Sponsored

SYNERGY Track bar installed......UPDATE: Corrected 90% of the dead zone steering issues and highway wobble

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Wow! what a difference this made. Corrected 90% of the dead zone steering issues, and the highway wobble! it drives in a straight line now, and I can actually take my hands off the wheel. For under $500 installed, this is a must have.
Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Are you referring to the trackbar/sector shaft brace?

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
Good to know. Mine is in the box waiting for me to install it. Hopefully, tomorrow will be the day! I see you have the Fox stabilizer....I am installing that as well tomorrow.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I'd be worried that there is intentional play designed into the box for offroading, and when you clamp it down that you move the force more inside where you don't want it.

I would rather handle it via the TeraFlex Falcon adjustable stabilizer which solves a TON of the slop, is cheaper, and still provides the open soft setting for wheeling.

My $0.02

Sponsored

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be worried that there is intentional play designed into the box for offroading, and when you clamp it down that you move the force more inside where you don't want it.

I would rather handle it via the TeraFlex Falcon adjustable stabilizer which solves a TON of the slop, is cheaper, and still provides the open soft setting for wheeling.

My $0.02
Thats a good point.....but then again they say not to try to fix steering problems with a stabilizer. I guess I will find out, maybe the hard way! Lol.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Thats a good point.....but then again they say not to try to fix steering problems with a stabilizer. I guess I will find out, maybe the hard way! Lol.
Doesn't apply to this situation imo. That saying is for a poorly setup truck, like you messed with the caster or wheels aren't balanced etc.

In this case there's 2 spots for slop, it seems. 1 is at the super soft stabilizer monotube shock, the other is the steering box play itself.

Firming up either of these spots will apply more stress to the box, the difference with the stabilizer is it's adjustable back to medium or soft, the bracket is not.

The Falcon (or Fox equivelant) is also cheaper and provides a wider range of functionality. The bracket is locking you into one, literally. You're talking about a $350 part with free labor for anyone with a jack and a wrench, or a $25 piece of metal that gets you to $500 in the end and has less usability.

Again, my $0.02

OP
OP
DirtySaylor

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I mentioned in an earlier thread i'd ordered the Synergy trackbar, and a few people commented they wanted an update when I installed it. It worked well for me. I am not really interested in off roading as a hobby- just this thing finally driving in a straight line.

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't apply to this situation imo. That saying is for a poorly setup truck, like you messed with the caster or wheels aren't balanced etc.

In this case there's 2 spots for slop, it seems. 1 is at the super soft stabilizer monotube shock, the other is the steering box play itself.

Firming up either of these spots will apply more stress to the box, the difference with the stabilizer is it's adjustable back to medium or soft, the bracket is not.

The Falcon (or Fox equivelant) is also cheaper and provides a wider range of functionality. The bracket is locking you into one, literally. You're talking about a $350 part with free labor for anyone with a jack and a wrench, or a $25 piece of metal that gets you to $500 in the end and has less usability.

Again, my $0.02
I guess I have a different understanding of a steering stabilizers job. So if your steering and suspension was dialed and set up right than you really wouldn’t even notice a good/bad stabilizer on smooth paved roads. They really only come into play off road to absorb bump steer. The issues that the synergy brace resolves is flighty steering particularly on smooth paved roads, so I am not sure the falcon stabilizer will fix that. Whether you brace the steering box or adjust it you are tightening up the steering and correcting the steering issue. However, I do agree that either one of those puts more stress on it and may cause premature failure. Your suggestion is certainly the easier and less expensive route. It would be interesting if someone here has installed the falcon stabilizer first, then the synergy brace. I would like to hear their observations. Thanks for your .02. I am always eager to learn.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I guess I have a different understanding of a steering stabilizers job. So if your steering and suspension was dialed and set up right than you really wouldn’t even notice a good/bad stabilizer on smooth paved roads. They really only come into play off road to absorb bump steer. The issues that the synergy brace resolves is flighty steering particularly on smooth paved roads, so I am not sure the falcon stabilizer will fix that. Whether you brace the steering box or adjust it you are tightening up the steering and correcting the steering issue. However, I do agree that either one of those puts more stress on it and may cause premature failure. Your suggestion is certainly the easier and less expensive route. It would be interesting if someone here has installed the falcon stabilizer first, then the synergy brace. I would like to hear their observations. Thanks for your .02. I am always eager to learn.
JK Gear & Gadgets YouTube channel did exactly that on their Gladiator. Falcon stabilizer first, then synergy brace. They said the brace was still a very noticeable improvement.

Sponsored

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Gear & Gadgets YouTube channel did exactly that on their Gladiator. Falcon stabilizer first, then synergy brace. They said the brace was still a very noticeable improvement.
Nice! Thanks! I’ll watch it

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

My $0.02
My 2 cents - My Falcon Nexus 2.2 caused me to notice the dead spot more, the stiffer I made it. I have a wonderful upgrade, but only run it in soft because it's so pronounced. Because my dealership is full of assclowns, I'll be adjusting my steering box myself, and adding the synergy brace/trackbar when I install my Rubicon suspension.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
My 2 cents - My Falcon Nexus 2.2 caused me to notice the dead spot more, the stiffer I made it. I have a wonderful upgrade, but only run it in soft because it's so pronounced. Because my dealership is full of assclowns, I'll be adjusting my steering box myself, and adding the synergy brace/trackbar when I install my Rubicon suspension.
Interesting. My Falcon solved the tracking iaaues and the floating issues and made the steering noticably tighter.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Watarski
I'm with you on the adjustment to steering gearbox to remove the "play /Dead spot" if I get that that would be my first option with the second being the sector shaft brace follow up. But that was something I had to do with my XJ, do to flex of formed sheet metal frame on it. (Lifted, larger tires, 4:56 and locker) I had to take slack out in gearbox too.
My reason for watching this is preemptive knowledge of problems other's have had or having.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I already installed one of the fox stabilizers & it helped the drift when driving, but there was still a big noticeable dead spot. The synergy sector shaft brace has now been installed along with my lift, but they werent done with the skid plates so I wont get to drive it till monday to see what a difference it makes.
Sponsored