Sponsored

Apple CarPlay issue fixed with most recent iOS 15.2.1?

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Don't know this will helps, but there's a setting in the uconnect to turn off "Auto Connect" for the dash usb port. The dash usb has priority over the console port. I have this option unchecked, so my wife can charge her phone without disconnecting my Carplay unit in the console.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nope. Just an FYI. Mine is an early 2021 that received an OTA uconnect updated around Jun/2021.
We have center console connectivity issues wired and with wireless CarPlay devices. If your console port has always worked than a wireless device should always work.

Don't know this will helps, but there's a setting in the uconnect to turn off "Auto Connect" for the dash usb port. The dash usb has priority over the console port. I have this option unchecked, so my wife can charge her phone without disconnecting my Carplay unit in the console.
This is intriguing. My auto connect option has never seemed to do anything but I only use dash because of the center console problems. What you are saying makes me think dash ports only activate if console is empty?

I’m not sure it’ll fix anything for me because I only use one port at a time but worth a try.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I don’t think it’s an Apple issue. I think it’s a Jeep issue.
I went and got a new IPhone 14 about 2 months ago. My old iPhone worked just fine on the way to get the new phone plugged into the Jack in the center console. Got the new phone and it will work a few minutes in CarPlay and then stop everything. Have to unplug and then the radio will come back on. New phone works fine plugged in the usb below the radio. Not sure why old phone worked perfect for almost 2 years and get a new iPhone and it craps the bed in the first 10 minutes.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
I went and got a new IPhone 14 about 2 months ago. My old iPhone worked just fine on the way to get the new phone plugged into the Jack in the center console. Got the new phone and it will work a few minutes in CarPlay and then stop everything. Have to unplug and then the radio will come back on. New phone works fine plugged in the usb below the radio. Not sure why old phone worked perfect for almost 2 years and get a new iPhone and it craps the bed in the first 10 minutes.
I've tried an iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 13 Pro, 14 Pro Max, and a 14 Pro. All have the same problem in center console. They'll sometimes work for my entire trip and other times they'll drop CarPlay within a minute. I can leave the phones plugged in and CarPlay will eventually reconnect (3-5 minutes) or I can unplug for a few moments and plug back in. Media ports on the lower dash work fine for me too.

I'm thinking this is power related. I'm going to try my phone at 100% charge and see if it happens. I wonder if charging + CarPlay data transmission is causing hiccups but that wouldn't explain why my Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay device doesn't work in the center console.

Sponsored

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've been using this for over a year now, in the console without any issues.

E7B5D754-BC96-47E9-A9F6-AF57F4C46294.jpeg
Thanks so much!
I'll take a look on amazon in canada
DaveL
Toronto

edit: no. It's not shown in amazon canada So I have looked and found it on amazon US.

Last edited:

JTDiesel22

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Sales
Yesterday I stopped by the Jeep dealership to ask about this issue, and the service director said Jeep is pushing an OTA update on this and many other bugs with the Uconnect system. The update was supposed to be released on Feb 1 but was pushed.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I guess I've been lucky. I use the center console port almost exclusively and I've never had this problem. my truck was built in early 2020 but I have an iPhone 11.

JTDiesel22

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Sales
My Uconnect had a update this week. It worked for a bit but back to not working. Anyone else with the same problem?

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
My Uconnect had a update this week. It worked for a bit but back to not working. Anyone else with the same problem?
Might be hardware connection issue. Check the usb connection behind the dash usb module. The console usb piggy back off of it.

JTDiesel22

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Sales
Might be hardware connection issue. Check the usb connection behind the dash usb module. The console usb piggy back off of it.
Thanks I’ll take a look

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
It was an OTA update. Pop up on the screen to update.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything pop up on the screen saying it’s loading an update. I’ve had my Mojave since February of 2021 and don’t recall ever seeing anything like that?

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything pop up on the screen saying it’s loading an update. I’ve had my Mojave since February of 2021 and don’t recall ever seeing anything like that?
I received an OTA update back around Jun/2021, but nothing since.
Sponsored