Sponsored

Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I have only done the bench prep so far and I followed the video on YouTube directions. I’m planning on doing the actual install later this week or weekend so I’ll see how mine goes :fingerscrossed:
610E4D67-2C87-4F36-995D-7FE5936FB214.jpeg
Dang, that's a lot of connectors.

@Mike - Stinger Off-Road: Plug n' Play is great, but wouldn't it be less of a mess to just cut the RCA-style adapters off then solder and shrinkwrap the wires? Mind you, it has been probably 25 years or so since I installed any car audio equipment, so I don't know if things are different these days.
Sponsored

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
That kind of helped make things better. It’s about as easy as trying to park a semi truck in one car garage.
My wiring harness keeps falling out of the back though. I need to get a replacement.

spence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Ordered mine today, looking forward to fighting the wiring. I installed an Alpine in a Jeep JK and getting the unit back in the dash was the hardest part with the Alpine. I'm sure it will be as much fun with the JT.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would of been nice if the harnesses were made longer so that things could of been routed into the glove box.

Something that is cool about the radio. Is if your in reverse and the camera is on you can turn the screen off. The factory radio didn’t allow this.

I did notice on my way to work that I do not have my steering wheel controls. Not sure what that is about yet.

Last edited:

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
It would of been nice if the harnesses were made longer so that things could of been routed into the glove box.

Something that is cool about the radio. Is if your in reverse and the camera is on you can turn the screen off. The factory radio didn’t allow this.

I did notice on my way to work that I do not have my steering wheel controls. Not sure what that is about yet.
Sounds like maybe your PAC-Link pl1 module’s wire harness or maybe the 3.5 mm headphone jack connector came unplugged.

Sponsored

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll have to check that tomorrow, thank you.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Dang, that's a lot of connectors.

@Mike - Stinger Off-Road: Plug n' Play is great, but wouldn't it be less of a mess to just cut the RCA-style adapters off then solder and shrinkwrap the wires? Mind you, it has been probably 25 years or so since I installed any car audio equipment, so I don't know if things are different these days.
You could cut, solder, and shrinkwrap the wires. It would work. We aim to make it as easy as possible for any experience level with the plug and play cables.

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
The Heigh10 boxes were taunting me so I pulled a late night last night and installed it. Took me about two and a half hours from start to finish and that was with having the bench prep part already complete. Funny enough the part that held me up the most was the center console USB, for the life of me I could not get it to come out under the center console. I ended up removing the 10mm bolt from the side so I could get more movement out of it and get my fat hand in there :LOL: Like others have stated getting all the wires and boxes crammed in there is a pain, I fought with it for about 15 minutes or so until it finally went together. In the installation video he shows installing the GPS antenna in a place that is under the rear section of the hard top and the want you to stick down this metal plate. I just tossed it in there above the sound bar. It stuck to metal and it seems to be working, when I go to the off-road pages I get compass direction and GPS coordinates :like: I have not checked to see if I need to do any updates yet, I have only used it for a few minutes in my driveway and on my way to work this morning. Things that I have noticed so far: I couldn't get Apple car play to work from the USB inputs on the dash, it only works from the one in the center console. Maybe I connected the USB in the wrong places? Not sure yet. I also noticed that the audio section of the gauges cluster in the dash does not populate the song info for Apple car play nor did the compass heading. The screen and dash kit look awesome, really happy with how the dash kit matches the other trim on the dash. I went from the 7 inch screen to the Heigh10 and it makes a huge difference in screen size, I didn't think it would look so much bigger... love it! Sound quality, very noticeable difference in how much better it sounds... cant explain how it just sounds better to me.
Jeep Gladiator Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement download

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
The Heigh10 boxes were taunting me so I pulled a late night last night and installed it. Took me about two and a half hours from start to finish and that was with having the bench prep part already complete. Funny enough the part that held me up the most was the center console USB, for the life of me I could not get it to come out under the center console. I ended up removing the 10mm bolt from the side so I could get more movement out of it and get my fat hand in there :LOL: Like others have stated getting all the wires and boxes crammed in there is a pain, I fought with it for about 15 minutes or so until it finally went together. In the installation video he shows installing the GPS antenna in a place that is under the rear section of the hard top and the want you to stick down this metal plate. I just tossed it in there above the sound bar. It stuck to metal and it seems to be working, when I go to the off-road pages I get compass direction and GPS coordinates :like: I have not checked to see if I need to do any updates yet, I have only used it for a few minutes in my driveway and on my way to work this morning. Things that I have noticed so far: I couldn't get Apple car play to work from the USB inputs on the dash, it only works from the one in the center console. Maybe I connected the USB in the wrong places? Not sure yet. I also noticed that the audio section of the gauges cluster in the dash does not populate the song info for Apple car play nor did the compass heading. The screen and dash kit look awesome, really happy with how the dash kit matches the other trim on the dash. I went from the 7 inch screen to the Heigh10 and it makes a huge difference in screen size, I didn't think it would look so much bigger... love it! Sound quality, very noticeable difference in how much better it sounds... cant explain how it just sounds better to me.
Jeep Gladiator Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement download
the only port that is going to work with CarPlay is the one in the console. Per the instructions manual, of the two ports on the back of the stinger brain, only one of them is CarPlay enabled , the other is only going to be for charging devices. Per the instructions, the console extension cable is the one that has to be plugged into the CarPlay port on the stinger brain. I didn’t try reversing that and plugging in the oem dash usb cable to that port, maybe that would work if you’d rather have CarPlay on the dash vs the console.

also, the installation instructions mention that the compass and audio info will no longer pass to the driver instrument panel display. That’s one of the very few things they weren’t able to retain I guess.

Important Notes
We recommend reading this manual thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the entire process
1. Does Not Retain:.
Cluster Display Features
• Compass (when equipped with 7” or 8.4” screen)
• Clock
• Phone pop-ups
• Navigation pop-ups
Factory Amplifier Features
Uconnect Features
• Uconnect Access Remote Start / Lock / Unlock • SOS / Assist
• Vehicle Location Service
• WiFi-Hotspot
SiriusXM Guardian Services
• SiriusXM Radio

Speed Controlled Volume
2. 3.
When connected properly, the USB port inside the center console will function for Apple Carplay/Android Auto, and all other USB ports will be used for USB thumb drives and charging only.
Ensure that the CH4A-JW18, PL1, and RPA-HD1 modules have been updated to the latest version of firmware
before installing into the vehicle. Refer to the Updating Firmware section at the end of the manual for firmware update instructions.
When connecting an HDMI streaming device to the RPA-HD1, use an HDMI extension cable to position it away from the module to ensure proper functionality. We recommend placing the HDMI device in the glove box. Failure to follow the directions may result in module malfunction.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
I love the look of the screen...... but I actually like Sirius XM, so you loose it completely??

Sponsored

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You get to keep the Sirius XM radio just not the guardian service if you have the 8.4” radio.

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I love the look of the screen...... but I actually like Sirius XM, so you loose it completely??
Like darkamek mentioned, you can still get SiriusXM, but you will have to purchase the SiriusXM tuner separately. They do give you an adapter to retain the Jeep’s factory XM antenna though, so you won’t use the new antenna that comes with the tuner. It’s the SiriusXM SXV300v1.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Does this radio retain the front camera if equipped and will it still wash it? Can snother HD front cameras be used? What about recording the video?

also does this have the option to add additional aux switches like the super expensive alpine radio?

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Does this radio retain the front camera if equipped and will it still wash it? Can snother HD front cameras be used? What about recording the video?

also does this have the option to add additional aux switches like the super expensive alpine radio?
Hey Memphis,

The HEIGH10 does retain the Gladiator front cam and wash feature. Adding a different front camera would not be HD since the other camera ports are for standard RCA connections. The factory cameras module plugs straight into this kit module. There is not a recording feature on the unit itself either.

Adding additional AUX switches will be capable with the SwitchHub being released by Stinger soon. Although this will be a separate add-on.
For more information about the SwitchHub, I added this link:
https://stingerelectronics.com/products/spxsh440

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Military discount?