Cost of AUX Switch Installation

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
I found 2 Gladiators on the lot that are optioned with everything I want minus the Auxiliary switches. The Auxiliary switches can be bought from allmoparparts.com for $260 (at the time of this writing) which is fine. However, the dealership I am negotiating with quoted me $500+ dollars to install the auxiliary switches... WTF!?

Is this right? Do i need to have the 7" Uconnect flashed in order for me to use the Auxiliary switches? Even so, labor just seems excessive to me.

BTW, im negotiating a 5% below invoice on a Rubicon sitting on the lot right now. Seems good to me.
Sponsored

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I would take the Rubicon and add switched later. Strike while iron is hot
Absolutely not........wait till you get them to where u want em......then act like you have cold feet about pulling the final trigger.......tell em that you hust had your heart set on those switches. Be amazed at how fast they include the part and install at bo additional cost.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I was told by my service manager the book says 2 hours. They might charge me less but the max is 2 hours labor. Currently they are getting $125 hour.

OP
OP
Reasons

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
I was told by my service manager the book says 2 hours. They might charge me less but the max is 2 hours labor. Currently they are getting $125 hour.
Awesome!

Thank you for that very important piece of Intel. I will use it on the so called "Sales Manager" I am dealing with now.

Sponsored

Mattdaddy1974

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Absolutely not........wait till you get them to where u want em......then act like you have cold feet about pulling the final trigger.......tell em that you hust had your heart set on those switches. Be amazed at how fast they include the part and install at bo additional cost.
This is exactly what i did and the dealer was more than happy to oblige.

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma gone soon 2020 gladiator on its way
Do it youself I dîd mine but I bought it at the dealer cheaper than I could anywhere else as they matched prices. But they flashed it for free because I bought it there.

Last edited:

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Why not just try to find a Rubi somewhere else with the factory aux switches already on it? Or build it just the way you want (what I did).

OP
OP
Reasons

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
Why not just try to find a Rubi somewhere else with the factory aux switches already on it? Or build it just the way you want (what I did).
Needed a replacement vehicle ASAP. I searched high and low for a Rubi with AUX switches within 150 miles from me. All were equipped with extra crap I didnt want.

At the end I still got a great deal considering I bought a vehicle on the lot. 4.5% below invoice. Had all of the options I was looking for minus the AUX switches.

I'm going a different route now. I'm going to use my Homelink buttons on the visor to control my external lights. 10xs cheaper than OEM AUX switches and I dont need to reflash my Uconnect.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Needed a replacement vehicle ASAP. I searched high and low for a Rubi with AUX switches within 150 miles from me. All were equipped with extra crap I didnt want.

At the end I still got a great deal considering I bought a vehicle on the lot. 4.5% below invoice. Had all of the options I was looking for minus the AUX switches.

I'm going a different route now. I'm going to use my Homelink buttons on the visor to control my external lights. 10xs cheaper than OEM AUX switches and I dont need to reflash my Uconnect.
Do post how you are doing that

OP
OP
Reasons

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
Do post how you are doing that
$30 wireless solution and about 1 hour of your time.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/using-homelink-buttons-to-power-lights.23091/

One negative about this 4 channel setup is all 4 channels are only rated up to 15 amps. OEM AUX switch box has 2 channels that are rated up to 30 amps. So this setup may not work for some. However, I only need AUX switches to power my external lights so 15amps per channel is enough for me. Not to mention extremely cheap.

Freddy4130

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Video Production
Sold cars for 13 years. This is a terrible piece of advice that will only make his salesman combative. When you are ready to buy a car, go in and choose one. Then tell them you will take it but "here is what you need to do do earn my business." Be sincere. There is no need to get into a silly battle that can be avoided. You will immediately make a friend rather than an adversary. If you don't want a dealer to play games with you, don't play games with your dealer. Simple golden rule style. Because that guy sells 20 cars a month and you buy 1 every 5 years. He's better at selling them than you are at buying them.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Especially if you hint that the Jeep dealer in the next county can get you EP pricing, or a bit better. :like:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I was told that adding the Aux switches after the fact leaves out some of the wiring that you get from the factory. Maybe the wires under the dash? Can't remember, but it doesn't turn out exactly the same as getting the option from the factory. Also, tearing out the dash to run the wiring would be a pain.

The factory option is worth it. 40 amp on two circuits, right? And 15 on two. Gives options for LED or halogen lighting.
Sponsored