Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Was this an update? I've had this on mine since day one. I guess I'm not sure why this is news. I know war jeep has always been on the screen. Did they change the Gladiator?
On my Overland, when I crank it, I see a war Jeep front that fades into a JT front.

But when I engage ACC, I only see the hood of the JT. The OP sees the front of a JT following the back of a war Jeep.

That's the new Easter egg.
Sponsored

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
On my Overland, when I crank it, I see a war Jeep front that fades into a JT front.

But when I engage ACC, I only see the hood of the JT. The OP sees the front of a JT following the back of a war Jeep.

Hmm don’t think its new. I’ve always seen it. Rubicon 8.4 Radio if it matters.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Hmm don’t think its new. I’ve always seen it. Rubicon 8.4 Radio if it matters.
Don't know. My Overland has a 7" radio. But does the radio affect the instrument screen? Maybe it is the difference between Rubicon and other trim levels? Or maybe when the build took place? Mine was built in July 2020.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

What the OP shows is the same thing I see on my Overland if the ACC screen is up on the display. The old Jeep only shows when the radar detects a vehicle within range.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
What the OP shows is the same thing I see on my Overland if the ACC screen is up on the display. The old Jeep only shows when the radar detects a vehicle within range.
OK, I'm gonna check it out. Usually I'm looking at the road. :)

MadMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave 2020
Occupation
Sales Manager
I noticed recently the “1941” reference when start Mojave. I don’t know if it’s available to other Gladiator versions.

26754498-FA82-46C7-AD79-1F469ABFAC85.jpeg

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
I noticed recently the “1941” reference when start Mojave. I don’t know if it’s available to other Gladiator versions.

Jeep Gladiator ACC Easter Egg Discovered in Mojave Gladiator 26754498-FA82-46C7-AD79-1F469ABFAC85
It is like that on my Launch Edition.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I routinely find myself overriding the ACC just because here in the north east, we don't have a concept of safe following distances and people will just cut in front of you if you leave the smallest gap.
And that's the fault of ACC how?!

The complaints about anything and everything are amazing - maybe it's the pandemic (I'm not believing that)

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
OK, I'm gonna check it out. Usually I'm looking at the road. :)
OK, I understand, now. Following the old Jeep shows up when ACC is your main display on the instrument cluster. You can cycle through many different displays, and I usually have mine set to the fuel economy display, so I did not see that Easter egg before now.

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
And that's the fault of ACC how?!

The complaints about anything and everything are amazing - maybe it's the pandemic (I'm not believing that)
That's not a complaint, it's just a statement of fact. I still use ACC quite often.

OnEdge

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Toyota LandCruiser
Occupation
Engineer
There is three different setting for how aggressive the ACC system will react. Check your owner manual.
I searched the manual thru and thru and found nothing about adjustments for how aggressive the ACC is. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I searched the manual thru and thru and found nothing about adjustments for how aggressive the ACC is. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!
You can adjust the distance it maintains between you and the vehicle in front of you. I have not found any way to adjust how aggressive it is.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
You can adjust the distance it maintains between you and the vehicle in front of you. I have not found any way to adjust how aggressive it is.
Wouldn't that have the same net result? If you shorten the following distance, it is going to have to brake more often and/or more strongly.
Sponsored