First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Ford did a couple of things right...
1. They offered proper engines instead of the Pentagram 3.6
2. They offer the off road sasquatch package on all trims. You could literally walk with 35's and lockers for 31k in the 2 door.

If FCA even just offered the 2.0 in the Gladiator, it would be a lot better. the 3.6 sucks
Sponsored

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Altitude, Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
My biggest issue with the bronco has to do with the suspension. Every review of it I’ve read so far says that the only suspension the bronco will come stock with is independent suspension. That’s going to potentially harm it’s advanced off-road capability. Not to mention the 2-Door version is 4” longer than the 2-Door Wrangler. Those two choices could make or break some decisions.

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
I’m considering buying one for my soon to be 16 year old. He will be the perfect test dummy for us.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
it's always gonna be give and take.

IFS is going to give up a little articulation, yes. But....it will be MUCH better everywhere except rock crawling.
If the Sasquatch comes with 35's stock, I'm sure they have thought of ways to make the suspension off road minded.

My biggest issue with the bronco has to do with the suspension. Every review of it I’ve read so far says that the only suspension the bronco will come stock with is independent suspension. That’s going to potentially harm it’s advanced off-road capability. Not to mention the 2-Door version is 4” longer than the 2-Door Wrangler. Those two choices could make or break some decisions.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
2. They offer the off road sasquatch package on all trims. You could literally walk with 35's and lockers for 31k in the 2 door.

If FCA even just offered the 2.0 in the Gladiator, it would be a lot better. the 3.6 sucks
This statement is based on opinion and not facts. My opinion would be the 2.0 sucks or anything on a Jeep turbo or any vehicle like it turbo charged sucks. It's great for my BMW 440i, or a porsche 911 or you know things like that, keep them away from off road vehicles.

Sponsored

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yes 35's come stock on the Sasquatch package. As mentioned above it is available on all trim levels.

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day

Hilarious. Everyone I know that owned an “EcoBoost” anything has had issues. Like stranded in the middle of nowhere issues.

Compare that to the 3.6L Pentastar Upgrade (PUG) engine and it’s not even a fair fight when it comes to reliability. Twin turbos on anything built for “remote travel” is a very bad idea. Those motors are the worst liability in the Bronco III picture.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Yea, well I kind of agree, but then give us a proper 'truck' engine that makes proper torque.
260lb/ft at 10000 rpm is joke.
The engine is totally mismatched to the mission.
I would choose the 2.0T over the current 3.6, but I would take a torquey lower revving normally aspirated engine over the 2.0T

This statement is based on opinion and not facts. My opinion would be the 2.0 sucks or anything on a Jeep turbo or any vehicle like it turbo charged sucks. It's great for my BMW 440i, or a porsche 911 or you know things like that, keep them away from off road vehicles.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Different experiences, I guess?

I know a LOT of people with the EB's of all different variants.
About the only one that I hear of having a bad time is the 2.3 in the Focus RS. And that has to do with cooling, so packaging related.

Internets are pretty funny.
1000 people by an EB.
1 person complains, the entire sky is falling down.
Remember, people that don't have problems, don't always report back, so the picture is skewed.

Just my $.02

Hilarious. Everyone I know that owned an “EcoBoost” anything has had issues. Like stranded in the middle of nowhere issues.

Compare that to the 3.6L Pentastar Upgrade (PUG) engine and it’s not even a fair fight when it comes to reliability. Twin turbos on anything built for “remote travel” is a very bad idea. Those motors are the worst liability in the Bronco III picture.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
While I much prefer the Jeep's interior and exterior quality and styling, solid front axle and bigger displacement motor, It's great to see Ford challenging Jeep and offering another choice for a short wheel base off-road capable daily driver. Right or wrong, there's something in my gut that just can't get used to squeezing so much hp and torque out of a 2.x liter motor.

Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
I know EXACTLY what you mean...

I am an LS guy myself..

I was blown away when I got on that 2.7 F150. It accelerated much faster than the 5.0.

While I much prefer the Jeep's interior and exterior quality and styling, solid front axle and bigger displacement motor, It's great to see Ford challenging Jeep and offering another choice for a short wheel base off-road capable daily driver. Right or wrong, there's something in my gut that just can't get used to squeezing so much hp and torque out of a 2.x liter motor.

zumwalt

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I know everyone is going to have subjective experiences, but we've got an EcoBoost F150 with nearly 300k miles on it. The only issue it's ever had is consistently failing TPMS sensors.

• Wow
Reactions: d k

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
when i first saw it i thought the same thing, but i doubt they will make a pickup because it'll cannibalize their already-established pickup line (unless they're willing to scrap the ranger already).
They’re about to create an entire Bronco sub brand. GM does just fine with the GMC/Chevy twins.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

Pentagram? Lol.
The 3.6l doesn’t suck. It actually does just fine. The 2.0T sounds good on paper, but that engine is way too peaky and unrefined. I started to hate it in my Cherokee loaner. Look at the 3.6l and 2.0t performance numbers on the JLs, the 2.0 doesn’t perform well.

I don't know anything about your Jeep, so this isn’t directed to you, but I love how many people throw on 35s and 37s and don’t re-gear and complain that the 3.6l sucks. Wtf did you expect? I intentionally only went to a 33.5” tire, and one of the lighter options at that, because I know I only have 3.73 gears and I understand physics.

edit: I just read your profile. You’re also at high altitude. I lived in CO for four years, it makes a huge impact on n/a engines. I understand your point better now about the 2.0t, but it’s just not a great engine.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yes 35's come stock on the Sasquatch package. As mentioned above it is available on all trim levels.
That’s really cool that’s they did that. I hate the name though, what focus group came up with that brilliant idea?
Sponsored