Sponsored

LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
awesome, but damn, $90 for bulbs? it says, "These bulbs labeled "7440" and will fit any 7443, 7444, 7505 bulbs style housings. They will fit any housing (DRL, fog light, reverse light, etc...) that is sized between 23mm - 29mm in opening diameter. "

So i'm giong to look for a 7440 bulb on amazon. The fog bulbs I got are awesome, so maybe same manufacturer

EDIT: and LMAO, i already ordered some bulbs from this thread that were supposed to be for the DRL, but i don't have DRL on my sport S, but they apparently will work "
Alla Lighting 2800lm 7440 7443 LED Bulbs Xtreme Super Bright T20 7441 7442 7444NAK LED Bulb 5730 33-SMD Car Back-Up Reverse,Turn Signal,Brake Stop Lights TailLights DRL, 6000K Xenon White"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6YPB8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
awesome, but damn, $90 for bulbs? it says, "These bulbs labeled "7440" and will fit any 7443, 7444, 7505 bulbs style housings. They will fit any housing (DRL, fog light, reverse light, etc...) that is sized between 23mm - 29mm in opening diameter. "

So i'm giong to look for a 7440 bulb on amazon. The fog bulbs I got are awesome, so maybe same manufacturer

EDIT: and LMAO, i already ordered some bulbs from this thread that were supposed to be for the DRL, but i don't have DRL on my sport S, but they apparently will work "
Alla Lighting 2800lm 7440 7443 LED Bulbs Xtreme Super Bright T20 7441 7442 7444NAK LED Bulb 5730 33-SMD Car Back-Up Reverse,Turn Signal,Brake Stop Lights TailLights DRL, 6000K Xenon White"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6YPB8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'll try to give em a shot tonight and post back results!

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Ok so a little update on my findings. I have a Tazer Mini and installed a set of LED switchback bulbs from Amazon. End page was the brand. Size and fit into harness was good. I set DRLs to Turn signals and DRL option as Canada. Lights come on amber with engine running and no lights. Then they are white when either auto lights come on or I turn on the lights. They flash amber for the blinker. From the outside they flash normal pattern, but inside the dash light hyper flashes although the blinker sound inside is normal pattern. I do not have resistors hooked up. Not sure if I will or not but do have a set laying around. I’m guessing you cannot get the bulbs to shine white during DRL mode, which actually may not be bad as amber will show better in the daylight. Just my thoughts/findings. Please share ideas or questions.
Any update on this. I’m assuming you are trying to get both lights white as DRL and the turn signal amber.

Sponsored

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Any update on this. I’m assuming you are trying to get both lights white as DRL and the turn signal amber.
unfortunately nothing. DRLs are amber and turn white when lights come on. Also, they blink correctly outside both front and rear but inside show bulb out warning and rapid flash on the dash inside. Using Tazer but didn’t fix it.

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
unfortunately nothing. DRLs are amber and turn white when lights come on. Also, they blink correctly outside both front and rear but inside show bulb out warning and rapid flash on the dash inside. Using Tazer but didn’t fix it.
I just installed LED switchbacks from Oracle today. I have a Sport S with no max tow so just have the single bulb in the fender. I'm not having any rapid flash (used tazer to update to LED) but I was disappointed in the DRL being amber. Thought it was going to be white. I called Oracle and they said they don't think there is a way to make it shine white on the Sport. If you set the DRL to "turns" with the tazer it is telling the computer to send power to the turn signal which is amber. I can't find any other setting to make it send a signal to the white light. So, IDK... Just turned off DRL for now. Still waiting for my v4's for the heads and fogs, at least everything will match then lol

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a thought, I did get a rapid flash briefly after I initially changed the settings in the tazer. But after two sleep cycles it cleared out. Did you try that? After full reboot, turn off, open/close drivers door, wait for dash to turn off, then start again?

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
I just installed LED switchbacks from Oracle today. I have a Sport S with no max tow so just have the single bulb in the fender. I'm not having any rapid flash (used tazer to update to LED) but I was disappointed in the DRL being amber. Thought it was going to be white. I called Oracle and they said they don't think there is a way to make it shine white on the Sport. If you set the DRL to "turns" with the tazer it is telling the computer to send power to the turn signal which is amber. I can't find any other setting to make it send a signal to the white light. So, IDK... Just turned off DRL for now. Still waiting for my v4's for the heads and fogs, at least everything will match then lol
did you just set front turns to LED on Tazer for no issues with the blinkers? I did that as well but still have it showing in the dash. Must be the bulbs themselves having the issue even though the bulbs themselves do not hyperflash.

also did the reset as well. Guess I can try it again tomorrow

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you just set front turns to LED on Tazer for no issues with the blinkers? I did that as well but still have it showing in the dash. Must be the bulbs themselves having the issue even though the bulbs themselves do not hyperflash.
Yeah, basically. When I called Oracle they said I probably didn't need to do it but it was already set and everything was working so...

Sponsored

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I wonder if these putco led’s could be used to replace the halogen tail light turn signal/ brake bulbs?

0537D4DB-C824-437D-8B14-A46BCA83EB7D.png

2FB47B2A-3442-49AA-8297-35F142BB4238.png