Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Eternus, the mold-in-color two piece flares are black not colored like the name would imply. Seems a bit odd but that is what is on the base Rubicon spec sheet and the only place I could find that terminology used. My guess is they are Rubicon width with the standard height to provide adequate tire coverage with the wide track axles. Cool stuff!
Hmm, I haven't seen a "Base Rubicon Spec Sheet", is that on the site here or did you dig it up elsewhere? I gotta see it now. (c: Do you mean for the Wrangler?
Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Hmm, I haven't seen a "Base Rubicon Spec Sheet", is that on the site here or did you dig it up elsewhere? I gotta see it now. (c: Do you mean for the Wrangler?
My apologies, I am referring to the JL Rubicon not the JT Rubicon. Attached is an image from the JL spec sheet with the three columns (from left to right) Sport, Sahara, Rubicon. I have not seen that terminology used elsewhere so my assumption remains that it will be a Rubicon width flare with a standard height to cover the extra track width.
2018_Wrangler_JL_Standard_Equipment_02-2.jpg

reedred

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geraldine
And do you by chance know if the rear window of the rag top is made of glass or of plastic? I just saw a video which showed that rear window and it looked like glass. Would be great if it was made of glass and has rear defrost on it like many sports cars have. Can’t help but wonder.

E3133F6C-6FE9-4F3B-A3DC-8A5ABDD1FB43.png
There are some screen caps of option packages. This one makes me think it is glass, because I can't come up with a reason to make fitted a storage bag for a plastic window.

Screenshot-213.jpg

Of course, I could be (and often am) wrong.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
That's a good catch. It definitely makes sense there would be a different fender setup if you have the wide axles... though the tires shipping on the Sport S are 9.5" wide vs the Rubicon tires are a little over 11" wide. Yet again we must wait for details. Boo.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
There are some screen caps of option packages. This one makes me think it is glass, because I can't come up with a reason to make fitted a storage bag for a plastic window.

Screenshot-213.jpg

Of course, I could be (and often am) wrong.
Oh wow, great catch there Reedred. Can you please send me the link to that Mopar listing?

Sponsored

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
Considering Bestops Trektop Pro has glass side windows integrated into the cloth it's a possibility. However Mopar has always offered a softop storage bag. Even for the plastic windows. It's more likely with 2 soft tops (standard and premium) that they will be the normal plastic.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
It now looks to me like it must be a glass rear window on the rag top version. Zoom in on the red one here and the 2 black rear side sections appear to be in place and it looks like just the glass rear window has been removed. In the tan one from a Jeep video you can see the guy holding what appears to be the drivers side rear fabric section. And again it looks like the rear window has been removed from this tan rag top version. And in another picture of this tan rag top you can see that the small black side has been taken off just on the drivers side where you can easily see just the drivers side rear roll bar section but you can not see the passenger side rear roll bar section. I think he had not removed the drivers side rag top section to the right of the rear window. Leaves me to think that it must be a rear glass rear window and just 2 small black rear fabric sections that have to be stored. And I think the Mopar bag may hold all 3 in one bag ya just put in the bed of the truck.

2A357908-C73B-407D-9B86-447A4CE9100C.jpeg

C686597A-9971-4A1E-9D1F-0C15A4F319C3.png

A9C745B2-6C66-4298-85F2-0A00FCBF4966.png

CD4CF6C6-C6A8-46CF-A673-A27B29C33623.png

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Oh and it looks like they took the rag top completely off of this red one and left just the 2 fabric corner sections in place.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
WILL THE GLADIATOR BE OFFERED WITH HALF DOORS AND WHEN?

I’ve seen many of the videos covering the reveal but no one asked this question? I have to know :). Will it be available right away?

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It now looks to me like it must be a glass rear window on the rag top version. Zoom in on the red one here and the 2 black rear side sections appear to be in place and it looks like just the glass rear window has been removed. In the tan one from a Jeep video you can see the guy holding what appears to be the drivers side rear fabric section. And again it looks like the rear window has been removed from this tan rag top version. And in another picture of this tan rag top you can see that the small black side has been taken off just on the drivers side where you can easily see just the drivers side rear roll bar section but you can not see the passenger side rear roll bar section. I think he had not removed the drivers side rag top section to the right of the rear window. Leaves me to think that it must be a rear glass rear window and just 2 small black rear fabric sections that have to be stored. And I think the Mopar bag may hold all 3 in one bag ya just put in the bed of the truck.
Isn't this just a similar set up to the JL? I believe there are fabric covered corner panels that you need to take off separately from the plastic back window on it so why would they want to make two different setups if they could use the same parts for both?

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Good point and good question. I don’t own a Wrangler so I don’t know enough about them to be able to answer the question. And I have not seen the new Jeep truck on any dealer lot yet, just pictures from the Internet since the intro last week. So these are just my comments and thoughts based solely on that. Will just have to see when they show up on dealers lots unless someone else who has seen a drop top rear window and complete set up can confirm what’s really correct here. I’d love to know for certain.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
@JAY any idea if the JT will make it to the Fort Worth auto show next weekend?

The JL did after its LA Auto Show reveal...hoping to see this thing in person soon!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey Reedred can you please send the link for the Mopar window storage bag that you posted about? I have looked all over the Mopar site and can’t find where that is listed. Thanks much.

480491AF-5108-4685-9A85-9B16C1891945.jpeg

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
The half doors would be identical on the JL and Gladiator. I understand that the half doors are supposed to finally be offered I believe by summertime on new JLs, unless Jeep changed it’s mind. I wonder and hope they will be offered on the Gladiator as well, right away or at least soon after.

I don’t want to bore all of you which are running full doors (because you don’t have a choice on the JL), but if you are wondering I want to explain the fascination with half doors and tell you about the practical aspects of it...

I bought my JK from the dealership new with half doors 10 years ago, and love them so much (even though I live in the northeast as opposed to the midwest. People often think that only in dry warm areas people use them.). Before my JK with half doors, I had a TJ with full doors, hard top, soft top, and aftermarket half doors (yuk). Since then I only want a soft top and factory half doors on my Jeeps. Not tube doors. Not aftermarket half doors.

Unless you live somewhere where it’s always warm and rarely rains, tube doors are a huge hassle and you may not want to be so exposed to the elements. With tube doors you need to deal with tools and heavy full doors to keep switching doors and side view mirrors. Now... Aftermarket half doors either don’t come with upper half’s forcing you to still have to switch doors depending on the weather, or they do but the whole setup is very wimpy/thin, raw metal (from inside), not as safe structurally, and not something I would want to keep on the Jeep permanently. And the door handles don’t line up between the front doors and rear doors, you need seaparate keys than your ignition, and the handles are very primitive.

The factory half doors feel like real doors. They are thick. Have real door handles and utilize your ignition keys. Have internal structural support for safety. You permanently keep them on and always have side view mirrors. If the weather is nice you simply pull out the upper half’s and put them in the trunk. You feel safer from the elements compared to tube doors or even aftermarket half doors. If it suddenly starts pouring rain while you are away from home then you simply get the upper half’s from your trunk and pop them back on. But best of all you can’t beat the open air feel!!! I like to keep the top on and open up all the sides all around (sides and rear)... it’s an amazing experience. You have to experience it to understand. The opening is much bigger and extends lower compared to rolling down a glass window. My kids love to climb on the roof rack by stepping on the half doors when the upper part is away, and walk around the vehicle. It’s like an amusement park.

So why not get half doors from Mopar after you buy a Jeep with full doors. For one thing factory doors are very expensive. Why do I want to pay for full doors I won’t use. Second, I don’t want electric wires dangling unused exposed at the bottom of the doors that could short and have buttons I don’t need in the dash to open/close rolling windows I don’t have. Remember the half doors don’t need electricity as they don’t have rolling windows. The windows zip open. So if/when forging deep water I also don’t need to worry about those electric wires routed to the doors because I don’t have them if the Jeep came from the factory with half doors.

What are some advantages of half doors? If you live where it gets cold then guess what? Plastic windows don’t get ice and frost buildup. The only glass window is my windshield. All other windows are plastic. I only need to worry about ice on my windshield. Also all my windows, except the glass windshield, are easily replaceable with new ones. I also like how I can just zip open the window a 1/3 of the way pushing the open part outward in effect funneling air in without opening it all the way. It’s hard to explain without showing. Doesn’t it insulate less efficiently or is more noisy? No!!! (Disclaimer: I always rode on 37” mud terrain tires as my daily driver). In 10 years using it daily I never felt heat was leaking or the Jeep was struggling to heat. Regarding noise, I am used to the level of noise, because of my tires and roof rack, which I am so used to it I don’t notice it, but compared to full doors it can’t be too different.

In any case, I so deeply hope Jeep is not phasing half doors out, and will keep offering them on new JLs and Gladiators, because my JK is 10 years old and although I could keep it forever, I have my eyes on a Gladiator or JL.... either way it would be a Rubicon, with manual transmission, soft top, and HALF DOORS, otherwise it won’t happen and be very sad. I use my jeeps daily to commute, and off-road for fun when I get a chance.

Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (JK)
Manual, half doors, soft top
4.5” lift and 37” tires
Safari roof rack
Third brake light on rear gate instead of spare tire (great visibility w/o spare)
Reinforced axels
Extended air breather hoses for axels and transfer case
Lots of interior storage mods
I used to have a removable 3rd row bench seat
I used to have adjustable shocks, adjustable via remote control

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The half doors would be identical on the JL and Gladiator. I understand that the half doors are supposed to finally be offered I believe by summertime on new JLs, unless Jeep changed it’s mind. I wonder and hope they will be offered on the Gladiator as well, right away or at least soon after.

I don’t want to bore all of you which are running full doors (because you don’t have a choice on the JL), but if you are wondering I want to explain the fascination with half doors and tell you about the practical aspects of it...

I bought my JK from the dealership new with half doors 10 years ago, and love them so much (even though I live in the northeast as opposed to the midwest. People often think that only in dry warm areas people use them.). Before my JK with half doors, I had a TJ with full doors, hard top, soft top, and aftermarket half doors (yuk). Since then I only want a soft top and factory half doors on my Jeeps. Not tube doors. Not aftermarket half doors.

Unless you live somewhere where it’s always warm and rarely rains, tube doors are a huge hassle and you may not want to be so exposed to the elements. With tube doors you need to deal with tools and heavy full doors to keep switching doors and side view mirrors. Now... Aftermarket half doors either don’t come with upper half’s forcing you to still have to switch doors depending on the weather, or they do but the whole setup is very wimpy/thin, raw metal (from inside), not as safe structurally, and not something I would want to keep on the Jeep permanently. And the door handles don’t line up between the front doors and rear doors, you need seaparate keys than your ignition, and the handles are very primitive.

The factory half doors feel like real doors. They are thick. Have real door handles and utilize your ignition keys. Have internal structural support for safety. You permanently keep them on and always have side view mirrors. If the weather is nice you simply pull out the upper half’s and put them in the trunk. You feel safer from the elements compared to tube doors or even aftermarket half doors. If it suddenly starts pouring rain while you are away from home then you simply get the upper half’s from your trunk and pop them back on. But best of all you can’t beat the open air feel!!! I like to keep the top on and open up all the sides all around (sides and rear)... it’s an amazing experience. You have to experience it to understand. The opening is much bigger and extends lower compared to rolling down a glass window. My kids love to climb on the roof rack by stepping on the half doors when the upper part is away, and walk around the vehicle. It’s like an amusement park.

So why not get half doors from Mopar after you buy a Jeep with full doors. For one thing factory doors are very expensive. Why do I want to pay for full doors I won’t use. Second, I don’t want electric wires dangling unused exposed at the bottom of the doors that could short and have buttons I don’t need in the dash to open/close rolling windows I don’t have. Remember the half doors don’t need electricity as they don’t have rolling windows. The windows zip open. So if/when forging deep water I also don’t need to worry about those electric wires routed to the doors because I don’t have them if the Jeep came from the factory with half doors.

What are some advantages of half doors? If you live where it gets cold then guess what? Plastic windows don’t get ice and frost buildup. The only glass window is my windshield. All other windows are plastic. I only need to worry about ice on my windshield. Also all my windows, except the glass windshield, are easily replaceable with new ones. I also like how I can just zip open the window a 1/3 of the way pushing the open part outward in effect funneling air in without opening it all the way. It’s hard to explain without showing. Doesn’t it insulate less efficiently or is more noisy? No!!! (Disclaimer: I always rode on 37” mud terrain tires as my daily driver). In 10 years using it daily I never felt heat was leaking or the Jeep was struggling to heat. Regarding noise, I am used to the level of noise, because of my tires and roof rack, which I am so used to it I don’t notice it, but compared to full doors it can’t be too different.

In any case, I so deeply hope Jeep is not phasing half doors out, and will keep offering them on new JLs and Gladiators, because my JK is 10 years old and although I could keep it forever, I have my eyes on a Gladiator or JL.... either way it would be a Rubicon, with manual transmission, soft top, and HALF DOORS, otherwise it won’t happen and be very sad. I use my jeeps daily to commute, and off-road for fun when I get a chance.

Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (JK)
Manual, half doors, soft top
4.5” lift and 37” tires
Safari roof rack
Third brake light on rear gate instead of spare tire (great visibility w/o spare)
Reinforced axels
Extended air breather hoses for axels and transfer case
Lots of interior storage mods
I used to have a removable 3rd row bench seat
I used to have adjustable shocks, adjustable via remote control
I've never owned a jeep. The tube doors seem fun, but i'd hate having to change them out all the time. The JK doors you spoke of, (i looked up), THAT IS AWESOME. Half door when not raining, put the top part on when its crappy out. I'll still get a JT even if they don't plan to make half doors, but dang do I hope they come up with FACTORY half doors, not just the tube doors.
Sponsored