Sponsored

Apparently Gladiator competition is coming.... Ford Bronco Pickup

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If it does get made it will just get the ball rolling and Jeep will hopefully be trying to add better stuff to the gladiator
By 2024, I sure hope so.
Sponsored

bruno747

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK 2 Door Rubicon Recon
2024. Dang we are reaching into the future.

At that point I might be looking for a used rivian (think I spelled that right) which should be able to spank a gladiator in pretty much every scenario except maybe refuel time and range per fill.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
2024. Dang we are reaching into the future.

At that point I might be looking for a used rivian (think I spelled that right) which should be able to spank a gladiator in pretty much every scenario except maybe refuel time and range per fill.
You forgot to mention price...the Rivian crushes the Jeep there too.

Seriously though, Rivian is all marketing at this point. It will be years, if not decades, for any small startup to beat established manufacturers at their own game.

Don't believe? Look at Tesla. Without government subsidies and "cap and trade" carbon credit shenanigans, Elon wouldn't have anyone else but his customers to grift. Oh wait, that is exactly what he's doing right now since fed rebates are going away and the other car makers have mass market zero emission vehicles in the pipe.

As established manufacturers release EV's that no longer look like spaceships, hint Jaguar iPace, which can be serviced like regular cars; Tesla and Rivian will be forced to compete on leveler playing fields. https://qz.com/1604080/tesla-is-losing-money-at-a-frightening-pace/

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
No.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Not gonna' happen. The Ranger is going to use the Bronco platform next year for the 2021 model year (which is why I would not buy a Ranger now) but that does not mean it'll look like the Bronco. The media is just trying to get attention with a bogus story.

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I had every intention of ordering the new bronco when it came out, I had already sold my car and was planning on driving ranch vehicles till it released, well one of the vehicles I have access to is a JK reintroducing me back to Jeeps. I will not wait for Ford to drag its feet, so yeah 2024 cool but nah.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I wanna know what the Bronco will tow...

Sponsored

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
No manual transmission, no want.
No solid front axle, not likely to want.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
That piece of shit will get exactly 0% of Jeep owners to buy it and will likely cost more than a Gladiator. Then comes the Ecoboost valvetrain failures and 100,000 mile turbo replacements.

They keep threatening to polish the Ranger turd into a Raptorette, but they know it is a hunk of shit that is almost a decade old so they won't ever do it.

The only manufacturer who has the potential to bring a Jeep competitor to market is Toyota, and they won't because they don't get it either.

OP
OP

2021Buyer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon; 2015 Ram Laramie
There are some really good points in the comments of this thread. One thing is clear - the mid-size truck market with the alleged Ram Dakota, Ranger Raptor, updated Frontier, and now a Bronco - along with the players in the market - Colorado Bison, Rubicon Gladiator, Tacoma Off-road, etc. - the mid-size pick-up is going to be an extremely fierce market to play in.

OP
OP

2021Buyer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon; 2015 Ram Laramie
Let's talk about this in 2023, when there may or may not be a Bronco pickup unveiled.
I agree - I think Ford is going to be watching the Gladiator sales very closes before making the investment in launching a Bronco truck
Sponsored