First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2013 JKU Moab
Occupation
VP of Finance
OK so I’m new when it comes to wiring. Normally i would spend a lot of time going over the instructions... but all we really have is this video. I’ve watched it several times. I’ve got some posi-taps that I will use to tie the gray and purple wires into the wiring harness. Of course I’ll make those connections inside the jeep because I live with my doors off during the summertime. What’s the best way to get the red wire into the engine compartment to connect to the battery? The video just shows it running low on the Cal. But it also looks like it may be somewhat exposed. Or is there somewhere else you recommend i could tap in to? Sorry for such basic questions.
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
OK so I’m new when it comes to wiring. Normally i would spend a lot of time going over the instructions... but all we really have is this video. I’ve watched it several times. I’ve got some posi-taps that I will use to tie the gray and purple wires into the wiring harness. Of course I’ll make those connections inside the jeep because I live with my doors off during the summertime. What’s the best way to get the red wire into the engine compartment to connect to the battery? The video just shows it running low on the Cal. But it also looks like it may be somewhat exposed. Or is there somewhere else you recommend i could tap in to? Sorry for such basic questions.
If you have the factory Aux switches there is a 12V wire inside the jeep that you could use:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...cable-color-code-wiring-identification.13026/

Sponsored

Rupicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VP of Finance
I ran mine to the RSE wiring and just tapped it from there.
I was able to hide the window controller purchase from my wife...not sure that I could hide the RSE purchase...I will have to settle with the aux switches.

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was able to hide the window controller purchase from my wife...not sure that I could hide the RSE purchase...I will have to settle with the aux switches.
hahaha
I completely understand.
I threw in my lift on with the tires/wheels so she’d think the reason it was so high was just the tires/wheels without having to show her how much my Clayton lift was.

Sponsored

Firemut30

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 KIA Telluride
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Very interested. Keep us updated please.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I'm a little bummed this didn't come with posi-taps, but I'm excited to install mine!

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Does anyone know which Posi-tap size to get. Is the wire 18ga?

Rupicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VP of Finance