Sponsored

Design Manager insight on Jeep Wayout Concept. 37" spare tire fits aired down!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
If you look closely it’s not a rotopax. It’s a steel gas can that’s modified. Like how the did with the Jeep Africa concept from a few years back. Looks like they just used a rotopax mount.

C921CD1F-3CDF-4555-99BB-0CD78AEB18DF.jpeg
Good call...
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
The one thing I hate about those wheels is how it simulates the look that it’s 6 lug. Wish they didn’t do that.
That is true. That is why i was thinking about the Arsenal wheels. Very similar design but more holes and doesn't have fake 6 lug pattern.

Big Red Gladiator

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra (gone... Just totaled it 4/22/19) Now a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited, RX350 (Wife's) and soon a Gladiator LE
TJRubi...
Does anyone know about the bed rack that holds up the RT Tent? I would love to buy one for my LE when it finally gets here.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
TJRubi...
:CWL:

when "tagging" somebody type @ and then their name, it'll send them a notification. Also, you have to spell their name correctly, but it'll give you suggestions. Hey @JTRUBI what about that rack bud?

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
TJRubi...
Does anyone know about the bed rack that holds up the RT Tent? I would love to buy one for my LE when it finally gets here.
EVO apparently has multiple. Different heights, but they did mention they have theirs out. I know Leitner Designs was working on one as well and I’m sure that will be out very soon. The one on the WAYOUT concept is a one off piece.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@tjr
EVO apparently has multiple. Different heights, but they did mention they have theirs out. I know Leitner Designs was working on one as well and I’m sure that will be out very soon. The one on the WAYOUT concept is a one off piece.
leitner was supposed to be done last week, or this week. probably will look like all the other Leitners.......AWESOME!

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Bringing up an old thread.

So the way out concept is riding on 37”s with a wheel that is only 8” wide. With a mopar 2” lift.

A few questions
Why would Jeep display a concept with 37s tires on a wheel that most tire shops won’t install because the min required is 8.5”

On that same note, the use of a 2”mopar lift and 37”s would also require chopping up the rockrails and other modifications to make it all work together while off-roading.

Seems silly to me (I get that it is a concept) that Jeep would put together for public viewing, an off road truck, that can’t go off road for the regular public, without chopping up a $60k - ish truck.

If they put a slightly higher lift and wider wheels with the correct BS and offset this would be a non-topic.

Just seems lazy and partly mis-leading of Jeep to do this concept.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Bringing up an old thread.

So the way out concept is riding on 37”s with a wheel that is only 8” wide. With a mopar 2” lift.

A few questions
Why would Jeep display a concept with 37s tires on a wheel that most tire shops won’t install because the min required is 8.5”

On that same note, the use of a 2”mopar lift and 37”s would also require chopping up the rockrails and other modifications to make it all work together while off-roading.

Seems silly to me (I get that it is a concept) that Jeep would put together for public viewing, an off road truck, that can’t go off road for the regular public, without chopping up a $60k - ish truck.

If they put a slightly higher lift and wider wheels with the correct BS and offset this would be a non-topic.

Just seems lazy and partly mis-leading of Jeep to do this concept.
The tire thing is nuts IMO too, I'm always floored when I see factory rims with oversized rubber... though i hate it more for the need to use wheel spacers. I'm curious though, are you sure you have to trim the rock rails for 37s? I haven't seen anything either way but expected them to be making things a bit easier for bigger tires.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am not entirely sure on anything anymore. It’s like the more I read the less I understand.
I will just need to keep waiting until I take delivery and then do things myself to find out.
It sucks that Jeep can’t be more helpful and as much as I wish the forums could help, instead we get conflicting info all around.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Those wheels were from Stockton Wheel here in Stockton, CA.

Stockton makes fully custom steel wheels (size, offset, width) to your specs. So I’m fairly certain anyone could duplicate the look. Their wheels are nice...the FJ60 crowd runs these with narrow tires for the steelie look. Custom offsets and sizes cost a lot more but if you want an old school steelie look they are your best option.

I’ve seen others run 37s without trimming the rock rails. Some didn’t even lift the truck (but know they lose articulation off road). Not sure I’ll go as far as 37s but could see me going to 35s.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Those wheels were from Stockton Wheel here in Stockton, CA.

Stockton makes fully custom steel wheels (size, offset, width) to your specs. So I’m fairly certain anyone could duplicate the look. Their wheels are nice...the FJ60 crowd runs these with narrow tires for the steelie look. Custom offsets and sizes cost a lot more but if you want an old school steelie look they are your best option.

I’ve seen others run 37s without trimming the rock rails. Some didn’t even lift the truck (but know they lose articulation off road). Not sure I’ll go as far as 37s but could see me going to 35s.
Are you around Stockton? I work over by the airport. I'm wanting to go with those steelies when I finally get my Gator Diesel Gladiator. I will probably swing by there at some point before them to check it out.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
No I’m in northwest L.A. but up in Stockton a few times a year.

Wanted Gobi but can’t wait til Xmas for a new vehicle. And dark bronze or matching Gobi steelies would have looked good.

Instead I’m getting Bright White and think white steelies would look like a utility company truck. And I don’t want black steelies. Maybe Sting Gray steelies?
Sponsored