First Granite Crystal VIN# Post Here

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Now you are in the "we don't really know where the F* your Jeep is" state. Once it starts moving Jeep doesn't really know where it is any more. Really need to rely on your dealer for updates. Your dealer is saying it's on a transport, but Barb says it's sitting in a Toledo lot (KZS). Probably trust your dealer from now on. Once it's on a train, your dealer should have a pretty good idea of the transit times to the final rail head since those are sort of pre-scheduled. The final transport from rail head to the dealer is a crap shoot.

Pure speculation on my part: Based on other posts, I think some (but not all) JTs were sent from Toledo to Detroit for body/JB work. I'm guessing those unlucky folks who have been stuck in I/JB got the short straw and were getting transported back and forth to Detroit while most were local in Toledo and blew through JB in a matter of hours. Since yours was one that was stuck in JB for a while, your dealer could have been referring to transport back from Detroit when he said "on transport". Or transport could mean it's already on a train (even if Barb says KZS). Getting closer either way...
Yeah, makes more sense that my JT WAS in Detroit JBS... and put on a transport truck back to the Toledo Railyard! Where it now sits in KZS, waiting for a train. My dealer said heā€™ll be able to track it from now on, as far as loading, railhead 1, railhead 2, etc... said heā€™ll pass word on as soon as it comes! ;{
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 JT Granite Chrystal Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is at the dealer and I will get to pick it up tomorrow! Then the $$$$$ will start going out the door. So many mods I want to do. Guess we'll see what makes my to do list!

Sponsored

Wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2010 JKU
I ordered my GCM rubicon on September 8th. I got the build sheet earlier this week. I talked with Jeep chat yesterday and they said mine was built waiting on accessories, I assume this is the bed cover and possibly the bed liner. They didnā€™t have an estimated shipping date but Iā€™m hoping in the next week. I order paint match fenders with the black top and bed cover. It looks like they are finally moving on the GCM Gladiators.

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ā€˜91 Wrangler, ā€˜08 GTI, ā€˜11 GTI
66A71215-6C70-4C9B-A8C9-7EA7750D18BB.jpeg
8B00DAAF-2455-4185-8DD1-1AF34234E76A.jpeg
5D494C8F-23D9-4A22-BEF8-6AB8DAF75C50.jpeg

First mod! Man this vehicle is beautiful. I did stand in my garage last night and stare at it. Seems like a dream.
Only weird thing so far is the panels and hard top are white on the inside with the dark fabric headliner. Donā€™t know why they didnā€™t paint the inside a dark color too. GCLE first world problems.
Hope to see more pics from our GCLE crew soon.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation

First mod! Man this vehicle is beautiful. I did stand in my garage last night and stare at it. Seems like a dream.
Only weird thing so far is the panels and hard top are white on the inside with the dark fabric headliner. Donā€™t know why they didnā€™t paint the inside a dark color too. GCLE first world problems.
Gorgeous! I will be staring at mine, (in the wee hours of the morning) too! Canā€™t wait!
All Freedom Panel tops (JL, JK, all Wranglers) are white underneath. Just spray paint the insides of the Freedom panels with FCA Granite Crystal Metallic (Or Black) touch up spray paint! Quick, easy, problem solved! ;{
PS (Take ā€˜em off, and mask ā€˜em, and pull the headliners to do it! js... lol!)

JWise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito 4 door
I took the back seat out today. I don't carry people, but have 2 90 lb dogs. Makes a great area back there.

Fairly easy - 8 bolts. Might put the shorter one back in. There are 2 bolts that hook the 2/3 seat and 1/3 seat together, otherwise they are totally independent.

Of course put the 13" antenna on, and a Maxumus hoop in front. Def blocks the front camera tho. Should have gotten the shorter one. But still usable.

I got some tix to SEMA this year and I think I'll wait for any more mods till I see what is there.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Nice! The headliner panels are put in last, and all one color...white. I bought a Spiderwebshade for mine when the roof is off. You can leave the shade installed when the roof is reinstalled, so it should darken the white headliner quite a bit.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Anyone else go out to their garage just to look at their gladiator? :giggle:
No, we are still waiting on ours...and waiting on your photos!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nice! The headliner panels are put in last, and all one color...white. I bought a Spiderwebshade for mine when the roof is off. You can leave the shade installed when the roof is reinstalled, so it should darken the white headliner quite a bit.
OK... Iā€™m confused... what headliners are white? @HikerBobā€™s (in the photos) are black. Just not sure what white headliners youā€™re referring to?;{
Sponsored