MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
It takes about 24-30 hours for the average vehicle to be built from the time it starts on the assembly line.
So that statistic is for labor hours. Not sure where they are no for the JL and JT, but the JK had the distinction that it went together in just 13 1/2 hours. Again, that's labor hours, not line time. Much of that comes from outsourced sub-assemblies at Supplier Park (Toledo Assembly) While frame and body are on separate lines, that time is separate, and when more than one person is working on a vehicle, they both count.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-chrysler-have-north-americas-most-efficient-plants-1859/

Advertisement

WXman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That color looks amazing in the sunlight. But in the clouds it almost looks purpleish and I'm not a fan of purple. Reminds me of that Deep Rosewood color they used to put on the Grand Cherokee. Sometimes it looked awesome, other times it looked feminine.

Jar Jar Insano

First Name
Jarek
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Grand Cherokee
So that statistic is for labor hours. Not sure where they are no for the JL and JT, but the JK had the distinction that it went together in just 13 1/2 hours. Again, that's labor hours, not line time. Much of that comes from outsourced sub-assemblies at Supplier Park (Toledo Assembly) While frame and body are on separate lines, that time is separate, and when more than one person is working on a vehicle, they both count.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-chrysler-have-north-americas-most-efficient-plants-1859/
that's a really washy way of reporting it. that's like saying the time between operators is negligible, which it's not. it's almost like saying UPS can take a package from Alaska to South Africa in under an hour which is the amount of time someone is physically holding the box. lol. Anyways, I used to work with the OEM's and went to several plants. from time the first piece was picked on the assembly line to the time it was driven off was around 24 hours on average. That is including the time it takes to stamp out the unibody frame and weld them together, which many plants don't actually do at the actual plant. Anyways, none of this really matters. if it takes 12 hours or 60 hours to produce, the big factor is how long it sits in a lot before being put on a truck to your dealer.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance. Diesel JT hopefully soon
That color looks amazing in the sunlight. But in the clouds it almost looks purpleish and I'm not a fan of purple. Reminds me of that Deep Rosewood color they used to put on the Grand Cherokee. Sometimes it looked awesome, other times it looked feminine.
looks more like black cherry in the shade to me and in the sun like a maroon flavored Mazda soul red

684F15F2-9112-48A4-B6FC-DE9E96AC8585.jpeg

Last edited:

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
that's a really washy way of reporting it. that's like saying the time between operators is negligible, which it's not. it's almost like saying UPS can take a package from Alaska to South Africa in under an hour which is the amount of time someone is physically holding the box. lol. Anyways, I used to work with the OEM's and went to several plants. from time the first piece was picked on the assembly line to the time it was driven off was around 24 hours on average. That is including the time it takes to stamp out the unibody frame and weld them together, which many plants don't actually do at the actual plant. Anyways, none of this really matters. if it takes 12 hours or 60 hours to produce, the big factor is how long it sits in a lot before being put on a truck to your dealer.
The point is that Jeep can build way more vehicles with lower labor costs.

WXman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I find it interesting that the EcoDiesel decreases the maximum towing on Sport by 1,150 lbs, but increases it on Overland by 2,000 lbs.

To me that says the axles are the BIG reason that Overland with gas engine is held back.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I find it interesting that the EcoDiesel decreases the maximum towing on Sport by 1,150 lbs, but increases it on Overland by 2,000 lbs.

To me that says the axles are the BIG reason that Overland with gas engine is held back.
The Overland with tow package/auto trans has a 6000lb trailer rating. That’s with the 3.73 non-widetrack axles. All diesels get wide track 3.73 axles.

28030C45-B663-4FC4-8686-B59997C086B0.png

WXman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
The Overland with tow package/auto trans has a 6000lb trailer rating. That’s with the 3.73 non-widetrack axles. All diesels get wide track 3.73 axles.

28030C45-B663-4FC4-8686-B59997C086B0.png
In another thread it was discussed that the wide-track axles are not on all the diesel trims after all.

This will require more research.

Advertisement

Advertisement