Any rumors for 2022 Gladiator changes?

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
Absolutely we do, you don’t have to buy it, but I’ll be one of the first in the list on our area....already have the wife’s 392 JL on order....while I’m completely happy with the current 6 in my applications I do think they should tune it to the ram 6 power offering considering it’s the same damn engine.
How much did the order total out for the JL ?

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
How much did the order total out for the JL ?
I’d love to tell you, however no pricing yet, so we ordered it with the understanding that we’d buy it 6% below invoice...whatever that ends up being. I have a great relationship with my dealer.

USMC32GTR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Skyline GTR, 2021 JT Rubicon 6MT
Occupation
Analyst
Is there any hard evidence of such a beast? I ask because although I really like me some inline-6, I get the impression those engines are pretty much dead due to MPG constraints.
Lots of buzz on various automotive blogs the last few years. “Tornado” or global medium engine T6 platform, some possible patent stuff but it sounds like there is no new info lately.

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
Lots of buzz on various automotive blogs the last few years. “Tornado” or global medium engine T6 platform, some possible patent stuff but it sounds like there is no new info lately.
Funny thing is that the pentistar block has Siamese cylinders which is frequently utilized on engines that are or planed to be boosted at some point which i do believe the pentistar was at one point. Heck at 8lbs aftermarket i think it turns out decent gains with 100hp at the crank thats nothing to sneeze at with these kits they have.

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Funny thing is that the pentistar block has Siamese cylinders which is frequently utilized on engines that are or planed to be boosted at some point which i do believe the pentistar was at one point. Heck at 8lbs aftermarket i think it turns out decent gains with 100hp at the crank thats nothing to sneeze at with these kits they have.
neither the pentastar nor the 6.4 hemi like boost. just google.....

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
1. Produce the plug-in wrangler (Imminent)
2. V8 JL (JT soon after)
3. Rumored Bronco actually produced, Ford’s V6 embarrasses Jeep V6
4. THEN Jeep rolls out I6 turbo - first JL then JT
So, 2023-2024 maybe?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
1. Produce the plug-in wrangler (Imminent)
2. V8 JL (JT soon after)
3. Rumored Bronco actually produced, Ford’s V6 embarrasses Jeep V6
4. THEN Jeep rolls out I6 turbo - first JL then JT
So, 2023-2024 maybe?
Good! Just in time for me to be in the market for a new one

Jar Jar Insano

First Name
Jarek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Grand Cherokee
2022 Jeep Gladiator JT, with:
Racking for phase plasma rifle in 40 watt range
1.21 jiggawatt flux capacitor
Afterburner with triple bypass
Cyberdyne systems hyperalloy combat-ready muffler bushings
12 gallon pneumatic fluid tank
Fluidless turn signals
392 ci Hemi... with no fancy misfire codes.
bro, fluidless turn signals? not in a million years. that's like saying oil-less motor.

jlrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ6
About when should we know the 2022 colors?

Please bring back Gobi. AEV wants $12k to turn a 2021 Gobi...

Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I personally would love to hear more on the alleged and upcoming inline 6. WOW I love inline motors- smooth, strong and wonderful driveability. I wish I had the chance to know inline 8’s......
Oh well.....

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I would be happy with a Uconnect system that actually works. That software is dogsh**.
2022, It needs to connect to your home wifi and provide an update on status whenever requested, without a 4G subscription, without a 3rd party involved like Sirius.

Currently, you ask "hey google, ask Jeep how much fuel I have". Maybe you are lucky if you get a response. If you do, chances are the information is 2 weeks old. That doesn't help anyone to know how much fuel I had 2 weeks ago.
For a system that has been around for years, there is not excuse for how bad it still is.
And the fact that it's even called "u connect" is a joke. That implies you can connect. But you can't lol. It's so broken.
Crazy..... I think the current U connect is awesome. Way ahead of the interface Ford currently uses. Who's system have you seen that is superior?

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Think the long rumored FCA turbo inline 6 will replace the pentastar? That would absolutely complete the truck. I will just be pretty upset after buying mine and then it comes out. But part of me thinks there is no way they will sell it with a manual when the Bronco doesn’t offer the ecoboost V6 with a manual.
I'd love to see a forced air 6cylinder petrol. Maybe not for 2022, but maybe 2023. Who knows though as they may need to compete with the bronco.

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
For colors, I'd love to see Gator and Gobi come back. Love the Inline 6 with forced air, love to see 35s as an OEM.

I guess we'll just have to what and see. These are exciting time. No telling what the future holds.
Sponsored