First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon - 12 JKUR with L86/10L80
Occupation
Engineer
Does this unit support wireless Apple Carplay? If not can it be upgraded?
Sponsored

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
This switch hub is it controlled by the Hiegh10 Or completely stand alone option
The SwitchHUB is a stand alone relay system that can hook up to any set of switches or connected to the SPXM1 marine radio.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Does this unit support wireless Apple Carplay? If not can it be upgraded?
The HEIGH10 has both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which you will need to plug your phone in to support. Wireless CarPlay is not a feature due to the large amount of data that would need to be transferred causing a loss in quality without a WiFi signal.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
Well I like the Heigh10 but my backup sensor no longer beep when I get in close proximity of an object. The display says I’m in proximity on my dash and the radio goes quieter to allow you to hear the beep. But sadly no beep comes out.

GeneLV

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Will this display Gaia and/or OnX apps on screen?

Sponsored

Jzmattingly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sr. Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mike, do you know if stinger plans to sell the camera integration module standalone and would it function with other brand radios? I swapped out the factor 5 inch with a Kenwood when I first bought mt gladiator in Oct 2019 so I could power aftermarket 5 channel amp, i replaced all 4 speakers with marine grade component and added the jl audio sub box under the rear seat. I miss the absolute hell out of the rear view cam, especially when offroad, but idk if I miss it enough to do it all over again. Lol

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Yes indeed, probably the best application offered for 4x4. It's got a ton of functionality, so it takes a bit of getting used to, but we'll worth it.

And then I wouldn’t be one of “those guys” with a massive table mounted to my dashboard? 😂

Sponsored

Jzmattingly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sr. Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
And then I wouldn’t be one of “those guys” with a massive table mounted to my dashboard? 😂
😂 That is correct! I've seen people with displays the size of the stinger that still decide to have a dedicated tablet! To each is own I guess!

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Hey Mike, do you know if stinger plans to sell the camera integration module standalone and would it function with other brand radios? I swapped out the factor 5 inch with a Kenwood when I first bought mt gladiator in Oct 2019 so I could power aftermarket 5 channel amp, i replaced all 4 speakers with marine grade component and added the jl audio sub box under the rear seat. I miss the absolute hell out of the rear view cam, especially when offroad, but idk if I miss it enough to do it all over again. Lol
Hey Zach, @Jzmattingly

*Editing this comment because I was wrong in my first answer.

The answer on this one is NO. Currently the HEIGH10 communicates to the camera module via the PL1. At this time there are no other aftermarket headunits that are compatible with the Radio Pro Advanced and PL1 modules.

Hope this helps! Send me a message if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

MadFoodScientist

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Can you set it to automatically switch to a camera view when the blinker is turned on? For example- have it show a camera on the right side of the jeep when you turn on the right blinker?

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Can you set it to automatically switch to a camera view when the blinker is turned on? For example- have it show a camera on the right side of the jeep when you turn on the right blinker?
Yes you can. You can set this up in the Settings menus to trigger specific cameras when the turn signal is turned on. You can also customize when the camera turns off. Whether that's when your Jeep reaches a specific speed, steering angle, gear, or after a set time duration.
Jeep Gladiator Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement CameraTriggers

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
I wanted to say that Stingers technical support is very helpful. I guess I found a flaw in their software for how my Jeep is setup. My setup is using the toslink for my amplifier. They found that they didn’t setup the toslink to work properly for the rear backup sensors for how Jeep designed the system. They are currently working on a software update for this. If your not using the toslink the rear backup sensor will work properly.
Sponsored