Sponsored

BRIGHT WHITE Gladiator JT Club

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
There is an old jeepers motto that goes something like: There’s a rock in the road, get over it!
I like your style @steffen707
Thanks! That was my first rock crawl. :whew:

I like the extra travel you got with swaybar disconnected.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So is that grill narrow or wide slots?
The slots are marginally wider on the Gladiator grille vs. the Mopar Satin Black grille. See attached photo.

Also, the plastic mesh does have more but smaller holes on the black grille. Probably not able to swap the mesh between grilles.

I’m not going to be doing much towing. If I was towing 7,000+ pounds uphill I’d want maximum airflow to the radiator.

Last weekend I drove through the Eastern Sierra Mountain valley in almost 100* temps with the A/C on full blast and driving over 75MPH...and coolant stayed below 1/2 mark on temp scale.

8E5A940F-0D26-414C-B07F-F2A265774468.jpeg

Last edited:

Maximus Meridius

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S , 2018 Jeep Compass, 2016 WRX
Hello all,
Just found this forum and joined. I’m not a real forum guy but thought I join in.
Have had Jeeps for 35+ years. CJ’s XJ’s, WJ’s, JK’s and now a JT. I have always said that if they ever started making them again, that I was going to buy one. So here she is. A JT Sport S. Options are trailer tow, not the max. Roll up tonneau, side steps, and 3 piece hard top.
My first new truck for ME in 41 years. I ordered her June 20 and took delivery July 29. I had to wait on hold, till they started building 6 speeds. The first stick sold in the area and first ordered and sold at the dealer I went through. There were a few problems ordering it though. Has anyone experienced any of this? I couldn’t order the $0 cost Granite paint without it automatically adding the $500 spray in bed liner. No way around it, and I tried at 4 different dealers. That’s why I ended up ordering white at $0 and it took it w/o adding anything else. I tried and couldn’t get at those same 4 dealers, the track lock diff. (Posi traction) in a vehicle with a stick. In a automatic it went through every time. I can’t understand why, but you can’t.
Now that it is here, I’m not thrilled with the clutch! I thought my 14 JKU clutch was soft and hoped they would stiffen it up. WOW, this one is worse! Maybe 12-15# pedal effort, maybe. Seems to take up ok but soft. There is a noticeable drone and growl in the trans at 1750 rpm in 3rd, 4,5,6th. You can hear and feel it coming in as you go up through the gears. And naturally that’s right where your at cruising in 5th at 55 mph. Annoying. I’ll be taking it back soon to get it looked at by the dealer. Thought I’d put miles on it and see how much worse it gets so hopefully they find it. We’ll see what happens. Other than the clutch, trans growl, and wind buffeting with all 4 window down at over 50-55 mph ( you have to open the slider back window to let the wind out) I love it. We’ll just have to work through it.
I plan on putting bigger, black wheels on it, bigger tires, 3.5” lift, stubby bumper and 12k winch and vent shades for now. About the way I had my 14 JKU set up.
Good luck to all you guys with your new JT’s and the one wishing for one.
Dave

04D23253-0560-4166-A37C-3078A8A31842.jpeg

544442EC-B9ED-4883-95DE-2D218024C6B7.jpeg

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Did you ever find a source for your body stripes?
I wouldn't think that this would be hard to do - they are just stripes. Did you contact pixeldecals and talk to them about it? I feel like if you go to any shop that does vinyl covering should be able to help you with the stripes - stripes are a lot easier than specific font lettering and designs etc - but even that I am sure these days they have a variation of CAD/CAM machine for drawing and stickers that draws and cuts into the desired shape. I'll do some research this weekend and let you guys know if I find anything :).

On a different note, I got stripes on my Mini Cooper S redone pretty easily... Just a local shop that does vinyl and tinting did it for me.

Killdaram

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I wouldn't think that this would be hard to do - they are just stripes. Did you contact pixeldecals and talk to them about it? I feel like if you go to any shop that does vinyl covering should be able to help you with the stripes - stripes are a lot easier than specific font lettering and designs etc - but even that I am sure these days they have a variation of CAD/CAM machine for drawing and stickers that draws and cuts into the desired shape. I'll do some research this weekend and let you guys know if I find anything :).

On a different note, I got stripes on my Mini Cooper S redone pretty easily... Just a local shop that does vinyl and tinting did it for me.
Thanks for the direction. Gonna get the stripes one way or another

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yes, my satin black grille is a Mopar JL/JT part. Not cheap, but the finish is perfect. It actually seems to make bug removal very easy too. I'm hoping rock chips are also less visible (time will tell).
Where did you get the Mopar satin black grille? Link, part number?

Sponsored

JT_Chief

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
So I did find a graphics guy that will be sending me a few "official" CAD workups to choose from... But in the mean time this was the basis for our discussion, which was inspired by many posts here, and both the Scrambler and Honcho throwbacks.

Tell me what you think!

GladiatorGraphics.png

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
So I did find a graphics guy that will be sending me a few "official" CAD workups to choose from... But in the mean time this was the basis for our discussion, which was inspired by many posts here, and both the Scrambler and Honcho throwbacks.

Tell me what you think!

GladiatorGraphics.png
Looks like an entire wrap?

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am

Tell me what you think!

GladiatorGraphics.png
I love it!! :rock:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tell me what you think!

GladiatorGraphics.png
That's way awesome. Love the look. How do you get the door handles painted?
Sponsored