Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls... What you see here is a genuine "Damn, why didn't Jeep do this?" moment!

After hounding several companies for months on end trying to get a two layer/dual color “Gladiator” badge for the tailgate, I finally got one made! I couldn’t be more happy with the end result. I wanted a red/dark grey color scheme that matched the stock Jeep rubicon lettering and think I nailed it. I thought other kits (i.e. Hauk Offroad) were too small, so I wanted mine bigger. We went back and forth for a week working out the proper size for the outer letters (G-R) and all the inside lettering, spacing between the letters, and even several mock up printouts to confirm what variant and placement fit best and looked the most "stock".

The lettering is made from acrylic, and is laser cut with 3M adhesive for the backing. MADE here in the good ol' USA! I did have to make my own stencil kit, but that wasn't hard, just time consuming. I had the shop print out a spacer at the specified size so that each letter had the proper spacing. I lined up the letters on a piece of thick cardboard, taped them down, then used an X-acto knife to cut around them.

For those that don't want vinyl wrap on the tailgate like I did... The cool part is I worked out the measurements so that the holes from the original Jeep badge are covered by the new badge.

*** Edit: The purchase link is live! There are 3 options for $98 each: Rubicon, Mojave or Black/Red. Any other custom color combo is $118 due to the time involved.

https://limitlessparts.com/products...e-lettering-dual-color?variant=39258389348413

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 678E8418-710A-4EB5-A2A4-0C8FE21211B3_1_201_a
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 9B0832A0-7838-4E6A-A8DB-8AD974642BD5_1_201_a
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 31C0D386-F7E1-46ED-9489-C18EA5BDA108_1_201_a
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 32C08E15-A78E-4D9A-BA04-176D7A7ADC84_1_201_a
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How do we order?
Just added a note to the original post about this. The shop owner is updating his website for this badging kit as I type this. As soon as he gives me the OK I will update the post with the ordering link for everyone.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls... What you see here is a genuine "Damn, why didn't Jeep do this?" moment!

After hounding several companies for months on end trying to get a two layer/dual color “Gladiator” badge for the tailgate, I finally got one made! I couldn’t be more happy with the end result. I wanted a red/dark grey color scheme that matched the stock Jeep rubicon lettering and think I nailed it. I thought other kits (i.e. Hauk Offroad) were too small, so I wanted mine bigger. We went back and forth for a week working out the proper size for the outer letters (G-R) and all the inside lettering, spacing between the letters, and even several mock up printouts to confirm what variant and placement fit best and looked the most "stock".

The lettering is made from acrylic, and is laser cut with 3M adhesive for the backing. MADE here in the good ol' USA! I did have to make my own stencil kit, but that wasn't hard, just time consuming. I had the shop print out a spacer at the specified size so that each letter had the proper spacing. I lined up the letters on a piece of thick cardboard, taped them down, then used an X-acto knife to cut around them.

For those that don't want vinyl wrap on the tailgate like I did... The cool part is I worked out the measurements so that the holes from the original Jeep badge are covered by the new badge.

*** Edit: I will post the link to order as soon as the shop owner gives me the green light. I tried to warn the shop owner that once I posted this there would be some demand for it (this is cross posted on the Gladiator FB page and has lots of interest) but I don't think he believed me. He is now working to get the link updated for ordering. I'll add it here once he has it ready. He said he was working on it and would get it ready ASAP.

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 32C08E15-A78E-4D9A-BA04-176D7A7ADC84_1_201_a
i want one, if you make it, they will buy it!

Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get it in all black?
Yup you sure can, it would be two layers of black. You could probably do a base layer of black in gloss and the upper/second layer in matte black. That would look sick!

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Jeep should do that from the factory. Looks so much better
Thanks! It's the first thing that came to my mind when I stepped back to look at it after I put it up.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did this to my JT it I’d rather this for sure!!

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 18D58937-486E-4779-B995-6C09830B18C1
I remember seeing yours and I thought it looked sharp though!
Sponsored