Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
It takes about 24-30 hours for the average vehicle to be built from the time it starts on the assembly line.
So that statistic is for labor hours. Not sure where they are no for the JL and JT, but the JK had the distinction that it went together in just 13 1/2 hours. Again, that's labor hours, not line time. Much of that comes from outsourced sub-assemblies at Supplier Park (Toledo Assembly) While frame and body are on separate lines, that time is separate, and when more than one person is working on a vehicle, they both count.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-chrysler-have-north-americas-most-efficient-plants-1859/
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That color looks amazing in the sunlight. But in the clouds it almost looks purpleish and I'm not a fan of purple. Reminds me of that Deep Rosewood color they used to put on the Grand Cherokee. Sometimes it looked awesome, other times it looked feminine.

Jar Jar Insano

First Name
Jarek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Grand Cherokee
So that statistic is for labor hours. Not sure where they are no for the JL and JT, but the JK had the distinction that it went together in just 13 1/2 hours. Again, that's labor hours, not line time. Much of that comes from outsourced sub-assemblies at Supplier Park (Toledo Assembly) While frame and body are on separate lines, that time is separate, and when more than one person is working on a vehicle, they both count.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-chrysler-have-north-americas-most-efficient-plants-1859/
that's a really washy way of reporting it. that's like saying the time between operators is negligible, which it's not. it's almost like saying UPS can take a package from Alaska to South Africa in under an hour which is the amount of time someone is physically holding the box. lol. Anyways, I used to work with the OEM's and went to several plants. from time the first piece was picked on the assembly line to the time it was driven off was around 24 hours on average. That is including the time it takes to stamp out the unibody frame and weld them together, which many plants don't actually do at the actual plant. Anyways, none of this really matters. if it takes 12 hours or 60 hours to produce, the big factor is how long it sits in a lot before being put on a truck to your dealer.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
That color looks amazing in the sunlight. But in the clouds it almost looks purpleish and I'm not a fan of purple. Reminds me of that Deep Rosewood color they used to put on the Grand Cherokee. Sometimes it looked awesome, other times it looked feminine.
looks more like black cherry in the shade to me and in the sun like a maroon flavored Mazda soul red

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator EcoDiesel Official EPA MPG and towing capacity 684F15F2-9112-48A4-B6FC-DE9E96AC8585

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
that's a really washy way of reporting it. that's like saying the time between operators is negligible, which it's not. it's almost like saying UPS can take a package from Alaska to South Africa in under an hour which is the amount of time someone is physically holding the box. lol. Anyways, I used to work with the OEM's and went to several plants. from time the first piece was picked on the assembly line to the time it was driven off was around 24 hours on average. That is including the time it takes to stamp out the unibody frame and weld them together, which many plants don't actually do at the actual plant. Anyways, none of this really matters. if it takes 12 hours or 60 hours to produce, the big factor is how long it sits in a lot before being put on a truck to your dealer.
The point is that Jeep can build way more vehicles with lower labor costs.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I find it interesting that the EcoDiesel decreases the maximum towing on Sport by 1,150 lbs, but increases it on Overland by 2,000 lbs.

To me that says the axles are the BIG reason that Overland with gas engine is held back.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I find it interesting that the EcoDiesel decreases the maximum towing on Sport by 1,150 lbs, but increases it on Overland by 2,000 lbs.

To me that says the axles are the BIG reason that Overland with gas engine is held back.
The Overland with tow package/auto trans has a 6000lb trailer rating. That’s with the 3.73 non-widetrack axles. All diesels get wide track 3.73 axles.

28030C45-B663-4FC4-8686-B59997C086B0.png

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Overland with tow package/auto trans has a 6000lb trailer rating. That’s with the 3.73 non-widetrack axles. All diesels get wide track 3.73 axles.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator EcoDiesel Official EPA MPG and towing capacity 28030C45-B663-4FC4-8686-B59997C086B0
In another thread it was discussed that the wide-track axles are not on all the diesel trims after all.

This will require more research.

Josephus

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTDR for Dad. 03' TJ daughter. 07'JKLR to son.
Occupation
IT dude, electrician, and a few other things ;)
Vehicle Showcase
With the huge price up charge that Jeep is charging for the EcoDiesel, they should be including Dana 60 rear on the Gladiator.
Then it could handle all the torque of the EcoDiesel/Rubicon ultra-low gearing; with full 7650/1700 tow/payload capacities.
It’s ridiculous to de-rate an engine/tranny combo that in RAM 1500 can support 10,000 towing.
They are already double-dipping by charging us for Dana 44’s that are included in both EcoDiesel and Rubicon packages with no discount/adjustment.
I’m surprised more people haven’t already figured that out.
It’s not like they are giving any price break for taking away the 4.10 gears.
About 1/3 of the Rubicon hardware is now included in the EcoD.
Dirty rotten cheaters, double-charging the customers and not delivering...grrr
Add a Dana 60 rear, and now everything is back in order.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
With the huge price up charge that Jeep is charging for the EcoDiesel, they should be including Dana 60 rear on the Gladiator.
Then it could handle all the torque of the EcoDiesel/Rubicon ultra-low gearing; with full 7650/1700 tow/payload capacities.
It’s ridiculous to de-rate an engine/tranny combo that in RAM 1500 can support 10,000 towing.
They are already double-dipping by charging us for Dana 44’s that are included in both EcoDiesel and Rubicon packages with no discount/adjustment.
I’m surprised more people haven’t already figured that out.
It’s not like they are giving any price break for taking away the 4.10 gears.
About 1/3 of the Rubicon hardware is now included in the EcoD.
Dirty rotten cheaters, double-charging the customers and not delivering...grrr
Add a Dana 60 rear, and now everything is back in order.
the payload and Towing ratings are not limited by the rear axle

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
I just placed my order for an ecoDiesel JT Sport S, my salesperson sent me this regarding towing.

The max gross trailer weight of the diesel sport, sport s, and overland are all 6,500 lb (2,948 kg). All 3 trim levels also show a 12,100 lb (5,488 kg) GCWR (or 700 lbs less than the gasser with max tow)

Sorry he didn't send me the next page for Rubicon.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator EcoDiesel Official EPA MPG and towing capacity 4924968298142273512

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
I just placed my order for an ecoDiesel JT Sport S, my salesperson sent me this regarding towing.

The max gross trailer weight of the diesel sport, sport s, and overland are all 6,500 lb (2,948 kg). All 3 trim levels also show a 12,100 lb (5,488 kg) GCWR (or 700 lbs less than the gasser with max tow)

Sorry he didn't send me the next page for Rubicon.

4924968298142273512.jpg
is it odd to anyone else that the sport S diesel has a 55 square-foot frontal area and the overland 40?
Sponsored

Last edited: