Sponsored

TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Last year we parted ways with the TJ that had been in our family since 98. I've been missing it ever since, so this year I decided it was time to get a Gladiator. In June my Tacoma was totaled, and I tried to place an order for a Gobi JT. I missed the order banks by one business day. I searched around for a while to find a Gobi JT with my desired options at a fair price, since I'd planned on ordering at 8% below invoice. I couldn't find anything that met my criteria, so I decided to wait and order a 2021 in Sarge Green. Fast forward five months, and Sarge is still no where to be found. I began searching again, and found a Gobi in Minnesota that matched most of my requirements (missing trail cam and aux switches). I contacted the dealer who'd only had it for two weeks. I told them I couldn't fly up to get it for another three weeks, and they agreed to hold it if I purchased a plane ticket. Three weeks went by, and we flew up to MN, signed papers and were done within an hour. We took the weekend to drive just over 1,000 miles back home to Texas.

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
-Leather
-Trail tow package
-Cold weather group
-Premium LED lighting group
-8.4" Radio and premium audio group
-Jeep Active safety group
-All weather slush mats
-8 speed automatic 850RE transmission
-Remote proximity keyless entry
-Black freedom 3 piece hard top
-Winch capable steel front bumper
-Body colored fender flares
-LT285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak M/T01
Also added in the Mopar 2" lift (pictured in the bed of the truck)

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon 44984843262_66e3be027a_k

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon 44984816822_957cab4732_k

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon 31160278908_d941a6202b_k

Jeep Gladiator TexasTJ's Gobi Gladiator Rubicon 30097031127_4a86f1e12a_k
Sponsored

Last edited:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Nice find!

Bet you won't have any problem selling the OEM steel front bumper.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Nice find!

Bet you won't have any problem selling the OEM steel front bumper.
Already sold actually.

Alright, first mods on the Jeep completed.

Installed a Z Automotive JL Tazer Mini. This will allow me to program for different tire sizes, disable auto stop/start, change what pressure TPMS comes on, add auxiliary switches and front camera, activate lockers and swaybar in 4H, and other changes.

I actually really liked the look of the steel front bumper, but in order to use it for a winch you have to buy an additional winch plate for $200-300. I opted for the LOD Signature series stubby bumper with bull bar and skid plate. Paired with a Warn VR Evo 10S, Factor 55 Flatlink E, and Cascadia 4x4 Flipster V2 front license plate mount. I used some LED fogs out of a JT with a plastic bumper so I didn't have to buy the additional bracket for the steel bumper fogs.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4107.jpg

Last edited:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Ha! I was just about to ask about the bumper... I’ve got a Gobi. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Ha! I was just about to ask about the bumper... I’ve got a Gobi. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.
I have a few more things on order, can't wait.
If you're local to DFW, I have a buddy selling his steel bumper, with skid no fogs.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in DFW! Do you know what he’s asking for it? I’m ready to pull the trigger on a look-alike bumper from eBay for $435. I’d prefer a take off, but I’d be satisfied with the eBay route.

Tomorrow I’m installing Rubi take-off suspension, front and rear levelers, Mojave take off wheels/tires, Rubi rock rails, and a SimpleAux. Big day! I hope I can knock it all out!

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I am in DFW! Do you know what he’s asking for it? I’m ready to pull the trigger on a look-alike bumper from eBay for $435. I’d prefer a take off, but I’d be satisfied with the eBay route.

Tomorrow I’m installing Rubi take-off suspension, front and rear levelers, Mojave take off wheels/tires, Rubi rock rails, and a SimpleAux. Big day! I hope I can knock it all out!
Nice sounds like fun. I'll be selling my Rubi rails wheels/tires and suspension soon as well. Should've just sold you all mine haha. I think he is asking $600 or 650, three weeks old like new.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice sounds like fun. I'll be selling my Rubi rails wheels/tires and suspension soon as well. Should've just sold you all mine haha. I think he is asking $600 or 650, three weeks old like new.
That is probably a very fair price, but I think I’ll just stick to my eBay plan. It doesn’t include a skid plate, but it does come with a winch guard and good-enough winch plate.

Yeah tomorrow will be my first real chance to do anything with the truck since I bought a few weeks ago, but I’m going to shut up because this is your build thread, not mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
That is probably a very fair price, but I think I’ll just stick to my eBay plan. It doesn’t include a skid plate, but it does come with a winch guard and good-enough winch plate.

Yeah tomorrow will be my first real chance to do anything with the truck since I bought a few weeks ago, but I’m going to shut up because this is your build thread, not mine.
No worries. Have fun tomorrow! I'm getting windows tinted tomorrow, then hopefully getting started on suspension this weekend.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Yesterday I got the windows tinted. 30% on the sides and back, 75% on the windshield.

Today I finished up the lift install. Mopar 2" with a Teraflex 1" level in the front. Also added a Steersmarts Yeti XD adjustable front track bar. Jeep is sitting at 1199 miles now. New tires and wheels going on Monday.

OP
OP
TexasTJ

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Yesterday was oil change #1 at exactly 1,200 miles. Mopar M0349 filter (68191349AC) and 5qts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20. Also added a Fumoto drain valve on the oil pan.

Afterwards I added some Shrockworks frame mounted sliders. 2" square tubing with 1.75" round tubing on the outer bar. Opted for the trail plates so no one slips a foot through the tube.

Stopped by a buddy's house to pick up a bed divider board he made for me.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Last year we parted ways with the TJ that had been in our family since 98. I've been missing it ever since, so this year I decided it was time to get a Gladiator. In June my Tacoma was totaled, and I tried to place an order for a Gobi JT. I missed the order banks by one business day. I searched around for a while to find a Gobi JT with my desired options at a fair price, since I'd planned on ordering at 8% below invoice. I couldn't find anything that met my criteria, so I decided to wait and order a 2021 in Sarge Green. Fast forward five months, and Sarge is still no where to be found. I began searching again, and found a Gobi in Minnesota that matched most of my requirements (missing trail cam and aux switches). I contacted the dealer who'd only had it for two weeks. I told them I couldn't fly up to get it for another three weeks, and they agreed to hold it if I purchased a plane ticket. Three weeks went by, and we flew up to MN, signed papers and were done within an hour. We took the weekend to drive just over 1,000 miles back home to Texas.

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
-Leather
-Trail tow package
-Cold weather group
-Premium LED lighting group
-8.4" Radio and premium audio group
-Jeep Active safety group
-All weather slush mats
-8 speed automatic 850RE transmission
-Remote proximity keyless entry
-Black freedom 3 piece hard top
-Winch capable steel front bumper
-Body colored fender flares
-LT285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak M/T01
Also added in the Mopar 2" lift (pictured in the bed of the truck)

Where’d you get the Gobi hot wheels? Never seen our color, that’s pretty cool. Good start on the build
Sponsored