First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
I was just referring to the higher torque spec of the ZF HP75 trans that comes with the eco diesel over the HP50 that comes with the 3.6l. I am not sure about the towing but here is a chart from wiki on the torque capability of the different transmissions offered.
trans torque.PNG
Ah Ok thanks!
Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
@JeepCares

Any comments on the lack of Gator and Gobi? Clearly there is a huge demand for it.

Do us a favor and make it happen for 2021!
Remember how Gator was a late arrival on the 2020's... and everybody was freaking out about it.

I'll bet whatever shade of green is coming out, will be released much the same way: March of 2021 or so.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
You are correct, same trans but higher torque rating... up to 750ft lb I believe.
The 75 in the 8HP75 actually is newton meters (ZF is German) so it's good for 750nm which is 553ftlbs.

MDMackey78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKUR
Not sure if I missed it in an earlier post, but is the Mojave not getting the diesel option? I tried building it on the updated site and it’s not an option. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Not sure if I missed it in an earlier post, but is the Mojave not getting the diesel option? I tried building it on the updated site and it’s not an option. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
There is NO diesel option for the Mojave.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
The 75 in the 8HP75 actually is newton meters (ZF is German) so it's good for 750nm which is 553ftlbs.
Good to know! Thank you - Also, I know see Nm on the dang chart that I found....

Dooley the Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wranger, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2000 Honda VT1100
For those who are looking for a Gobi or Gator, I saw one of each on the dealer lot in Cartersville, GA while driving by. I can't say which model they were. I couldn't look away from traffic that long.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those who are looking for a Gobi or Gator, I saw one of each on the dealer lot in Cartersville, GA while driving by. I can't say which model they were. I couldn't look away from traffic that long.
We're only looking at the 2021 lineup colors. What you saw were some 2020s, we know those colors.

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
Guys, just ordered mine yesterday, but they made a mistake (gave me the sport manual window edition).
Since I am a bit of a newbie, can you advise on ideal builds? Or would you rather get a Rubicon version? I am thinking about getting an 80th edition Willys, black with tow package, aux swithc, cargo package, diesel, bed liner & 26Q.

But now I am not sure. Some feedback about the preferred version. Rubicon VS the above or some other recommendations would be great. As I hope to finalize tomorrow.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
In my opinion I wouldn't get the base sport (or willys sport) unless you are damn sure you 100% can deal with manual windows and locks, or if you're worried about selling a vehicle without those features. The Willys (not willys sport) is a good package, but you don't get the beefier wide track axles and upgraded cooling/brakes that the max tow/Mojave/Rubicon get. If you don't plan on getting 37"+ tires or doing heavy offroading/crawling, the base models will be just fine.

I'm still a firm believer that the max tow is the best bang for your buck budget build if you don't mind modifying yourself (adding lockers, your own trail protection, wheels/tires) , and Rubicon/Mojave are the best for if you only plan on minor upgrades such as tires or bolt on goodies. Having full factory warranty on a trail rig is pretty great on those models.

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
Base sport was a big mistake on their side. Thanks @JRobes for the info.

So sounds like 80th edition Willys, black with tow package, aux switch, cargo package, diesel, bed liner & 26Q
VS
Rubicon diesel

- after all is said & done, does the Rubicon need a lift for 37"s , if not then I will probably go with the Rubicon

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Base sport was a big mistake on their side. Thanks @JRobes for the info.

So sounds like 80th edition Willys, black with tow package, aux switch, cargo package, diesel, bed liner & 26Q
VS
Rubicon diesel

- after all is said & done, does the Rubicon need a lift for 37"s , if not then I will probably go with the Rubicon
I'll let the Rubicon owners confirm, but from what I understand 35s were designed to fit the Rubicon fine by the jeep engineers and don't touch when fully flexed, but 37s cause some rubbing in various flex conditions.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Remember how Gator was a late arrival on the 2020's... and everybody was freaking out about it.

I'll bet whatever shade of green is coming out, will be released much the same way: March of 2021 or so.
That's what I'm wanting to know. I'm ready to order but I want Gecko green. I'd like to know when it will be available.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll let the Rubicon owners confirm, but from what I understand 35s were designed to fit the Rubicon fine by the jeep engineers and don't touch when fully flexed, but 37s cause some rubbing in various flex conditions.
There are a ton of tire threads. I'd suggest going to check those out with their pictures to see what you may want as a 35" tire, you can look at prices for tires of that brand you like at stores near you before you decide to pull the trigger on anything.

Also, bigger tires are harder to get going so you may want the 4.10 gears for 35s. Only Max Tow and Rubi have those as far as I'm aware. I think you said diesel though, so that's not a problem for you then.

@Socks If it's anything like our Gator color, it's a "late availability". I don't see it on the Jeep site yet either :( I can't wait to see the new green.
Sponsored