First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Rumours , rumours, rumours, from a soon to be Mojave owner, the hood scoop is”useless” now but Jeep is stepping up to the challenge...... Scoop will be functional when the V-8 goes in to be Raptor killer! Chassis is all set, ready for the weight and horsepower! Yes I made it up but, the best defense is a strong offense, they have time to get ready for Bronco.

Question for the knowledgeable ones here,I read somewhere the axle tube thickness on the Mojave went from Rubicon 8mm thick to 10mm thick, and the end result is the Rubicon now has the thicker tube thickness also from now on. True?......Jack
Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Rumours , rumours, rumours, from a soon to be Mojave owner, the hood scoop is”useless” now but Jeep is stepping up to the challenge...... Scoop will be functional when the V-8 goes in to be Raptor killer! Chassis is all set, ready for the weight and horsepower! Yes I made it up but, the best defense is a strong offense, they have time to get ready for Bronco.

Question for the knowledgeable ones here,I read somewhere the axle tube thickness on the Mojave went from Rubicon 8mm thick to 10mm thick, and the end result is the Rubicon now has the thicker tube thickness also from now on. True?......Jack
So the wide front axle housing , from SOP last year, has heavier tube than what WOULD have been spec’d under Rubicon test cycle. Mojave also has iron knuckles that could always get spec’d to any other model.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Does anyone know of a functional difference between Model Years? Is anything incrementally improved? Is there a reason to get 2021 other than 'it's newer with a higher resale value"?

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Does anyone know of a functional difference between Model Years? Is anything incrementally improved? Is there a reason to get 2021 other than 'it's newer with a higher resale value"?
You can now order it with the 4A (5 position) transfer case. This adds 4 all wheel drive capability to the gladiator. Previously only available in the JL Sahara's last year.

Like your new avatar.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
You can now order it with the 4A (5 position) transfer case. This adds 4 all wheel drive capability to the gladiator. Previously only available in the JL Sahara's last year.

Like your new avatar.
Thanks, I had seen the selec-trac option which is indeed. a good thing I think. I functionally though... the seats, the parts in the 2020 and 2021 are the same I presume. I want to see a picture of a 2021 Sport to see if they stopped defaulting that ugly bumper and just have one like the Overland.

I hope they release a new order form asap with the Willys, it might have the features I want making the order slightly less picky.

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Thanks, I had seen the selec-trac option which is indeed. a good thing I think. I functionally though... the seats, the parts in the 2020 and 2021 are the same I presume. I want to see a picture of a 2021 Sport to see if they stopped defaulting that ugly bumper and just have one like the Overland.

I hope they release a new order form asap with the Willys, it might have the features I want making the order slightly less picky.
Ya, I believe the Sport will always have the .003 mpg air deflectors unfortunately. Yes, the Willys pkg is a great addition.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
My dealer pinged me just now that the Willys is open for ordering, so there must be a new order sheet... hopefully we can get that soon. I am 90% headed towards ordering one (maybe as soon as today.)

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
How often do these get updated? First of every month?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
How often do these get updated? First of every month?
When things are flowing smoothly... the first week. I think I've seen it as late as the 6th. The fact that I've talked to my dealer who has the ability to order (but either doesn't have the PDF or can't give it to me) makes me think we should have access to the PDF today or tomorrow.

I hope I don't have to wait until Monday, I'd like to put it in my spreadsheet so I can go in and make an informed decision before I order.

(I have a build sheet where they checked every box... but the guy doing it grabbed the Willys Sport data which has hardly any options.)
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator (JT) ORDER GUIDE!! [Updated Monthly] Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 4.14.35 PM

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I've added Willys & Willys Sport based on the pictures of the order sheets I got from my dealer. I'll update them once the PDF is live.

What you get with Willys:

* Mold In Color Bumper w/ Gloss Black (I think its the Overland bumper, w/ shiny black)
* Body Color Fenders
* All-Weather Slush Mats
* Black Aluminum Wheels
* LT255/75R17C Tires (no 33" tires)
* Heavy Duty Red Shocks (Front & Rear)
* Black Grille
* Trac-Lok (Limited Slip Differential)
* Technology Group (7" Radio)
* Convenience Group

* Max Tow NOT available ... no 4.10, no wider axles (as near as I can tell)

Cost increase for the base (before options) is $5,126 Invoice, $5,695 MSRP.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
On the JL side Jay never published the July order guides. See if by Monday he is able to get the August ones.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
On the JL side Jay never published the July order guides. See if by Monday he is able to get the August ones.
Interesting. So is there still not a 2021 guide for Wrangler?

Unrelated, as I'm poking through... I see that for 2021 the Sport S comes with body color fenders and the molded in-color bumper... both previously available on the Altitude, that's not a new Willys thing.
Sponsored