Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
I went through the various truck build sites. Most other companies require automatic transmission To get a 4X4, and include power windows at the min.. Here is the pricing for these brands. Figure it may help put our Price guessing in perspective. After all, This is a Truck not "a wrangler with a bed" - JEEP Brand Head of Design Mark Allen.

The Trucks below will compete with The Gladiator Sport S with automatic transmission upgrade.

Punk'n orange____Colorado Crew Cab_______Automatic 4X4, power windows____________________________$32,295
Hydro Blue_______Frontier Crew Cab________Automatic 4X4, power windows____________________________$29,940
Billet Silver______Ranger Super Crew Cab___Automatic 4X4, Power windows____________________________$30,680
Gator Green______Tacoma Double Cab______Automatic 4X4, Power windows____________________________$31,815
FireCracker Red___RidgeLine Crew__________Automatic 4X4, power windows, heated seats, SunRoof____$35,200
Black____________Jeep Gladiator Sport S_____Automatic 4X4, Power windows, Soft-top__________________$XX,XXX
Sponsored

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It would be nice if they come in comparable to the competition but every day that passes without pricing I lose a little more hope. I still just do not understand why they did not just put everything out in LA. Fine we can't order one yet but it does not make sense to me to hold back on the pricing.

I am going to the dealer today to test drive a nice used JK they have on the lot as a back up plan incase FCA prices me out of the market.

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Thank you OP. I've been insane membrane over this.

So if it is like Cherokee, they price at low end and advertise best in class, lowest price in class, and it's 29,999. Humble approach & Jeep Tradition!

If it's like Grand Cherokee fuggetaboutit. Hey I'm shiny a popular, buy me for too much because the Jones's did! It's priced OTD at 40K+. May they rot for going big time.

Love the work by OP to make it clear as a bell that in a normal world I'm getting OTD low 30's.

Thank you!

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I went through the various truck build sites. Most other companies require automatic transmission To get a 4X4, and include power windows at the min.. Here is the pricing for these brands. Figure it may help put our Price guessing in perspective. After all, This is a Truck not "a wrangler with a bed" - JEEP Brand Head of Design Mark Allen.

The Trucks below will compete with The Gladiator Sport S with automatic transmission upgrade.

Punk'n orange____Colorado Crew Cab_______Automatic 4X4, power windows____________________________$32,295
Hydro Blue_______Frontier Crew Cab________Automatic 4X4, power windows____________________________$29,940
Billet Silver______Ranger Super Crew Cab___Automatic 4X4, Power windows____________________________$30,680
Gator Green______Tacoma Double Cab______Automatic 4X4, Power windows____________________________$31,815
FireCracker Red___RidgeLine Crew__________Automatic 4X4, power windows, heated seats, SunRoof____$35,200
Black____________Jeep Gladiator Sport S_____Automatic 4X4, Power windows, Soft-top__________________$XX,XXX

Those figures aren't really accurate, at least as far as the Ranger is concerned. The closest model Ranger to a Sport S would be an XLT with the FX4 package and that is $36,605

The base XL Crew Cab 4x4 is $31,875

I can see the base Sport starting in the low 30's, the Sport S in the mid 30's and the Rubicon in the mid 40's. That is before you start adding options which could easily go $5-10K more.

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
Those figures aren't really accurate, at least as far as the Ranger is concerned. The closest model Ranger to a Sport S would be an XLT with the FX4 package and that is $36,605

The base XL Crew Cab 4x4 is $31,875

I can see the base Sport starting in the low 30's, the Sport S in the mid 30's and the Rubicon in the mid 40's. That is before you start adding options which could easily go $5-10K more.
Prices came right off of fords website, and the fx4 would compare to rubi. If your looking for offroad package.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
It would be nice if they come in comparable to the competition but every day that passes without pricing I lose a little more hope. I still just do not understand why they did not just put everything out in LA. Fine we can't order one yet but it does not make sense to me to hold back on the pricing.

I am going to the dealer today to test drive a nice used JK they have on the lot as a back up plan incase FCA prices me out of the market.
I think they have known for a long time what pricing will be but hold it back to build anticipation. Would you get the jk over the jl if the JT is priced to high?

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
Thank you OP. I've been insane membrane over this.

So if it is like Cherokee, they price at low end and advertise best in class, lowest price in class, and it's 29,999. Humble approach & Jeep Tradition!

If it's like Grand Cherokee fuggetaboutit. Hey I'm shiny a popular, buy me for too much because the Jones's did! It's priced OTD at 40K+. May they rot for going big time.

Love the work by OP to make it clear as a bell that in a normal world I'm getting Cindy OTD low 30's.

Thank you!
You are welcome. All the talk on what pricing is ; some guessing low and many jeep enthusiast guessing high. I wanted to see for myself , what the actual midsize market is. It made me feel a little better to see the actual numbers, though not quite exact comparables, I think it gives us a really good idea, Where the pricing should fall.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
You are welcome. All the talk on what pricing is ; some guessing low and many jeep enthusiast guessing high. I wanted to see for myself , what the actual midsize market is. It made me feel a little better to see the actual numbers, though not quite exact comparables, I think it gives us a really good idea, Where the pricing should fall.

I agree I have been thinking it as going to be high, but after seeing where the competition is I'm starting to change my mind. I got rid of my Ram 1500 already in preparation for the JT but if it comes in to high I will have to think about what I'm going to do. If the JT is close to the same price bracket as a new Ram 1500 Limited, a Raptor, or Power Wagon I don't know if my love for Jeeps would be enough for me to pass up on one of those three especially since we already have a JLUR in the driveway that we are keeping either way. But i say this because I haven't been able to get in and drive the JT so who knows what will happen.

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I think it gives us a really good idea, Where the pricing should fall.
From your keyboard to FCAs' ears.

I think they have known for a long time what pricing will be but hold it back to build anticipation. Would you get the jk over the jl if the JT is priced to high?
I probably would. I have been reading the JL forum for the last 5-6 months as research for the JT and even though I know they sold 240,000 Wranglers (do not know the # of JL over JK) last year and most people go to places like forums to complain/vent etc. over saying how happy they are the JL seems to be having quite a few problems. The JK I looked at has more options then I would probably be able to afford or just chose to get on a JL, has very low miles for a 2 year old vehicle and is priced (without haggling yet) at least 10k less than a similarly optioned JL. Mostly I think for me it comes down to reading about the issues with the JL so far and starting to convince myself I am not really sure I want to take the risk. If I got the JK I could drive it for a few years and see how the JT shakes out.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
From your keyboard to FCAs' ears.

I probably would. I have been reading the JL forum for the last 5-6 months as research for the JT and even though I know they sold 240,000 Wranglers (do not know the # of JL over JK) last year and most people go to places like forums to complain/vent etc. over saying how happy they are the JL seems to be having quite a few problems. The JK I looked at has more options then I would probably be able to afford or just chose to get on a JL, has very low miles for a 2 year old vehicle and is priced (without haggling yet) at least 10k less than a similarly optioned JL. Mostly I think for me it comes down to reading about the issues with the JL so far and starting to convince myself I am not really sure I want to take the risk. If I got the JK I could drive it for a few years and see how the JT shakes out.
My wife and I have had 2 JK's in the past and now have a JL. I will tell you there is a night and day difference between the 2. The JL is a great Jeep I don't think you would be disappointed if you went that route.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Agree pricing was set by multiple parameters, and quarters ago. Also think future pricing & packages are likely in play now. Look at all the variants in other jeep product lines. I'm all about keeping an option available for JT with simple functionality and not over engineering. Having said that, I'm thinking the new option packages will arrive in 12 months. What if the original 75,000 are gobbled up quickly? Like as fast as they are produced? The new packages will be here in no time at all.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Are these all base 4x4 with no options other than power windows, and heated seats and sunroof for the ridgeline?

Also thanks so much for color coding these, its easier to read. =)

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
My wife and I have had 2 JK's in the past and now have a JL. I will tell you there is a night and day difference between the 2. The JL is a great Jeep I don't think you would be disappointed if you went that route.
You think the JL is much better than the JK?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The JL sport S with no options is $34,745. Seems close to being in line with these other trucks, but if the rumors of $5,000 over a comparable JL trim for JT pricing. That would mean a JT Sport S would be $39,745.......that's ridiculously high compared to the competition, $4545 - $9805 over the competition.

Also the Ridgeline crew sport at $35,290 comes remote start.

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Agree pricing was set by multiple parameters, and quarters ago. Also think
Are these all base 4x4 with no options other than power windows, and heated seats and sunroof for the ridgeline?

Yeah I wanted to find the very min. With a crew cab and 4x4, so
The JL sport S with no options is $34,745. Seems close to being in line with these other trucks, but if the rumors of $5,000 over a comparable JL trim for JT pricing. That would mean a JT Sport S would be $39,745.......that's ridiculously high compared to the competition, $4545 - $9805 over the competition.

Also the Ridgeline crew sport at $35,290 comes remote start.

Yeah with the exception of the remote start on the ridgeline . They are all as base as you can get if you want 4x4 and crew cab configuration. None of the other brands offer a crew cab manual with4 x4 in a base category. and they all come with power windows with the exception of the frontier. That was about $400 less to get roll up windows. So if we compare these to the sport s. I'm thinking we would have to still average the jt down 2k to account for manual transmission. In the S model. I'm not sure how much further the base sport would go for since frontier only factors a few hundred in the optional power windows
Sponsored