First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Anyone take care of their purchase in the NY/NJ/CT area? I'm looking to find a reputable dealer, who is willing to go to invoice or under. I hear great things about travis at Tri-City, but I'd prefer not to haul all the way to NC, but I will if it makes sense. Just trying to see what's around that is a little closer.
Sponsored

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
I'm doing the leg work as we speak as well. Seems like no one in the tri-state (or new england areas) are willing to work a bit for our business. Apparently too many/so many people have tons of money now a days so the dealers don't have that "drive" or motivation to work with buyers now a days. It's more of a cocky attitude like "well if you don't overpay-tons of other morons will" That being said, forget them all, i'll be more than happy to drive down to NC if that's what it takes to get a dealer with a real handle on customer appreciation. I have ten dealers to make some calls to over the next few weeks while I wait for my color to become available. One of them is in Pennsylvania. Look into it.

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I'm doing the leg work as we speak as well. Seems like no one in the tri-state (or new england areas) are willing to work a bit for our business. Apparently too many/so many people have tons of money now a days so the dealers don't have that "drive" or motivation to work with buyers now a days. It's more of a cocky attitude like "well if you don't overpay-tons of other morons will" That being said, forget them all, i'll be more than happy to drive down to NC if that's what it takes to get a dealer with a real handle on customer appreciation. I have ten dealers to make some calls to over the next few weeks while I wait for my color to become available. One of them is in Pennsylvania. Look into it.
I've now tried all the dealers on LI, and the lowest I got was MSRP. I don't see CT venturing far off that same result. Maybe PA is our best bet?

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
Have you guys tried any dealers in Westchester county NY?

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Yes, I'll be looking into anything known to be willing to move below invoice within a 10 hour ride. I haven't looked into Westchester area yet.

Sponsored

TG2500

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rosenthal
Got mine (black rubicon) in Rochester NY at Vision Jeep. Spoke to John Schneider, great guy - honored the tread lightly Affiliate control number at invoice price and even found me the hard to find tri fold hard tonneau cover. Picked it up and drove it back to Long Island (East Hampton). Well worth the travel

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @TG2500 love to see pictures (inside and out) of your hard trifold tonneau cover. You are the first one that I have heard the got that hard tonneau cover. What did they charge you for that cover? And did you have to have the trail rail system in order to mount the hard folding tonneau cover? Thanks

Got mine (black rubicon) in Rochester NY at Vision Jeep. Spoke to John Schneider, great guy - honored the tread lightly Affiliate control number at invoice price and even found me the hard to find tri fold hard tonneau cover. Picked it up and drove it back to Long Island (East Hampton). Well worth the travel

Last edited:

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Bought mine from Chris G. at Rockland Jeep a couple weeks ago. He's a fellow enthusiast and was easy to work with. I won't disclose what I paid, but hit him up and let him know Matt@BuiltRight sent you.

I'm in Ridgefield, CT.

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
So this morning I get a phone call from Smith Haven here on Long Island and they have a black overland if I wanted to look at it. Just went there, told them my expectations, and they came back to me under invoice on a Gobi overland. 500 down to show I’m serious but it’s refundable if I get cold feet.
I’m gonna go with them, not cause they’re the best priced, but they were the best without me having to travel, and I didn’t have to do the BS song and dance.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So this morning I get a phone call from Smith Haven here on Long Island and they have a black overland if I wanted to look at it. Just went there, told them my expectations, and they came back to me under invoice on a Gobi overland. 500 down to show I’m serious but it’s refundable if I get cold feet.
I’m gonna go with them, not cause they’re the best priced, but they were the best without me having to travel, and I didn’t have to do the BS song and dance.
Which is funny because I've been getting the run around from smithhaven which sucks because I'm about 5 minutes away. I've been trying to get the kind of no BS sales experience they keep telling me about but it's hard to do that when they won't discuss pricing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Which is funny because I've been getting the run around from smithhaven which sucks because I'm about 5 minutes away. I've been trying to get the kind of no BS sales experience they keep telling me about but it's hard to do that when they won't discuss pricing.
So I went in letting them know what my offer sheets looked like, and that I'd be willing to take a slight hit off the 5% off Invoice deals that everyone has been getting, as I'd be saving time and money by not traveling. I dealt with Kristina V, and turns out I know the finance manager since we were kids. I'd keep at it with them, as I tried Browns and Atlantic, and both came in over MSRP or at MSRP.

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out Larchmont Chrysler in Larchmont NY, (westchester county) they have a few on hand and one you can test drive. sick ride. loved it so much i ordered one from the salesman. i got what i was looking for and didnt get beat up on price. The salesmans name was Louie really good dude and got me what i was looking for.

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone in here take delivery yet? If so, when did you order?

Knolow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Got Mine (Rubicon) from Precision Jeep Dodge in Butler NJ and they did under MSRP $500 (not a lot but better than nothing). Joe is the manager.

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got Mine (Rubicon) from Precision Jeep Dodge in Butler NJ and they did under MSRP $500 (not a lot but better than nothing). Joe is the manager.
When did you order?
Sponsored