Sponsored

SYNERGY Track bar installed......UPDATE: Corrected 90% of the dead zone steering issues and highway wobble

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I already installed one of the fox stabilizers & it helped the drift when driving, but there was still a big noticeable dead spot. The synergy sector shaft brace has now been installed along with my lift, but they werent done with the skid plates so I wont get to drive it till monday to see what a difference it makes.
I'm anxious to hear what your thoughts are regarding the brace. I'm still about a month out (tore my bicep off the bone) from getting the Rubi swap and brace installed. Son and I did the Falcon stabilizer and I was bummed with the results. While it certainly tightens up the steering/float, if you have a deadspot that you're correcting for, the firmer setting keeps each correction "harder", if that makes sense. That install what has sent me off the deep end with the deadspot. And my local dealership has a bunch of dipshits working in service. "Drives like a Gladiator" - and flat out refused to do the "over-center check of the steering gear" (even though I showed them the FCA manual for this), because their regional engineers told them that an alignment was good enough...
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I guess I have a different understanding of a steering stabilizers job. So if your steering and suspension was dialed and set up right than you really wouldn’t even notice a good/bad stabilizer on smooth paved roads. They really only come into play off road to absorb bump steer. The issues that the synergy brace resolves is flighty steering particularly on smooth paved roads, so I am not sure the falcon stabilizer will fix that. Whether you brace the steering box or adjust it you are tightening up the steering and correcting the steering issue. However, I do agree that either one of those puts more stress on it and may cause premature failure. Your suggestion is certainly the easier and less expensive route. It would be interesting if someone here has installed the falcon stabilizer first, then the synergy brace. I would like to hear their observations. Thanks for your .02. I am always eager to learn.
This would be me, but I didn’t have any extreme steering issues to begin with, just normal solid axle, sector shaft box vagueness.

I installed the Falcon 2.2 set on medium at the same time as the Mopar lift and 37/13.50-20 Nittos. I then put 3000 miles on the Jeep including a 2200 mile round trip to Texas and back. I noticed the steering was tighter in a good way, but my wife, who normally drives a 2019 Porsche Cayenne, said the steering felt loose and had to be corrected often on the highway. Keep in mind she was doing 85.

When we returned, I installed the Synergy brace and adjustable track bar. The track bar more due to my ocd noticing the lift pulled the front axle 3/4” to the left. While the brace cannot fully compensate for a loose box, it and the Falcon conspire to hold the front wheels in the position you placed them seeming to reduce box slop. You will still move the steering wheel the same amount, but you will not move it as often as the linkage from the drag link on is held in the position you placed it without allowing the wheels to move freely within the box free play.

I let my wife drive my Jeep and she was convinced I fixed the steering. To be clear, my box is tight (that’s what she said). The substantial improvements provided by the brace and Falcon 2.2 are well worth the investment, even though you should also address the steering box if it is abnormally loose.

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
T
This would be me, but I didn’t have any extreme steering issues to begin with, just normal solid axle, sector shaft box vagueness.

I installed the Falcon 2.2 set on medium at the same time as the Mopar lift and 37/13.50-20 Nittos. I then put 3000 miles on the Jeep including a 2200 mile round trip to Texas and back. I noticed the steering was tighter in a good way, but my wife, who normally drives a 2019 Porsche Cayenne, said the steering felt loose and had to be corrected often on the highway. Keep in mind she was doing 85.

When we returned, I installed the Synergy brace and adjustable track bar. The track bar more due to my ocd noticing the lift pulled the front axle 3/4” to the left. While the brace cannot fully compensate for a loose box, it and the Falcon conspire to hold the front wheels in the position you placed them seeming to reduce box slop. You will still move the steering wheel the same amount, but you will not move it as often as the linkage from the drag link on is held in the position you placed it without allowing the wheels to move freely within the box free play.

I let my wife drive my Jeep and she was convinced I fixed the steering. To be clear, my box is tight (that’s what she said). The substantial improvements provided by the brace and Falcon 2.2 are well worth the investment, even though you should also address the steering box if it is abnormally loose.
Thank you for response. Now I feel like I’m heading in the right direction. I will post my opinion of the results after the install.
I dont think my gladiator is particularly bad. I have had 5 jeeps and in stock form still drives better than any of them, my last jeep was a 98 TJ about 15 years ago. However, I am always looking for improvement and if I can make it drive like a car then I am all for it. Plus my wife will enjoy driving it. Which may not be a good thing....hmmmm.....

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I have a JTR and have had the same loose steering issue. Both before and after a Mopar lift and 37 inch tires. I have since installed the Falcon steering stabilizer and it definitely tightens up the turning and such, but going down the highway I can turn my steering wheel 1-2 inches each way without any response hardly. Thus making me decide to try the Synergy Sector Shaft brace as well. I just got it in a week or so ago and haven't installed yet, but I plan to within the next week or two. I will update with the results once I'm finished.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
My truck has about an inch of dead space. It's not terribly bad, but more of an annoyance. I already have a Rancho track bar, and Fox TS stabilizer in my garage. Im waiting on the Synergy brace to come in.

Sponsored

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
Does any place actually have the Synergy brace in stock? I was going to order through Northridge last week but they estimated shipping at 30+ days from Synergy. So I called Synergy direct and asked what the backlog was. They said they have over 3,000 braces on back order.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Quadratec says expected shipping Aug 6th. That doesn't really mean much, but no I'm pretty sure it's backordered everywhere.

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
Does any place actually have the Synergy brace in stock? I was going to order through Northridge last week but they estimated shipping at 30+ days from Synergy. So I called Synergy direct and asked what the backlog was. They said they have over 3,000 braces on back order.
I ordered from Northridge first week in July. I asked them for an update and they said they expect to receive 500 units in “any day”. My order also said it would ship directly from manufacturer but when I asked about that the Northridge rep said that it would ship from them.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine from Quadratec in mid March and finally received it a couple weeks ago. They are behind, just give it some time.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I bought mine from AZ Off-road and Performance and had it in three days via eBay. I just looked and they also are showing a 30 day backlog. Must be really popular! $200 with free shipping.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I'm anxious to hear what your thoughts are regarding the brace. I'm still about a month out (tore my bicep off the bone) from getting the Rubi swap and brace installed. Son and I did the Falcon stabilizer and I was bummed with the results. While it certainly tightens up the steering/float, if you have a deadspot that you're correcting for, the firmer setting keeps each correction "harder", if that makes sense. That install what has sent me off the deep end with the deadspot. And my local dealership has a bunch of dipshits working in service. "Drives like a Gladiator" - and flat out refused to do the "over-center check of the steering gear" (even though I showed them the FCA manual for this), because their regional engineers told them that an alignment was good enough...
That sucks dude. I tore a tendon or ligament in my 20s that connects biceps to forearm and it sucked really bad. I couldn't even hold a cup of coffee without it hurting . Hope you recover fast.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I ordered my sector shaft brace from Offroad Elements. Super nice people with great prices and it shipped very fast. I haven't installed yet but should get it on in the next week. I will let yall know if it makes a big difference. I had my steering box replaced and my JT drives so much better than it did before. I have no play in my wheel but still have a little wander at highway speeds, kinda like the 85 mph Factoid was speaking of. I will see if the brace takes care of that wander and let you all know.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I just got home from picking up my truck & having this installed... I wasnt too bad off at about 2" of dead spot in the middle... Maybe 1/4" now. Basically any moving I do I can feel the truck responding. I had a lift done at the same time so of course an alignment so I cant say that was 100% the synergy brace, but the guys at the shop as soon as I said I wanted it both the tech & the owner were 100% all about it & how much they help the "its a jeep thing" steering.

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
That sucks dude. I tore a tendon or ligament in my 20s that connects biceps to forearm and it sucked really bad. I couldn't even hold a cup of coffee without it hurting . Hope you recover fast.
I really appreciate it. I've messed myself up a lot over the years, other surgeries. This has been the most painful injury I've dealt with. Post surgery, I've been teetering on using it. Attached is a photo a couple weeks after surgery having some assistance from my son installing the Falcon stabilizer. Doc and PT would cringe -Probably shouldn't have been doing that...but I stay pretty active - this injury has been maddening.
Jeep Gladiator SYNERGY Track bar installed......UPDATE: Corrected 90% of the dead zone steering issues and highway wobble Stabilizer
Sponsored