Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
41185325-C83B-4D95-B409-487AAB172BBF.jpeg

View attachment 134711

Buddy came up and helped with the install. A quick word: It’s not terribly hard, but it is very involved and its a fair amount of work. If you even question “can I do this myself?” My advice to you would be not to try. There’s drilling, a lot of specific tq specs, measurements, on and on that have to be right or the truck wont drive right. If you’re comfortable WGD (Wrenching, Grinding, Drilling) and you have time on your schedule, then full send.

A quick exec-sum here followed by a couple pics and videos

So:
2020 Mojave.
What we did:

- Fabtech Mojave Specific basic lift. No, the shock mounts do not have to be drilled out with this kid the way they do on others. No, the springs did NOT compromise the ride of the Mojave system. They integrate flawlessly to the stock shocks and the truck rides like stock. MAYBE a touch stiffer, but its perfect. Minimal body roll increase if any from added lift height.

- Synergy Drag Link and Tie Rod w/ Fox 2.0 reinstalled w/ Dana HD ball joints

- @Clayton Off Road Overland+ control arm kit & adjustable track bars front and rear. This is REALLY nice shit.

- Rock Jock carrier bearing drop spacer

- Rock Krawler rear track bar relocation tower

- The front Teraflex track bar relocation bracket did not fit based on the bolt for the steering stabilizer relocation mount. I have a Synergy relocation bracket on back order, and will assess if my wheels will allow for a drag link flip. If I can DLF, I will do the bracket in the front as well.

- AEV Geometry correction brackets. These are a *GAME CHANGER* for your at-speed on-highway vehicle dynamics. The truck dives LESS NOW that it did stock under hard braking. For the “I wheel so hard Id rip those things right off” crowd: Eehhh, you really don’t. As you can see they arent that low relative to other points of the truck. If they dont work for you, that’s fine, build your truck as you see fit for your purposes. I prioritize vehicle dynamics over EVERYTHING else I do with suspension, hence the selection. If you’re a big time rock krawler, then these might not be the best approach. But for overanding, daily driving, moderate trail use, etc these things are imo worth it.

- Total lift height came in about 3” inches, and Ill add a 3/4 rear spacer to the rear to get some rake built in. If you want level truck, this lift is level as stock.

Pics of Geo bracket LCA mount vs stock rear frame LCA mount: there is no loss of clearance relative to other points.
Jeep Gladiator Lifted the Mojave 3" w/ suspension parts from Fabtech, Clayton Off-Road, Rock Jock, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV 5E381781-BD9D-4DE9-B61E-753A041F5600
Jeep Gladiator Lifted the Mojave 3" w/ suspension parts from Fabtech, Clayton Off-Road, Rock Jock, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV 0376E3E9-E66E-49CD-9B60-119BBA0622CE

Vids:

Hope that helps!!!
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yeah the lift kits are not complicated, but it's time consuming and not easy due to the bolt torque specs.

How did you tackle the rear springs between the 2 of you? Any tips, they are always a bit of a bear in the truck.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yeah the lift kits are not complicated, but it's time consuming and not easy due to the bolt torque specs.

How did you tackle the rear springs between the 2 of you? Any tips, they are always a bit of a bear in the truck.
Honestly. Just grit. We’re both north of 250lb and rep north of 500 for squat and dead lift. We’re just big dudes. I compressed the springs with my hands and knee and he pushed the axle down. The front passenger was the hardest.

Im sure someone who is a real mechanic can come up with something easier? Sometimes we can get away with not being terribly bright.

Edit- renting a clamp style spring compressor might work?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Why did you install adjustable control arms and geometry correction brackets? Usually it is one or the other.
Are the tires 37s?
They are Falken AT3W 37 12.5 r12.5. I know your next question: yes, I paid street retail for them.

The arms and brackets do similar but different things, you can get by with one or the other, but the combination makes the truck more dive resistant AND let’s you set caster higher where you want it. The brackets do anti dive and get caster back to factory; the adj get caster beyond factory spec.

Hope that helps.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Thanks, cool setup, looks great.
How close to stock length did you set the control arms? How is the power with those 37s and AEV wheels I would imagine that setup is close to 115lbs a corner.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thanks, cool setup, looks great.
How close to stock length did you set the control arms? How is the power with those 37s and AEV wheels I would imagine that setup is close to 115lbs a corner.
Thanks man. I’m honestly not sure what the weight is....wasn’t one of my considerations. I was more concerned about getting an AT that would fit the bed with a snow flake; and a wheel with proper offset/scrub radius parameters that didn’t give me any poke. As it turns out, you can’t run a drag link flip on 17’s that don’t poke...not sure if that would have changed my considerations at all or not had I known at the time.

The lowers are set approx 1/4” longer than stock. The uppers I’d have to go measure again, but shorter than stock.

Power wise, the truck is fine. Yeah, I wish it had a V8 and I’ll probably get a blower for it, but its fine. The tuning/exhaust/intake made a big difference, and I was still able to hold 8th well enough on the highway on the stock 4.10’s my mileage was routinely over 20mpg. I’ve recently gone to 4.88’s and the truck drives just great. No problems with get up and go.

cheers

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Honestly. Just grit. We’re both north of 250lb and rep north of 500 for squat and dead lift. We’re just big dudes. I compressed the springs with my hands and knee and he pushed the axle down. The front passenger was the hardest.

Im sure someone who is a real mechanic can come up with something easier? Sometimes we can get away with not being terribly bright.

Edit- renting a clamp style spring compressor might work?
Nice looking rig :like:

I remember when I was strong and dumb. Now i'm just dumb. I miss my 20's:crying:

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Nice looking rig :like:
Thanks!! Really happy with how it came out. I love that it is on 37’s with 0% bro-dozer.

I remember when I was strong and dumb. Now i'm just dumb. I miss my 20's:crying:
We’re in our 40’s. 🙃

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Thanks!! Really happy with how it came out. I love that it is on 37’s with 0% bro-dozer.

We’re in our 40’s. 🙃
Definitely, keeping the tires close with minimal poke is the way to go if you don't want the bro dozer look, well done. :clap:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

We’re in our 40’s. 🙃
Yep 44 here. I was never a big guy but I was strong as heck. I would out work and out mussel just about everyone I worked with and dealt with. Now My wife lady has to twist off my beer caps. :CWL:

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yep 44 here. I was never a big guy but I was strong as heck. I would out work and out mussel just about everyone I worked with and dealt with. Now My wife lady has to twist off my beer caps. :CWL:
Yeah im not what i was. Its speed ive lost. Im a little heavier now than i like to be walking around, but to be 40yo, move the weight i can move, be injury free, and still get Murph in under 50min in full kit is something Ill take.

Getting old is the hardest thing ive ever had to do; but I am unquestionably more lethal now than i was 20years ago. The things i can read and see in the space now is so much broader.

“Beware the old man in a profession where good men die young.” Im learning to wear my grey with pride. 👍
Sponsored