Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator Specifications Sheet & Feature Availability

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
HEATED STEERING WHEEL, SEATS AND MIRRORS! I'M ALL IN!:clap:

CRAP, no ventilated seat.....maybe by 2020 when i can realistically afford this thing. lol
Sponsored

ralphtt

First Name
Ralph T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
Should have been more specific in my question about trailer brakes. :facepalm: I'm really wondering if there is an option for a trailer brake controller that enables you to control trailer braking from the dash . . . ??

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin

ralphtt

First Name
Ralph T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, Jay . . . missed that.

jacob66999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler
Looks like the sport with the max tow package is the way to go for me. Now the cost. If its more than a Silverado Trail Boss I'm out. Love Jeeps 1997 TJ is the only car I've ever owned since I was 16 (now 34). But can't justify paying more for a midsize with less capability for my needs, I'm not a rock crawler just need something that does well on the beach and will tow the boat and kid around.

Sponsored

jacob66999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler
How does the Overland with a 3.73 8 speed auto get 1500 more lbs of tow capability than the Sport?

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
How does the Overland with a 3.73 8 speed auto get 1500 more lbs of tow capability than the Sport?
Probably comes standard with the trailer sway controller or some other feature that enhances the towing, that is only an option on the Sport. If I had to guess.

poorstudent

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I’m disappointed in the huge payload drop btw the 6MT Sport and the 6MT Overland. Almost seems like a typo.

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2005 LJ Unlimited, 2018 Audi Q3
So you have to wonder if the tow capacity increases and by how much with the diesel. I know your limited by the capacity of the frame, suspension, etc but I’d like to think tow rating increases at least 10-15%.

Sponsored

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
So you have to wonder if the tow capacity increases and by how much with the diesel. I know your limited by the capacity of the frame, suspension, etc but I’d like to think tow rating increases at least 10-15%.
I don't think it'll end up higher than the 7,650 for other reasons. But I can guarantee you it'll pull that 7,650 a lot better than the Pentastar.

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I am having trouble interpreting some of the numbers on the spec sheet. Does one of them tell us the depth of the bed... in other words, the distance between the bottom of the bed and the top of the sides? Trying to figure how tall of an item I can put in the bed and still cover it with a tonneau cover. I am not sure if the specs are giving that number.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I am having trouble interpreting some of the numbers on the spec sheet. Does one of them tell us the depth of the bed... in other words, the distance between the bottom of the bed and the top of the sides? Trying to figure how tall of an item I can put in the bed and still cover it with a tonneau cover. I am not sure if the specs are giving that number.
It's kind of funny, they are really playing up how easy it is to reach over and into the bed. Obviously, it's somewhat shallow to make sure the top follows the body line while the bottom can be high enough to house a 35" spare tire and still be able to have 11" of clearance. I don't think it is this way to make it easy to reach into, so they have to do some marketing spin. I'm fine either way, just amused.

To look at the pictures it seems to be somewhere in the 18-20" range.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
It's kind of funny, they are really playing up how easy it is to reach over and into the bed. Obviously, it's somewhat shallow to make sure the top follows the body line while the bottom can be high enough to house a 35" spare tire and still be able to have 11" of clearance. I don't think it is this way to make it easy to reach into, so they have to do some marketing spin. I'm fine either way, just amused.

To look at the pictures it seems to be somewhere in the 18-20" range.
In one of the videos, can’t remember which one, they said the bed extends to 6.5ft with the gate down so that would be about 18 inches.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
In one of the videos, can’t remember which one, they said the bed extends to 6.5ft with the gate down so that would be about 18 inches.
Oh nice! Math for the win!
Sponsored