First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, did the whole dog and pony show haha. Took the calipers off and hung them in the wheel well (don't disconnect the brake lines) and pull the caliper brackets off and paint them on the bench. I'm not gonna be happy if I sink time into them and they start peeling or look bad in two years so I might as well do it right haha. In total was prob about 12 hours start to finish.
12 hours!?! I am just not that dedicated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mnf1fan

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
Well, I wanted to make the radio bezel orange. Ideally to match the vent rings. I don't want to paint it. So I ordered some different vinyl's. Turns out that none of them were what I was looking for. Here's a pic of failed attempts with sample pieces.
I'm still hunting.

IMG_0398.JPG

GSD Guy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Well, I wanted to make the radio bezel orange. Ideally to match the vent rings. I don't want to paint it. So I ordered some different vinyl's. Turns out that none of them were what I was looking for. Here's a pic of failed attempts with sample pieces.
I'm still hunting.
It looks like that instrument panel pulls straight out (no screws holding it in), it that correct?

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I'm still hunting.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave orange mods IMG_0398.JPG
The one on the left is pretty darn close at least to my old eyes

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Anyone notice the Locker Switch Panel and the Automatic Shiter Handle Release are both Anodized Red and not Mojave Orange.

Does Jeep make those parts in Mijave Orange

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like that instrument panel pulls straight out (no screws holding it in), it that correct?
The controls pull off and there is one screw to pull off the bottom with the window buttons it’s all really easy

OP
OP
mnf1fan

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one on the left is pretty darn close at least to my old eyes
Yeah, its a bit deceiving. Also, it was more of a metal film ,so it at least gave the impression of a match to the vent rings. Its adhesive properties were crap. I think it was some cheap film from china.

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
I put orange D-Rings to keep the accents when I replaced the bumper and tow hooks.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave orange mods IMG_0398.JPG
I have been looking at this bumper too, looks great. I see you took off the Quadratec logo. Was this just a sticker or badge that came right off? Also, do you think it would fit a 12k lb Apex Badland Winch (21.5” long x 6.5” deep)? Last, did you mount it to the factory holes? The reviews had complaints of the holes being too far back towards the grille.

MadMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave 2020
Occupation
Sales Manager
I have been looking at this bumper too, looks great. I see you took off the Quadratec logo. Was this just a sticker or badge that came right off? Also, do you think it would fit a 12k lb Apex Badland Winch (21.5” long x 6.5” deep)? Last, did you mount it to the factory holes? The reviews had complaints of the holes being too far back towards the grille.
A. The quadratec logo is just a sticker. I took off right away easily.
B. I saw a photo in quadratec site a Badland winch installed. My advice is ask to quadratec expert if it will fit.
C. The bumper will fit tight in the factory holes and is expected to be like this. I pulled out an truck from my driveway (I regret I did not ask to my wife make a video) and the truck was deep in the snow. Bumper and winch make your job just fine.
Is better to mount the winch in the bumper before, then put the bumper with the winch in place. It will be heavier to put in place bumper and winch assembled together like I did, but if you have someone to help will be better and you will not hurt your back.
Bellow a picture I found in quadratec website using Badland that seems to me a 12k winch.
Hope this reply helps you

8E3908C1-12B2-4F49-99E5-3FCB5F323D71.png

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I am replacing my Factory plastic bumpers with LOD bumpers. Since I love the orange highlights on the truck, I started looking for color matches for shackles. I read about Punkin orange being a match but wanted something standard I could take to a powder coater. I found that Prismatic Brentwood Orange, while not perfect, is a really good match. Shackles will be ordered this week.

B74D92F6-2B47-455F-AC6C-D9C9CFEB74E8.jpeg

6F7F0DD6-CF36-4E3C-A8EB-A1AC9431F338.jpeg

8548B305-152F-4606-89FE-B5BEB768DD09.jpeg

0ECED37D-E3ED-4D8A-BF2A-88C5FF6253F2.jpeg

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Well, another mojave received some Rock Blox with orange logo. Other than the rear bracket holes being a fuzz too small, it was an easy install đź‘Ť
PS: I got the XL/original size.
Jeep Gladiator Mojave orange mods 20210114_134155
Looks good John! You'll really appreciate these next time you're driving in the snow!

OP
OP
mnf1fan

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 High Temperature Brake Caliper Paint. Did all 4 corners. Take a picture of front/back beforehand to see what is visible and needs paint. VERY time consuming to do a good job but happy with the results and color matches accents well (have done a few vehicles over the years and always forget how much work it is to prep and paint them well). One kit is enough to do the visible parts, would prob need two to do entire calipers and brackets.

Looks good. Any chance of a pic with the wheel put back on ??

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers