Jeep sucks.... I have no idea how some of you have owned so many

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
jeep sucks!!! Customer service sucks!!! Everything about jeep sucks. I have no idea how so many of you guys have owned so many of them. I’m 1 and done with jeep. Spend 50k plus on a vehicle to be let down. I never even got a change to take it off-roading and it still breaks. Been in 2 different dodge shops and still can’t figure out the issue. First dealership had it 15 days to give it back to me broke and 3 days later I take it to another dealership and it has been sitting there going on two weeks and no answer. Now that it’s been going on 30 days total in shop they are sending a Chrysler tech in Monday to look at it. I don’t even want it anymore I’m done and want to lemon it. Here in VA 30 days qualifies for lemon. I really hope anyone on the fence about buying a jeep product looks the other way and purchases something different
Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
A few more details would be nice ... what happened?
Electrical issues and apparently nobody can figure it out. Dash will light up like a Christmas tree. Service shifter will appear. Power steering goes out. 50 plus codes come up.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Little more details please..... that was a lot of writing, with lots of complaining for so little details. What broke? You didn’t take it to the jeep dealers you bought it it? Or did you buy used?

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Electrical issues and apparently nobody can figure it out. Dash will light up like a Christmas tree. Service shifter will appear. Power steering goes out. 50 plus codes come up.
how long have you had it? Did you buy it new? Any mods? Did you install a break controller ?

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
how long have you had it? Did you buy it new? Any mods? Did you install a break controller ?
Yes I bought it brand new end of June 2020. No break controller. Only electrical mods are headlights that I installed the first month I bought it.

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
jeep sucks!!! Customer service sucks!!! Everything about jeep sucks. I have no idea how so many of you guys have owned so many of them. I’m 1 and done with jeep. Spend 50k plus on a vehicle to be let down. I never even got a change to take it off-roading and it still breaks. Been in 2 different dodge shops and still can’t figure out the issue. First dealership had it 15 days to give it back to me broke and 3 days later I take it to another dealership and it has been sitting there going on two weeks and no answer. Now that it’s been going on 30 days total in shop they are sending a Chrysler tech in Monday to look at it. I don’t even want it anymore I’m done and want to lemon it. Here in VA 30 days qualifies for lemon. I really hope anyone on the fence about buying a jeep product looks the other way and purchases something different
I am truly sorry you will not get to experience the joy of ownership that many of us get to experience. I hope this new hole in your life can be filled by another hobby or similar but less capable off-road vehicle that can bring you some satisfaction and peace.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Extremely frustrating for you. I had two Wranglers back in the 90s. My first and second vehicles. Wrangler 1 was great. Wrangler 2 was not. I hadn't even considered a Jeep product since until the Gladiator and my primary concern was quality.

I opted to do a Launch Edition Gladiator and I'm at 15k miles with no issues other than the drive shaft recall.

If I had your problems I'd be out as well. I hope you get it resolved or you get the Lemon Law claim to go in your favor and find something that works for you OP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Extremely frustrating for you. I had two Wranglers back in the 90s. My first and second vehicles. Wrangler 1 was great. Wrangler 2 was not. I hadn't even considered a Jeep product since until the Gladiator and my primary concern was quality.

I opted to do a Launch Edition Gladiator and I'm at 15k miles with no issues other than the drive shaft recall.

If I had your problems I'd be out as well. I hope you get it resolved or you get the Lemon Law claim to go in your favor and find something that works for you OP.
If the dealerships and jeep didn’t treat me the way they have and didn’t keep on dragging their feet I would be more then happy to try another gladiator.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
🍿

Who else thinks it's a bad ground and/or harness?
I thought the same. I checked as many grounds as I could before I took it in. They have replaced aux battery and fuses on side of fuse box apparently. They also tried to replace a harness near driver side door, but it looks like shit to me, spliced wires and electrical tape

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I thought the same. I checked as many grounds as I could before I took it in. They have replaced aux battery and fuses on side of fuse box apparently. They also tried to replace a harness near driver side door, but it looks like shit to me, spliced wires and electrical tape
I forget where, so search around - but I read as recent as yesterday where someone had a ground issue that looked like a non-issue, but there was too much insulating material on the bundle of wires next to the ground point such that when you moved the bundle a little bit you would alternate in and out of 'christmas tree mode.'

In other news you absolutely have my sympathies - you should not have to be self-diagnosing problems on a brand new vehicle like this. Something something sunk cost fallacy, but it may be worth trying again with this one if they can fix it. You could prob get a massive warranty for free if nothing else now.
Sponsored