Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Since Jeep won’t do it, I did it myself

VIDEOS

PHOTOS

Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 1.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 2.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 3.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 5.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 4.JPG

Updated with comments:

My thoughts are this thing is incredible... that much power at your fingertips is never anything I’ve ever had in the many Jeeps I’ve owned. I understand 40k is a big ask, but it was worth every penny so far. Drivability is exactly as stock, just with much more acceleration, and it’s a bit harder to stop with factory rubicon brakes, and 40s...

Daily driver, easily. I’ve already head it on a 500 mile trip, and smiled whenever I wasn’t at a gas station. The 20gal tank is a bit small for this engine. I’m getting about 13mpg (calculated) on the highway.
And about 10.5mpg mixed driving. But let’s be real I’m hammering this thing every chance I get so those numbers are skewed

I’ve not towed with it, but I feel like I could pull a house. They did a fantastic job keeping this engine cool. I never see higher than 210° even at idle in 95° sunny day.

40k is steep, yes. But what do you think Jeep is going to charge if they ever do put a hemi in it? I’ve got a buddy on the wrangler design Team at Jeep. According to him if it ever did happen, it won’t be in this model. Because the engine bay would need to be elongated so much for crash approval.

So anyway, Jeep will at least add 25k to the sticker price for a 6.4, look at the price jump in the grand Cherokee. I don’t know, it was worth it to me.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Bad Arse for sure! Did you go it have it done? Those conversions are in the $25k range Right?
I had it done at Exodus 4x4 in Austin TX

With the AMW4X4 engine swap, Adams drive shafts, and chromoly axle shafts, it ran me about $40,000

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had it done at Exodus 4x4 in Austin TX

With the AMW4X4 engine swap, Adams drive shafts, and chromoly axle shafts, it ran me about $40,000
Holy Camshaft Batman!! 40g! I expected $20,000 even with the additions. Exodus installed their first 6.4 in like 2 days according to their utube vid. Seems lil extreme in the cost. But more power to ya.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
What are your thoughts since the swap? Comfortable enough for a daily driver? Any plans on towing? MPG's?
Looks awesome under the hood, too!

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
What are your thoughts since the swap? Comfortable enough for a daily driver? Any plans on towing? MPG's?
Looks awesome under the hood, too!
My thoughts are this thing is incredible... that much power at your fingertips is never anything I’ve ever had in the many Jeeps I’ve owned. I understand 40k is a big ask, but it was worth every penny so far. Drivability is exactly as stock, just with much more acceleration, and it’s a bit harder to stop with factory rubicon brakes, and 40s...

Daily driver, easily. I’ve already head it on a 500 mile trip, and smiled whenever I wasn’t at a gas station. The 20gal tank is a bit small for this engine. I’m getting about 13mpg (calculated) on the highway.
And about 10.5mpg mixed driving. But let’s be real I’m hammering this thing every chance I get so those numbers are skewed

I’ve not towed with it, but I feel like I could pull a house. They did a fantastic job keeping this engine cool. I never see higher than 210° even at idle in 95° sunny day.

40k is steep, yes. But what do you think Jeep is going to charge if they ever do put a hemi in it? I’ve got a buddy on the wrangler design Team at Jeep. According to him if it ever did happen, it won’t be in this model. Because the engine bay would need to be elongated so much for crash approval.

So anyway, Jeep will at least add 25k to the sticker price for a 6.4, look at the price jump in the grand Cherokee. I don’t know, it was worth it to me.

Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That looks really sweet, I've seen the Exodus YouTube videos it looks like they do good work. I guess my question is why doesn't anyone do a swap with the 5.7 Hemi? It's a lighter engine, better mileage and still gets 395HP and 410ft lbs torque. It seems to me like that would be a better match for a daily driver.

The other thing I can't get my head wrapped around is paying $40k for an engine swap...that is nuts. But hey, if you can afford it and that's what you want all the more power to ya.
Sponsored