First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon Unlimited, JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
ARMORLITE
When developing Armorlite one major key point to the performance of our product was to reduce heat coming from the floor boards.

Our Jeeps get really warm on the toe boards due to lack of insulation and the close proximity to exhaust components, add a hemi swap and you can cook an egg on that floor.

Besides just making the insulation thicker we used better performing materials, the dense polyester insulation has the best R value out of our water resistant materials. The top layer does a great job as acting as a thermal barrier but does not conduct the heat up to the surface.
sidebyside-sm-jpg.jpg

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite floor system thermal insulating performance tested with sensors IMG_0176.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite floor system thermal insulating performance tested with sensors IMG_0175.JPG

TESTING:
We have a test facility that allows us to run vehicles in a controlled environment. It features a 4 wheel dyno that has drums that simulate road surfaces and resistance. We used the same testing equipment used for OEM applications to measure the performance of Armorlite compared to stock.

Armorlite Jeep: JKU Engine is stock, exhaust is stock, suspension and gearing upgraded, Armorlite flooring installed.
Stock Jeep: .. its a stock JKU, same engine

Due to gearing the speeds were different but the RPM's and load maintained the same.

Hard data:
- After 30 minutes of testing, the Armorlite equipped Jeep kept the interior 12 degrees cooler
- After 3 hours of running the sheet metal under the Armorlite floor reached 240 degrees, at that point the Armorlite surface had a reading of 100 Degrees. This is a reduction by 140 degrees.

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
What is the comparison between this and the factory floor mat for heat reduction?

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
I've been curious to see how these look installed, with the OEM all weather mats tossed on top.... Just cause.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
With my JT its just the opposite. Will these keep cold out? if so, I'm in

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
What happens when they get wet? It says water resistant but water inside a Jeep happens.

I agree that these should insulate better than the factory carpet, but what about the factory carpet plus a floor mat?

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Im having to completely re-learn what temp settings i need inside the jeep now that this floor is installed.

It works remarkably well.
How's the weight compared to the original carpet?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
How's the weight compared to the original carpet?
I didnt weigh them, but its significantly thicker and a bit heavier.

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMORLITE
That’s a JK, and where are the fans simulating normal air flow?
Yes it is a JK. Our mission was to create a control between the 2 vehicles, different bumpers and ride height would skew the results, probably in our favor due to increase air flow underneath. Plus not as much wind when you are on the trail or stuck in traffic which can cause heat soak.

With my JT its just the opposite. Will these keep cold out? if so, I'm in
Just like your home insulation it insulates the interior from the outside elements, hot and cold.

What happens when they get wet? It says water resistant but water inside a Jeep happens.

I agree that these should insulate better than the factory carpet, but what about the factory carpet plus a floor mat?
You have to try really hard to get water under the Armorlite floor. The water channels and side walls hold the water on the top layer really well. Even in a rain storm with the top off, just open the plugs. The one scenario you can get water under it is if you dredge a river above the door sills. In that situation the material under the floor is a woven polyester fiber, which does not hold water and is resistant to mold and mildew so unlike stock floor, if it got wet it won't smell.
Our top Urethane layer is rugged and marine grade it has an added UV protectant that will keep its color and will not break down in the sun.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I am loving this product. My woman does too. She said “what did you do to the Jeep? I feel like it got a lot quieter.”

Its so much more temp stable inside too.

Really nice job on this product too. I had to interact with the team there on an issue, and they responded same day and got the fix done. Great to work with. Buy with confidence. đź‘Ś

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
TESTING:
We have a test facility that allows us to run vehicles in a controlled environment. It features a 4 wheel dyno that has drums that simulate road surfaces and resistance. We used the same testing equipment used for OEM applications to measure the performance of Armorlite compared to stock.

Armorlite Jeep: JKU Engine is stock, exhaust is stock, suspension and gearing upgraded, Armorlite flooring installed.
Stock Jeep: .. its a stock JKU, same engine

Due to gearing the speeds were different but the RPM's and load maintained the same.

Hard data:
- After 30 minutes of testing, the Armorlite equipped Jeep kept the interior 12 degrees cooler
- After 3 hours of running the sheet metal under the Armorlite floor reached 240 degrees, at that point the Armorlite surface had a reading of 100 Degrees. This is a reduction by 140 degrees.

I feel like you might be missing some value by not talking about the sound-deadening properties. I'd spend 2k+ pretty easily if I could just have a quiet conversation in the damn thing. Any plans for products to address these issues?

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I feel like you might be missing some value by not talking about the sound-deadening properties. I'd spend 2k+ pretty easily if I could just have a quiet conversation in the damn thing. Any plans for products to address these issues?
What several others have done is place this type of material down before you put the kit in.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-133811-NVX-SDBBP40-Premium-Stealth-Black.html

You can also use this before you install a Carpet King Headliner kit. It more than tripled the install time for my headliner kit though.

My Gladiator is almost as quiet as my wife's SAV going down the highway with the hard top on. That said, once you remove the top, it is just like any other topless jeep.

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
What several others have done is place this type of material down before you put the kit in.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-133811-NVX-SDBBP40-Premium-Stealth-Black.html

You can also use this before you install a Carpet King Headliner kit. It more than tripled the install time for my headliner kit though.

My Gladiator is almost as quiet as my wife's SAV going down the highway with the hard top on. That said, once you remove the top, it is just like any other topless jeep.
I’m planning on doing this and I was wondering if you had any tips. My JT doesn’t get here for a few more weeks, but I’ve ordered the coverking and am thinking about ordering the armorlite too. I was going to just go with the noico sound deadener under both, but not sure which one, maybe the 80 mil one? I’m not sure how much I’d need. Also, I’m curious what kind of installation process I’m looking at. In your opinion would a woman with average strength be able to do both installs herself? I’m really hoping I can handle it myself, because it looks like a fun project.

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMORLITE

Our product does reduce road/tire noise a great deal, lots of users have measured with apps a DB improvement. I feel like a straight DB report is not accurate enough to explain the improvement because we are reducing noise in the lower frequency range but not doing much for the upper frequencies from the wind noise coming up top. So you would need to look at a range of frequencies for the big improvement.
Long story short, you will definitely see an improvement. The sound deadener you mentioned is good for reducing vibration but our floor is actually a better sound absorber.
But again keep in mind it is a brick with poor aerodynamics.

I’m planning on doing this and I was wondering if you had any tips. My JT doesn’t get here for a few more weeks, but I’ve ordered the coverking and am thinking about ordering the armorlite too. I was going to just go with the noico sound deadener under both, but not sure which one, maybe the 80 mil one? I’m not sure how much I’d need. Also, I’m curious what kind of installation process I’m looking at. In your opinion would a woman with average strength be able to do both installs herself? I’m really hoping I can handle it myself, because it looks like a fun project.
I would say watch the videos, you do not have to remove the seats on JT, just need to unbolt them so not much for heavy lifting. The floor is pretty stiff so just have to take your time and wrangle the back floor in. I have done several floors with a bum arm and still managed just fine.
Sponsored