Sponsored

When will order banks open for Gladiator Diesel?

When will order banks open for JT Ecodiesel?

• Total voters

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
OK methinks we are finally getting close to having a diesel Gladiator, how soon will we be able to order?

I had to go with April 1, for obvious reasons :giggle:
Sponsored

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I’m optimistic, I think the orders will begin end of Q1 with first deliveries sometime in Q2. A lot still waiting for their orders from October on the JL side though so who knows.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I went with after May 1st.

My thinking:

They FINALLY started to deliver JL EcoDiesels and then stopped production again for "unspecified" reasons. I'm sure they'll want to get JL EcoDiesel production up and running to expected capacity before they do anything for JT, and at this point that isn't looking likely to happen soon.

Secondly, they didn't mention anything about offering EcoDiesel on JT during THIS model year. I expect it to be a 2021 option.

So, I'm thinking that we'll see JT EcoDiesels during Q4 of 2020, likely as 2021 models.

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead

My thinking:

They FINALLY started to deliver JL EcoDiesels and then stopped production again for "unspecified" reasons. I'm sure they'll want to get JL EcoDiesel production up and running to expected capacity before they do anything for JT, and at this point that isn't looking likely to happen soon.

Secondly, they didn't mention anything about offering EcoDiesel on JT during THIS model year. I expect it to be a 2021 option.

So, I'm thinking that we'll see JT EcoDiesels during Q4 of 2020, likely as 2021 models.
Im with you, only I heard it was a 2021 model year W/possible Q3 to be on the lots. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

My thinking:

that’s about where my thinking is too. They talked about bringing the diesel to the JL when they released it and it just now starting to go. Seems like everything on the Gladiator (including launch) is running about 1year behind the JL. That’s why figure it won’t be until after they flood dealer lots with JL diesels (like they did the 4cyl) before they start stuffing them into JT’s. I wanted one, for several reasons, including not having to hear the engine scream on every incline pulling my camper, but I figured by the time they start production and work the bugs out of it, I’ll be ready to trade up and get it then.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
The better question may be what will happen first: diesel or trailer brake controller? :giggle:

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
The better question may be what will happen first: diesel or trailer brake controller? :giggle:
I thought I already saw someone on the sister site post a part number and picture for the brake controller.

JTRdiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
As much as I want the diesel, the fact that it’s a $9200cad (6000usd) option in Canada makes it not worth the price of admission

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I thought I already saw someone on the sister site post a part number and picture for the brake controller.
Scuttlebutt continues to be that it won't show until April, IF it isn't pushed back AGAIN.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
GM at local dealer said unexpected delays in the JL`s has him questioning the JT`s being on showroom floors this year, then he said he`s been wrong before and they could show up this summer.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
TFL originally reported, based on what they were told by FCA, that the Ecodiesel Gladiator would be released about 4 months after the Wrangler was released. That means that April would be about the timeline. I know I've said this before, but I will repeat it for those who haven't heard it. According to FCA, the plant that manufactures the 3.0L VM Motori Ecodiesel has a limited production cap. This is one reason why they released the Ram Ecodiesel first, then the Wrangler Ecodiesel second, and the Gladiator third. FCA said there would be a slow-release of diesels. This news had me worried that the demand for the Gladiator Ecodiesel might be higher than the supply. This means that dealers would be less likely to give big discounts. I think I read that the Ecodiesel in the Ram would be reduced to 3% of the total sales.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I guess the elephant in the room still hasn't been addressed. Yes, technically the EcoDiesel is now available for JL. But, they aren't building and shipping them. There's reportedly a stop production order ongoing, and some guys with JL orders placed have been waiting for months with no word on an ETA.

It would be safe to assume that until that issue is resolved, whatever it may be, there won't be a Gladiator EcoDiesel.

TFL should do some digging and find out what the hold up is all about.
Sponsored