Sponsored

Design Manager insight on Jeep Wayout Concept. 37" spare tire fits aired down!

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So this morning I was looking over social media like most of us were about the EJS concepts.

For me the Wayout Concept is my favourite as it’s almost exactly how I want to build mine, right down to the colours.

I follow a few designers and have spoken to them before in regards to a JK they own when I had my JK. He ended up tagging the Design Manager at Jeep who I inturn followed.

I’ve always loved the smooth steelies that the run on many EJS concepts but they have been hard to figure out what they were. So I decided to take a shot message him and see if I could find out any info.

Awesome guy, super nice to talk to and was able to not only answer that question but also answer some questions about other things people have asked.

First are the wheels. The wheels are Stockton Series 51, 5x5” bolt pattern 17”x8” w/ 5” backspace company is out of California.

The second thing which I know many people will be happy to know. Jeep advertises that the stock spare tire area will fit 35s. He advised me that the 37s Falkens on the Wayout concept does fit between the frame rails, the trick to making it fit is to slightly lower the air pressure. Great to know.

I had to ask him about the OEM half doors and if they will be available. His exact words “ Can’t comment on those ...yet.“

Which means that the news of them should be coming, when no idea, but it sounds like it is coming. Stokeddd.

Hope that helps any of you guys out with what you wanted to know about that awesome Wayout concept. I absolutely love it and can’t wait to build mine.

AAB9CA55-9861-4023-A741-DB41CA17D5C9.png

30C08147-0EED-4500-AB9D-228C400DE09A.jpeg
Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I might have to make a trip over to Stockton Wheel to check their inventory out. They are probably 30 minutes away from me. Will definitely need to get those wheels once I get a Gladiator.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
So this morning I was looking over social media like most of us were about the EJS concepts.

For me the Wayout Concept is my favourite as it’s almost exactly how I want to build mine, right down to the colours.

I follow a few designers and have spoken to them before in regards to a JK they own when I had my JK. He ended up tagging the Design Manager at Jeep who I inturn followed.

I’ve always loved the smooth steelies that the run on many EJS concepts but they have been hard to figure out what they were. So I decided to take a shot message him and see if I could find out any info.

Awesome guy, super nice to talk to and was able to not only answer that question but also answer some questions about other things people have asked.

First are the wheels. The wheels are Stockton Series 51, 5x5” bolt pattern 17”x8” w/ 5” backspace company is out of California.

The second thing which I know many people will be happy to know. Jeep advertises that the stock spare tire area will fit 35s. He advised me that the 37s Falkens on the Wayout concept does fit between the frame rails, the trick to making it fit is to slightly lower the air pressure. Great to know.

I had to ask him about the OEM half doors and if they will be available. His exact words “ Can’t comment on those ...yet.“

Which means that the news of them should be coming, when no idea, but it sounds like it is coming. Stokeddd.

Hope that helps any of you guys out with what you wanted to know about that awesome Wayout concept. I absolutely love it and can’t wait to build mine.

Thanks for rim info. Had alot of ppl on Facebook loving those

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I dig those wheels. I had the MOPAR steelies on my JKU at one point:

18011310_397165060669565_5807737322627661824_n.jpg

Which are a good alternative. They are just a PIA to keep balanced.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty

Great post. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Had those as well. Loved them. Mine balanced perfectly.
Yea I dig those wheels. I had the MOPAR steelies on my JKU at one point:

18011310_397165060669565_5807737322627661824_n.jpg

Which are a good alternative. They are just a PIA to keep balanced.

06F4D470-75A5-4B00-8BB1-2B7AAF28BEF3.jpeg

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

If you ever have contact again - tell them to produce the J-6

Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Maybe he shouldn't waste his time doing your dirty work?? :facepalm: Hey don't worry. If they sell enough 4 doors you'll get your wishes answered on the 2 door.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
The design manager isn't the guy deciding what they'll make and sell.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Killer info! Wheels, 37" tire spare and half doors coming... .... Great news as always @JTRUBI

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I always suspected that with some airing down a 37 would fit - you can make attire quite a bit smaller if it’s got less air in it!

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you read through their site you’ll see they do one off custom wheels as well. Looks like the 51 series just larger. Caps are always an add on.

Where did you see 51s in 17x8, and without the caps? They advertise them as 15s..
Sponsored