send that too. Just super friendly people.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
I had to make some concessions when i got my rubicon. They had my color, cold weather and hard top which were top things on my list. No LED headlights or aux switches. Total cost for both and install was around $1200 which (and I may be mistaken) is the cost of adding the lighting package if you added on build.

edit: forgot to mention if you decide to get in touch with them, they’re super friendly and will work with you on price. I honestly called and said “you have a gladiator i like, it’s 57.5. I’ll do 52k.“ and they said sure. Didn’t have spray in bed liner. I asked how much to add, they said $600. I said split it. They said sure. If you want pics of videos they’ll send that too. Just super friendly people.
Great info and thanks. I tried calling them when I saw your post but they were closed. I'll give them a ring in the AM. If the number is correct and it has SelecTrac, I may very well pull the trigger.

I'm overall very disappointed with the other dealer I was talking to. It had everything I wanted minus aux switches but the price and run around was too much to handle. I'm half tempted to see if a local dealer would be able to transfer it in!

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Great info and thanks. I tried calling them when I saw your post but they were closed. I'll give them a ring in the AM. If the number is correct and it has SelecTrac, I may very well pull the trigger.

I'm overall very disappointed with the other dealer I was talking to. It had everything I wanted minus aux switches but the price and run around was too much to handle. I'm half tempted to see if a local dealer would be able to transfer it in!
No worries. I’ll dm you the info for the guy i worked with.

IF they can transfer in, more power to you. I checked everywhere to find the right truck, NY, NC, WV, TN, MD, NH, CT, VT, VA, PA. While the discount was great, it was just the overall vibe that made me pull the trigger with these guys

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Looks as if the Gorilla Glass option is off of the order guide as well. Even without that option, it looks as if my MSRP has gone up 2K since I purchased in March of this year.

Helryd68

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon(totaled), 2022 Sport S Diesel
Thanks, @JAY.

Just get in touch with Gupton and speak to Daniel or Renee unless you don’t like your money.
Sponsored