Sponsored

Bruiser...hydro blue and black sport s diesel.

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
I guess I'll post some details of my build mainly to keep track of it.
I took possession of my hydro blue SSD last Monday evening. So far I've added a 13" rugged ridge antenna, tinted front windows, and gladiator hood decal.
I have the rigged ridge sill guards to put on today. The Clayton right ride + 2.5" with fox shocks and Tereflex 1.5" spacer kits are shipping. I have narrowed down front bumper selection to the arcus with a trekker winch (synthetic line of course). Trying to decide on 37" tires and 17" wheels...leaning heavy to bfg ko2's and kmc 544's.
Jeep Gladiator Bruiser...hydro blue and black sport s diesel. 20201017_181004
Sponsored

OP
OP
Whitejeeptj

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
I installed the rugged ridge sills a little while ago. I forgot to mention i also have the hot heads headliners to install. I'll work on that later after getting some acetone.
Jeep Gladiator Bruiser...hydro blue and black sport s diesel. 16030451982535671985555646074915

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have those same sill guards. I think they the best ones out there in terms of protection for that area.

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the ride-rite system from Clayton when you get it installed.

OP
OP
Whitejeeptj

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
I have those same sill guards. I think they the best ones out there in terms of protection for that area.

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the ride-rite system from Clayton when you get it installed.
Absolutely, I'll be in here talking about that lift once it's installed. I plan on driving it liftedand on stock tires until I have the money for the tire and wheel package.
In the meantime, I installed rough country Al2 aluminum steps tonight. It was an easy install and the steps are super lite.
Jeep Gladiator Bruiser...hydro blue and black sport s diesel. 20201020_184631

OP
OP
Whitejeeptj

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
So, I am attempting the suspension lift install on my Sport S diesel. I have run into a problem with the passenger upper control arm frame side bolt. I cannot get it out because the exhaust down pipe is right next to it and won't let the bolt come out. The bolt is too long and hits the exhaust down pipe.
Well, I just cut the dang bolt....wasn't too bad.

Ok, I got it on and dialed in. I'm still on stock tires while I wait for the 37 bfg ko2's to get out of quarantine.
The ride is just like stock! Maybe even more controlled feeling...not nearly as much floaty sway feeling. This kit is a home run!
I took plenty of before measurements and angles in order to make it easier to dial in. I'm very very happy with it.

Clayton sent 3.5" front springs to compensate for diesel weight ( I ordered a 2.5" lift) she sits nice and level still on stock tires and wheels.
20201109_073459_resized-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
If you havent aligned it yet I’d suggest jumping up and down on the front and rear bumpers for a while to get it closer to the settled

are you doing the bronze kmc’s? Love that blue

OP
OP
Whitejeeptj

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
If you havent aligned it yet I’d suggest jumping up and down on the front and rear bumpers for a while to get it closer to the settled

are you doing the bronze kmc’s? Love that blue
Yes, I did the bumper jump thing...neighbors thought i was crazy! I had the angle finder all over it before the lift and set it all back to the same or as close. Exception is castor, I set it about 1 degree more + as best as I can tell. I like a little more castor feel.
I looked at the bronze wheels, but in the end I'm keeping it black and blue.
Attached is how I set the toe 1/8" in.
Also, the wheels I'm using is the Motegi MR149 which is 25lbs.

Jeep Gladiator Bruiser...hydro blue and black sport s diesel. 20201108_133427_resized

Screenshot_20201113-113205_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Whitejeeptj

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
The bed is now lined and the tires are on! 37x12.5x17 BFG KO2 on Motegi MR149 with 0 offset. No rubbing or vibration and drives smooth. I love it. TPMS are not working, I'll deal with that at some point.

b4 tires.jpg

after tires in garage.jpg

front passenger corner shot.jpg

upclose 37s.jpg

front tire poke.jpg

outside driver from trailer.jpg

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I think 37s with the sport flares is the best looking setup personally. Nice job.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
How has it been riding? Did it feel bog down with the additional weight? What’s your mpg like?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whitejeeptj

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
Well, I only have 1270 miles on it so far. Mostly city driving with mileage at 21 mpg. I have been mashing on the skinny pedal because it brings smiles....I cannot feel any loss in power and I thought I would. Still haven't been able to get a front end alignment due to working out of town, but once I do it will have some highway miles. We will see if the mileage gets better. Oh, I keep the tires at 30 psi.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
What shocks did you end up going with? Also did you have to use the spacer upfront or the 1in taller springs do the trick? How much did the lift yield in your case?
Sorry about all the questions but I’m about to order pretty much the same SSD and really like your stance!
Thanks!

OP
OP
Whitejeeptj

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
What shocks did you end up going with? Also did you have to use the spacer upfront or the 1in taller springs do the trick? How much did the lift yield in your case?
Sorry about all the questions but I’m about to order pretty much the same SSD and really like your stance!
Thanks!
I went with the fox 2.0's and I feel it rides perfectly fine and I couldn't justify spending the extra for the falcons based on the nice ride I have now.
Immediately after the lift while on stock tires, I measured exactly 3.5" of lift in the front and 2.75" of lift in the rear. When the smallish 37" bfg's went on - the front went up another 2.5" and the rear also went up another 2.5".
I didn't use the 1 inch spacer as I figured the 3.5" front springs would be just right with the weight of the eco diesel. I still have the spacers because I plan on a front bumper and winch at some point.

Last edited:

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
The bed is now lined and the tires are on! 37x12.5x17 BFG KO2 on Motegi MR149 with 0 offset. No rubbing or vibration and drives smooth. I love it. TPMS are not working, I'll deal with that at some point.

Jeep Gladiator Bruiser...hydro blue and black sport s diesel. outside driver from trailer

Jeep Gladiator Bruiser...hydro blue and black sport s diesel. outside driver from trailer

Just received this today, would look good on your rig!

20210327_154914.jpg

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
Also I'm glad you posted here, my sting grey sport ecodiesel is getting fitted with 37" toyos under clayton ride rite+, I too went with 3.5 springs in the front.

20210326_133614.jpg

20210327_200211.jpg
Sponsored