Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
That one is playing “hide and go Jeep” and the other is pretending to be a dead cockroach ... silly Gladiators
ok though the scenario is not funny because i'd be pissed.. but your quote is pretty funny!

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
ok though the scenario is not funny because i'd be pissed.. but your quote is pretty funny!
No denying... i would be quite upset myself. I get mad when the delivery of jeep parts are delayed for any reason so I can’t imagine how those waiting feel. Hope FCA makes this right as quickly as possible so those that weren’t affected can enjoy their new toys.

Sponsored

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
No denying... i would be quite upset myself. I get mad when the delivery of jeep parts are delayed for any reason so I can’t imagine how those waiting feel. Hope FCA makes this right as quickly as possible so those that weren’t affected can enjoy their new toys.
yeah right! like i monitor all shipments and freak when its not here! nonetheless a dead jeep! damn! hope these people are well compensated for

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLSahara 2018
Occupation
yes
https://fox13now.com/2019/07/10/doz...royed-in-spectacular-nevada-train-derailment/

Dozens of brand-new cars destroyed in ‘spectacular’ Nevada train derailment

POSTED 4:45 PM, JULY 10, 2019

LINCOLN COUNTY, Nevada — Dozens of brand-new cars and pickup trucks were destroyed after 33 train cars derailed near Caliente, Nevada, on Wednesday.

Lincoln County Sheriff Kerry Lee confirmed the crash just after 9:00 a.m. and said it happened about 30 miles from the Utah-Nevada border.

Lee said the crash was the most spectacular mess he has seen, with mostly new Jeep Rubicons and pickup trucks destroyed in the derailment.

County road 4230 from Elgin, Nevada, to Carp, Nevada, is completely closed until Thursday, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, and it will remain partially closed for the next 7-10 days because construction equipment, train cars and debris are blocking the road.

Lee said the train had cars hauling hazardous material but none of those cars were impacted by the crash. A hazmat tanker was two cars away from the derailed section of the train, according to Lee.

Lincoln County borders Utah and Arizona and ends just north of Mesquite, Nevada, on the south side.

Caliente, Nevada, is just over 100 miles from St. George, Utah.

Union Pacific is investigating the cause of the derailment and will turn the results of that investigation to the Federal Railroad Administration.

Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment1.jpg

Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment2.jpg

Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment4.jpg

Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment3.jpg

Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment5.jpg
Wow. hope no one was hurt, and WHAT A WASTE! New Jeep Rubicons.

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
To add further detail for the train route that was used to indicate where it was going, there are two main routes through Nevada going east-west. The northern route follows Interstate 80 from Salt Lake City, the southern route follows Interstate 15. If it was going to, say, Arizona, the normal route would involve going through Texas or Colorado before entering New Mexico. From there it would be on the line that follows Interstate 40 for Flagstaff (which is on another Railroad), and Interstate 10 for Phoenix.

So the major urban areas in the South-West path of the line where the crash happened only really include Los Vegas, and after that, towards the range of cities I mentioned earlier. As far as the Railroad is concerned, Fresno is part of Norcal, as almost all of the freights going there are routed through Roseville Yard in the greater Sacramento area.

Here's the map of Union Pacific's (the owner of the line the crash happened on) lines for reference:
%2F7%2F70%2FUnion_Pacific_Railroad_system_map.svg%2F1400px-Union_Pacific_Railroad_system_map.svg.png

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
the red LE that's flipped over, after looking at the larger images, appears to have a body-colored hardtop, the black you are seeing is indeed the tonneau cover.

Sponsored

Koala JT

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Awaiting Delivery)
Occupation
COMMERCIAL UAS PILOT
I got in touch with FCA and the “don’t anticipate further delays to existing orders due to the derailment”

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I got in touch with FCA and the “don’t anticipate further delays to existing orders due to the derailment”
LOL with/ @Koala JT

Thanks, I appreciated the laugh this morning!

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL rubicon.
Totally thought mine was on that train since It’s suppose to be here in California on the 15th but thank GOD it’s going out in the 2nd rail line per the dealer. That would have sucked to have had to wait for them to rebuild it especially since it seemed like forever already haha

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Well . . . "B" . . . see what you've done by starting your thread-title with the word "SPECTACULAR"? You've created a comedy show event about a very real tragedy - especially for the possible Owners of these Jeeps (JL's /JT's) . I suspect many of them are saddened at the very least and in LIMBO as to what's next ? :headbang: :computerrage: ! Don't mind me, it's more of that, "I haven't had my usual cup of JOE this morning, and I've been "irregular" all day . . .sorry" .

AkChas

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2020 Gladiator Overland (M/T)
My first post on the forum....Been watching and learning, in the background but.......
Ugh! I got an email from my dealer in Bellevue WA (Seattle area), on 7/9 telling me that my Gladiator (Overland, M/T, White), was on a train heading west and was in Cheyenne WY at that time.
This "Train Wreck" occurred on the morning of 7/10, just 750-ish miles away from Cheyenne.
I'd been overseas for work -- just got back to USA -- just checking the forums here and POW! This!
I believe I'd read somewhere (or dealer mentioned), that Jeeps heading to Seattle area get trained to Phoenix.
This REALLY does not bode well.
I ordered on 4/26 and have been RENTING cars for the ~60% of the time I'm home. (Previous veh was deemed a Total Loss in a relatively minor accident........in late MARCH).
This is really going to put a wrinkle in things for me (and all the other "brothers & sisters" that have been anticipating "eminent" delivery, en fin!).
I haven't yet gotten confirmation that mine was or was not On-Board.......but I've got a bad, sinking feeling about this : ..(

"Pardon me boys -- is that the Gladiator Choo-Choo"?
Sponsored