Sponsored

Beamtech LED

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
So this isn’t a you shouldn’t do this or that thread, but a question for those who have already done it.
I researched and researched and decided I would just go ahead and give the beamtech LED bulbs a try that I see recommended time and time again on here and on the JL side.
I have a Sport S max tow so it is set up with DRL and all of that.
I currently have a JSCAN setup and am only using it so far to calibrate my speedo for larger tires.
My question is, has anyone with the halogen to LED bulb headlight swap, made any change in tazer or jscan to a LED setting for headlights? If no. Why not? If yea, why? What are the pros and cons to one way vs the other??
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So this isn’t a you shouldn’t do this or that thread, but a question for those who have already done it.
I researched and researched and decided I would just go ahead and give the beamtech LED bulbs a try that I see recommended time and time again on here and on the JL side.
I have a Sport S max tow so it is set up with DRL and all of that.
I currently have a JSCAN setup and am only using it so far to calibrate my speedo for larger tires.
My question is, has anyone with the halogen to LED bulb headlight swap, made any change in tazer or jscan to a LED setting for headlights? If no. Why not? If yea, why? What are the pros and cons to one way vs the other??
Sometimes they flicker if you don't change it to Leds in the system. They definitely would on the JKs, I didn't have to do it on my Max Tow so I left it along. No hyperflashing with the led turn signal bulbs either. I'm not running the Beamtech I have the Hikari Led bulbs but I've not heard anything bad about the Beamtech.
No pros or cons either way if nothing is wrong but if they are flickering the pro would be it would stop the flickering

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
A lot of times when you swap to LED you need to swap the setting or you'll get flickering at certain times. When I installed the MOPAR front steel bumper on my JT (with LED fogs) I had the dealership change the fog light DRL setting to LED since mine would flicker when I'd let off the gas; no issues after they flashed it. If you have the JSCAN try running the new LED headlights for a bit and look for slight flickering, if it happens change the setting.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I changed my headlights, driving lights and both bulbs in the fenders to LED on my max tow, no flicker or issues, everything works as it did with the halogens and other bulbs.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed my headlights, driving lights and both bulbs in the fenders to LED on my max tow, no flicker or issues, everything works as it did with the halogens and other bulbs.
No setting changes?

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I went with different LED bulbs that came with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Modules. Those take care of flicker instead of changing your settings as I don't have a Tazer or JSCAN. Just for shits and giggles I installed without PWM and there was flicker. When everything is installed they worked properly with no flickering and no flashing.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all. The bulbs should be here today. I will not worry about doing anything in JSCAN for any of the bulbs unless I just seem to have issue.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I changed out all bulbs. Headlight. DRL. Fog and Turn to all LED. I thought they were good but I noticed in the dark in my garage that there is a faint pulsating of the lights when I look at them shining on the wall. I wouldn’t call this a flicker like I think people mention where it’s very noticeable but more like a faint pulse in lighting. Anyone had a similar issue? Would jscan help with that? I’ve not really seen anyone mention pulsing

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it go away if you increase the rpm a little? I have not seen any pulsing on mine.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
So I changed out all bulbs. Headlight. DRL. Fog and Turn to all LED. I thought they were good but I noticed in the dark in my garage that there is a faint pulsating of the lights when I look at them shining on the wall. I wouldn’t call this a flicker like I think people mention where it’s very noticeable but more like a faint pulse in lighting. Anyone had a similar issue? Would jscan help with that? I’ve not really seen anyone mention pulsing
Yes, this is the flickering many of us discuss. It's because the LED isn't getting the appropriate power requirements and the settings needs to be changed. Halogens don't care about this minor power drop since they'll just dim a bit. LEDs flicker and turn off when there's a power drop, same thing happens to the LED mag lights when the batteries in them die.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it go away if you increase the rpm a little? I have not seen any pulsing on mine.
I’m not sure. I haven’t driven with it yet. I got in for a second and gave it a little gas to see if I would notice them get brighter or do anything different but I didn’t noticed that giving gas did anything.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, this is the flickering many of us discuss. It's because the LED isn't getting the appropriate power requirements and the settings needs to be changed. Halogens don't care about this minor power drop since they'll just dim a bit. LEDs flicker and turn off when there's a power drop, same thing happens to the LED mag lights when the batteries in them die.
i wouldn’t call it a flicker or the lights turning off and on or flash. They stay the same brightness the whole time. It’s more like a faint pulse. If I didn’t tell someone they probably wouldn’t even notice it.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe all leds flicker to some degree, it is impossible to see most of the time but as they run on alternating current they are constantly turning on and off, shows up in videos.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
I believe all leds flicker to some degree, it is impossible to see most of the time but as they run on alternating current they are constantly turning on and off, shows up in videos.
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain most vehicle applications use DC current on nearly all the electrical systems in the vehicle unless there's a power inverter needed for consumer devices to plug in (which are dumb bc our devices need to convert that ac back to dc anyways).
Sponsored